PDA

View Full Version : Home from surgery & overnight hospital stay

Scooter's Mom
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm home... tired. They only had to remove 1 parathyroid gland. It did have a tumor on it like we thought. Dr. said most parathyroid glands weigh in around 50-80 mg. Mine with the tumor was 2030mg. Tumor was almost the size of an egg. Have a nearly 3-4 inch horizontal incision across my neck at the crease where it meets my chest. They say it won't scar much. 1. because it is in that crease and 2. because they used glue (can't remember the name) instead of staples or stitches. Follow up appt. will be in 1-2 weeks and they will consider releasing me to return to work then.

Just wanted to update those who have followed my "saga" in the prayer thread.

Nomilynn
05-21-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm so glad you are home safe :) Are you in pain at all? gentle hugs to you!

Catty1
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh, Crystal - thanks goodness they found "something" as in there is a reason for all your pain, and removing that tumour will now give you a new lease on life.

Take it easy, and I hope you are getting spoiled just a bit by your fur nurses and hubby.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}

Medusa
05-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Hopefully, now the worst is behind you. Better and better.....:)

caseysmom
05-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Take care of yourself, you will be in my thoughts.

Freedom
05-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Welcome Home, Crystal!

I bet the furkids missed you, and are helping tend you, snuggling up and keeping you company.

How on earth did you manage to "hide" something the size of an egg in that area? I mean, they must have been able to feel it, months ago!

Focusing on resting and healing up, paws crossed for you here (and as you know, that is a LOT of paw croxxing!! lol)

Laura's Babies
05-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Healing vibes coming your way from here! Take it easy and relax while you can!

joycenalex
05-23-2009, 02:50 PM
glad to read that you're home....my best advice from a ..."couple" .....of surgeries over the last years....cats are very nice to have on your lap as you nap on the couch, dogs can make excellent nurses and remember to rest....more then you think you will....and be well soon