PDA

View Full Version : Dare I hope?

catnapper
05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Hubby has been unemployed a while now and his options for a job are quite disheartening.

HOWEVER, in yesterday's newspaper there were two jobs that seem perfect. One is more perfect than I dare hope for!!! I'm rewriting his resume tonight to be tailored made for the one job.... please send me those fabulous PT prayers and vibes for him!

And I'm gonna be particular.... not only do I request that they ask him for an interview, but I'm asking that they hire him too! :D

ramanth
05-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Lotsa hugs and prayers and good luck sent!

carole
05-21-2009, 06:40 PM
all fingers and paws crossed here for a positive outcome, sure hope he gets the job.:love::)

Medusa
05-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Keep affirming again and again:

"All doors are now open to (your husband's name). All channels are now free to (your husband's name). The whole wide world now says YES, YOU'RE HIRED! to (your husband's name).

catnapper
05-21-2009, 09:41 PM
I wrote a new cover letter and edited his resume tonight. Looks pretty good if I say so myself :) The website asks to mail it.... so in the mail it'll go tomorrow. Then I'll be on pins and needles for a week before we hear. The deadline is the 28th, so I'm sure we won't hear until afterwards.

Hubby found another job opportunity tonight with a charter school. Their philiosphies match up perfectly with hubby's. Looks pretty good to me - except I figure the pay won't be too great. But ANY pay is better than NO pay! :p

I think a few opportunities will open up now that its the end of the school year and some people retire. Lets pray!

jenluckenbach
05-22-2009, 05:14 AM
Sending all my prayers for the best possible outcome.

GILL
05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
We are keeping all fingers and paws crossed.

jennielynn1970
05-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers out to you and Grant that he'll get the perfect job for himself, and SOON!!

Pinot's Mom
05-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here as well...good luck! :)

Catherinedana
05-22-2009, 10:11 AM
With all these postive thoughts going out to you, you should not only dare to hope, but believe that doors are going to open for your husband. I think that since you aired your feelings about your frustration before and got that out of the way. . and found that there was a lot of support out there for your feelings. . you can now move into the next phase. Think SUCCESS, Be SUCCESS. . .it will all come together.

Cathy

Catty1
05-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Prayers, best wishes, all hopes, and EVERYTHING is crossed for you and your hubby!:):love:

Edwina's Secretary
05-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Well...I am always the practical one so....make sure when responding to jobs to do so quickly!

I recently ran an ad for a Quality Control Manager for a client. I had over 500 responses. After the first 200 or so, it was hard to review them with any level of focus and enthusiasm.

Being one of the early applicants really is important!

Good luck and good hunting...

catnapper
05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Please keep the prayers and good thoughts coming.

Hubby NEEDS a job. He had a nice opportunity last week that would be a perfect fit for him... and it kinda fizzled on friday when they realized he's not an english teacher. HR mentioned something about an emergency certification, which he'll call tomorrow to inquire more about. Funny thing was we met a woman saturday who works there and she said they are always looking for teachers, so his chances are really good that they'd accomodate him. Hubby and this lady spoke for about an hour and after their discussion, he's more sure than ever that he'd be happy there.

Prayers please! All fingers and paws crossed for us!

Medusa
05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
You got it! :)

Craftlady
05-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Emergancy certification is very common here in KY.

They will hire a teacher on emergancy cerification until they can pass the certification test on the particular subject area. The person has time frame to take and pass the test. Plus any classes that are required.

The school system has to post that job for the school year. If they find a certificated teacher that qualifies for the position, the non certified on emergancy certification looses the job/postion.

catnapper
06-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Emergency certs are differenet here. You have a permanent job (unless you screw up and do something worthy of being fired) and you have 3 years to complete the necessary classes and take the test for the permanent certificate.

This place is actually a juvenile deteniton center :eek: The hours are til 2:00, which means he can be home by 2:30 to continue babysitting Cameron since Ashley works nights. Its also year-round, so no summers off. Its not exactly a school that attracts a lot of teachers. Hubby... well, he's never been a typical teacher ;) He's stayed in the inner city to help make a difference in the kids' lives. In a place like juvie, he'll have nothing but the "bad seeds" and that doesn't scare him because he knows he has the classroom management skills. And he hopes he'll be able to make a difference in their lives. Yup, he's a big dreamer! :p

In short, juvie is actually a great place for him. Most people would think he's nuts... which is why they're always looking for teachers. Most teachers would only go there as a last resort - and even then, is only because they couldn't find a job anywhere else. And here, hubby is eagerly seeking it out.

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I hope that things will work out for him. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.:)

smokey the elder
06-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Some people thrive in an environment like that. Good luck to him. Maybe he can make a difference to some young people who have been given up on.

caseysmom
06-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Emergency certs are differenet here. You have a permanent job (unless you screw up and do something worthy of being fired) and you have 3 years to complete the necessary classes and take the test for the permanent certificate.

This place is actually a juvenile deteniton center :eek: The hours are til 2:00, which means he can be home by 2:30 to continue babysitting Cameron since Ashley works nights. Its also year-round, so no summers off. Its not exactly a school that attracts a lot of teachers. Hubby... well, he's never been a typical teacher ;) He's stayed in the inner city to help make a difference in the kids' lives. In a place like juvie, he'll have nothing but the "bad seeds" and that doesn't scare him because he knows he has the classroom management skills. And he hopes he'll be able to make a difference in their lives. Yup, he's a big dreamer! :p

In short, juvie is actually a great place for him. Most people would think he's nuts... which is why they're always looking for teachers. Most teachers would only go there as a last resort - and even then, is only because they couldn't find a job anywhere else. And here, hubby is eagerly seeking it out.
I have a friend at work (we work it IT) but she counseled troubled teen boys on the weekend to earn extra money. She said it really wasn't all that bad she actually enjoyed the boys for the most part. From what you say about your husband I think he sounds perfect for this job, kudos for him for wanting to help these boys, they need him.

catnapper
06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
He called today and they said it was in somebody else's hands. Hubby accepted that as an excuse to say "you don't have the job" and I told him to call the other person -- it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have the job, it just means he has to convince the person that they need to make an exception for him!

We filled out a few more things online today. One is actually pretty good. The other? He'd be so far in over his head.

jenluckenbach
06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
He called today and they said it was in somebody else's hands. Hubby accepted that as an excuse to say "you don't have the job" and I told him to call the other person -- it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have the job, it just means he has to convince the person that they need to make an exception for him!

I agree wholeheartedly!! Call this "other person" Convince them that YOU are the perfect person for the job. Believing in yourself can give you an edge.

RICHARD
06-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Dare?

No, go into fourth gear and dump the clutch.

That's the only way to find out what the 'baby' will do.

Wear your seatbelts.;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Call, call and call. The squeeky wheel gets greased.

Perhaps your husband could ask the woman you met to give him a name...an introduction? Having a "name" always helps.