PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy??

mr.chiwawa
05-20-2009, 03:57 AM
So I havent been on in a while. Nothing good is happening for me. So here is the question I am "posting" I know my pt family will either agree with my "other" family or back me up:p Since posting anything for quite sometime I have lost both my jobs. Money is disapearing while the bills keep rolling in. Long story short I am on the hunt..however the other day I choose to feed Mister instead of me. Am I crazy like I am being told?? :confused:
I just love my little guy soo much and the last few months would be tougher if I didnt have him to get me going everyday. I mean I can deal with the "college" like meals. But he needs his food and his shots. Thanks for listening and if you choose to reply thanks for that too. I just cant bring myself to do what "family" thinks I should I love Mister way too much. So due to that I put him before me:love::love:
Thanks again for the set of "ears":love:

Taz_Zoee
05-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry things are tough for you right now. Personally, I do not think you are crazy for feeding Mister before yourself. I'd probably do the exact same thing. And the people that don't understand that do not understand the connection you have with Mister. That's their loss.

I hope things turn around for you soon.

pomtzu
05-20-2009, 09:23 AM
No - you're not crazy, and I would do the same thing if I was in your position.

However, you can feed yourself too. Please check out angelfoodministries.com. There's no income requirements - anyone can participate - and it could help you out during this difficult time you're going thru. Hopefully things will start to look up for you soon, but in the meantime, there's no need for you to go hungry.

Keep us posted - and good luck to you and your little furkid.

happylabs
05-20-2009, 09:37 AM
No, definitely not crazy. Is the family who does not understand your love and devotion of your pet not willing to help you out or are they not able to help. I, too, am very sorry. Times are very tough right now and it is scary. There has to be resources in your area that could help you with food and even maybe some organization that could help you with Mister's needs until you get back on your feet. I wish you well...

catnapper
05-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Nope, not crazy. I myself am in the same boat. I have a choice to buy the $50 bag of cat food Pouncer needs, or pay for the dental work I need. Soooo.... my tooth hurts, but I can tolerate it til things get better (I went ot the dentist today for a temporary filling... hoping it'll last til I can get money!)

You don't want to hear what my brother said about Pouncer's surgery a couple years ago. I don't ask him how he spends money, so why does he ask me? The only way he could tell me how to spend money is when he's giving it to me. If nobody in your family is supporting you, then they sholdn't be concerned how you're spending what little you do have.

elizabethann
05-20-2009, 11:36 AM
I know the NHSPCA in Stratham are hiring. You could check them. Good luck on finding a job. I am in the midst of buying a house. If I were to lose my job, I'd be in big doo doo.

Karen
05-20-2009, 12:59 PM
You are not crazy. You, the human being, can understand what is happening, and why you are eating ramen again! Do, however, check with local churches to find a food bank. Even if they don't have dog food, they will have food for you, so you can stay healthy and keep feeding Mister! Food banks exist for just this sort of situation: people who have gotten into a rough spot and need a little help.

chocolatepuppy
05-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree with what other posters have said, there are places that will help you out. I'll keep you and Mister in my prayers, that things turn around for you.

mr.chiwawa
05-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks everyone!! Its resuring to know I'm not going crazy:p
As for "family" helping me they refuse to unless I get rid of Mister and where that isn't an option in my book then the answer is no. :mad::(
I should be ok I had an interveiw today with a company and another with a different company on friday. It's just the waiting game that is frustrating.
As for human food..I have a good friend who has a furkid and she brought some stuff over for me. Thanks again for all the thoughts and good wishes..Mister says hi and we both send our love back to you guys:love::love::D

Daisy and Delilah
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Crazy? Absolutely not!! To me, that's the way we should all live. Granted, I hope you get to eat too but in the face of hardship, I would never consider rehoming my girls or not feeding them first. You are totally normal. I hope things start to get better for you soon.:)