PDA

View Full Version : Ellie-Mae getting her dental tomorrow...

carole
05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Please keep my sweet little girl in your thoughts, tomorrow all going well, if her mouth has healed enough, she will be getting her dental, i know for sure who is more nervous, ME,luckily Ellie has no idea,she is a very highly stressed little kitty at the best of times, so i find it hard putting her through this, but i know it is for her well being and for the best.

We will be taking her at 7.45 am tomorrow morning, before my husband goes to work,so it is going to be hard not feeding any of the kitties until later, i am an early riser and usually they eat about 6.30 to 6.45, i don't think it will be fair to feed them and not her,and i don't want to isolate her as she will know something is happening then, i guess they will survive, i will put Ellie in her carrier and then feed them all before leaving.

Oh does anyone ever tell you being a furbaby mum is so stressful, i thought it was bad enough with the children, but i think it is worse with the furbabies, lol, i could not sleep well last night worrying myself,i guess last dental we had was Ash, and we were told the sad news of his kidney failure and that his life was limited, it was hard and i don't want to hear any more bad news regarding Ellie for sure, she is only nine years old approx.,so has a long time left.

So all positive thoughts,prayers, whatever you can offer will be much appreciated, thanks in advance from me and Ellie-Mae.:)for those who don't know my kitty she is the one on the left in my siggy, with almost complete white front she is a calico girl.

Zippy
05-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Thoughts and Prayers coming your and Ellie-Mae's way.
I understand how worried you are I was too.About 5 months ago my Zippy(who is the same age as Ellie-Mae)had her dental.She came out great.

phesina
05-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Prayers and good wishes for Ellie Mae that her dental treatment goes well, and also for her loving Meowmie Carole!

I lit a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=8413189

Moesha
05-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Make sure to let us know how things go.

carole
05-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks, you are all very kind, yes well you never know what they are going to find or say do you? fingers and all paws crossed she comes through with flying colours,poor wee girl such a traumatic experience for her, she was all snuggled up to me on the couch this morning, i was giving her lots of pats, and re-assuring her all will be well, not that she has a clue what i am talking about lol,yep i can feel my stomach getting butterflies just writing this.

Will let you know how it all went.:)

Oh Thank you so much phesina, what a thoughtful person you are, much appreciated.

Zippy
05-20-2009, 12:14 AM
How's Ellie-Mae?

caseysmom
05-20-2009, 08:29 AM
How is Ellie Mae? I hope everthing went well, I don't know what time it is for you but please update us soon.

carole
05-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I am confused i posted an update here but cannot see it,(ellie had two back molars removed as there were little pockets that were filling up with bacteria causing her problems, so best to get rid of them,and a scale and polish ) oh well to fill you all in Ellie did not bounce back well from the dental and the next day was sneezing and had very weepy eye, i rang the vet, they wanted to see her ,so off we went last night, poor wee girl has got the cat flu, and YES I DO VACCINATE all my cats, but she wasn't before i rescued her and he said often they can be carriers and when the body is under stress due to her gum problem and the dental it can set in, so she is indeed quite miserable,eating well though,but wish she would drink more, however he said she was not de-hydrated, gave her another pain relief injection and some ointment conoptal for her eyes,to prevent any bacteria infection arising.

She is a tad better today, but not much, keeping her warm and cosy, and taking real good care of her, i can commiserate with her as i have a jolly nasty virus myself and feeling rather unwell, but my poor girl is worse off than me,hoping she improves daily.

I am hoping none of the other cats can get it, they are all vaccinated and Ash and lexie just had theirs done about month ago, but with Ash having the kidney failure i am concerned his immune system will be low and he may pick it up, but i am sure they all will be ok, just have to concentrate on Ellie right now and get her better.

Thanks for caring ,. keep those positive thoughts and vibes going please and hope she is back to her fiesty old self soon.

carole
05-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Ellie is not improving, but not getting any worse, i am concerned about her not drinking, i will be giving her water via syringe in her mouth as gently as i can today, i am worried my other kitties will get the flu too, but i cannot possibly isolate ellie, she needs to stay in the lounge where the heater is on to keep her warm.

Still eating, but not as much as before, please keep those prayers going, i am really worried for my little girl,

she knows i am helping her, i can tell by how she reacts to me, she is normally quite a loner kitty, but last night she jumped up twice to sit with us on the couch, she is liking the human comfort i think.

phesina
05-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Prayers continuing for Ellie Mae... good, loving, warm thoughts and healing energies are being sent..

carole
05-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Thank you so much Pheshina,Ellie is much the same today, however she is eating ok and i managed to give her a little water, and she was very opposed to that, however she did a huge pee in her litter box, so she certainly cannot be de-hydrated, which was my main concern.

I have let her out to sun herself on the verandah which she is doing right now, she has been inside for over three days, and my cats are not used to that being indoor/outdoor kitties which is the norm in NZ,however they are always used to being in overnight,she has been really good considering.

I think she might be a little better today, but it is hard to tell, worried about Ash he has been sneezing a bit, but then he does that periodically on and off and is often off his food, due to his kidney failure,it was so cute today, ellie and Ash are not friends by any means, but she purposely moved from one end the verandah to be right beside him,not that i really wanted her to get to near him, but it was like she wanted his company.

Anyhow i am much better myself today, so that is good, now just have to give my girl a chance to pick up, i am sure she will soon.