PDA

View Full Version : A little UPDATE & PICTURES of NINO (UPDATE POST #22)

rg_girlca
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Well this guy is coming around just a little bit. When I go into the room he will jump off the bed and start rubbing on my legs and will let me pet him for like a minute or so, before he starts to growl and then when I go to walk pass him, he will hiss. *SIGH* BUT, he seems to really like my son. Nino will literally throw himself up against my sons leg and give headbumpies. My son also can pet him for about 3 minutes without any growling or hissing from Nino. Soooooo, my son cleaned up his room and when he comes back home from picking up his girlfriend, we are going to put Nino in his room, in hopes it will stress him out less.

Here are some pictures I took of him while laying on my bed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures453.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures459.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures458.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures457.jpg

I love these last 2 of him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures421.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures462.jpg

Moesha
05-16-2009, 04:33 PM
I am glad to hear that he seems to be coming around slowly. Hopefully the growling and hissing will stop all together very soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures. He is a beautiful boy.

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
WOW!!!:D He's gorgeous.:) I'm glad that he seems to like your son and hopefully he'll do well in your sons room. Good luck.:)

jenluckenbach
05-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I repeat what I've said before....

OMG !

How gorgeous is he!??!

Prairie Purrs
05-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh, my! If I were that beautiful, I might have a bit of a diva attitude, too. :D

Thank you again for all you're doing for Nino. I'm sure he appreciates it, despite the hisses.

cassiesmom
05-16-2009, 09:00 PM
He's beautiful. I hope he will continue to do well.

katladyd
05-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Nino is one striking cat!! Just how beautiful can one boy get! I'm glad he has taken to your son. That is the first step.

Medusa
05-17-2009, 06:35 AM
He really is outstanding. I hope that he continues to warm up to you so that you can enjoy each other.

catmandu
05-17-2009, 08:03 AM
I wonder what sort of life Nino had before you, and maybe thats why hes so scared and defensive, and uses growwwls to feel secure.
Considering the lies that person used to get you to take Nino, I would say that his life was probably not good.:(
He may have been a Beloved Kitten who had worn out his welcome, through no fault of his own.
Thank You for helping that Handsome Fellow!!!
:love:

phesina
05-17-2009, 09:39 AM
What a GORGEOUS cat! And how great is that, that he likes your son and can make your son's room his room!

Vermontcat
05-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I've been waiting for you to post some new photos of Nino.:)
He is so handsome and he looks very comfortable on your bed.
Does he still growl if the other cats get too close?
Do the foster kittens upset him too or just the older cats?
How does he like your dog Buddy? Is he dog friendly if not cat friendly?

I'm still waiting to hear back from the shelter.
I will check back with them on Tuesday to see when that other volunteer comes in.
Do you have other people interested in adopting him yet?
Is your son looking for a new cat since Nino seems to like him so much?
Check your PM's.:)

rg_girlca
05-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I wonder what sort of life Nino had before you, and maybe thats why hes so scared and defensive, and uses growwwls to feel secure. Considering the lies that person used to get you to take Nino, I would say that his life was probably not good.:( He may have been a Beloved Kitten who had worn out his welcome, through no fault of his own.
Thank You for helping that Handsome Fellow!!!
:love:

Gary, the more I have spoken with this woman, the more I understood her decision. I could clearly see that she did love her cat and how he loved her, with the way he would look up at her when she was crying and rubbed up against her chin. I really don't want to divulge to much about her, but lets just say that she has recently separated from an abusive marriage (alcoholic husband) and for unknown reasons to me, had to change her job and only has a part time one for the moment. So who knows what Nino has witnessed or has gone through. That's why I am taking my time with him.

rg_girlca
05-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I've been waiting for you to post some new photos of Nino.:)
He is so handsome and he looks very comfortable on your bed.
Does he still growl if the other cats get too close?
Do the foster kittens upset him too or just the older cats?
How does he like your dog Buddy? Is he dog friendly if not cat friendly?
Do you have other people interested in adopting him yet?
Is your son looking for a new cat since Nino seems to like him so much?

Well it didn't work out too well with Nino being in my sons room. He started to meow and meow and meow somemore around 3:30 this morning. In the end we had to transfer him back into my room around 4:30. My only guess is that he couldn't see out of the room and felt too confined, because he doesn't meow at all when he is in my room, due to the French doors.
No my son isn't looking for a new cat right now and so far I haven't had anyone else interested in Nino either.

Nino has not had any contact with the cats, kittens or the dog as he is confined in my room and yes he still growls and hisses when he sees them through the windows, but, it has eased off somewhat. Today as I was going out the door, Nino followed behind me, so I left the door opened a crack and he went nose to nose with Nugget and didn't hiss, but backed away. I will have to take it really slow with this guy.
I'll keep you updated on how things are going with him.

Catty1
05-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Well, things sound a bit more hopeful.

I had a feeling initially that this woman had something going on and felt she HAD to give up her cat. Nino giving her head bumps says tons!:love: You mentioned speaking with her. Are you updating her on Nino, or does she prefer not to be?

Prayers for her, and for Nino, and you too.

orangemm
05-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Awwww.....this guy is so adorable. You have done wonders for him. I'm sure he'll calm down when he knows he has nothing to fear.

Bless you for caring.:love:

wolf_Q
05-17-2009, 06:23 PM
I just have to say...that is one GORGEOUS cat. I hope you are able to find a good home for him.

momcat
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Nino is absolutely gorgeous, Lorraine. Thank you so much for caring enough to help him. Prayers are being prayed that he will soon respond to all the love and care you're giving him. Please let us know how he's doing?

Soapets
05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
What a gorgeous boy he is! He looks "MAJESTIC"!

lvpets2002
05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
:love: WoW Nino is Adorable.. Look at those Bigg Paws.. I would say Nino is a RaggMuffin kitty.. great pics thanks

Vermontcat
05-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Lorraine, do you have any new updates on Nino?
I sent you a PM to let you know that the lady I though would be interested in him was able to find a brother/sister pair of Maine Coon kittens in Maine using Petfinder and she went to pick them up on Memorial Day weekend so she would not be interested in adopting him.
However, today I got a call from one of the shelter workers who still had a photo of him that I had left there saying that someone was interested in adopting a male Maine Coon and may be interested in him.
So please let me know if Nino is still looking for a new home and if you have any new updates or photos of him to post.:)

phesina
05-30-2009, 12:32 PM
What great news, and what beautiful photos of such a beautiful boy!

God bless you, Lorraine, for taking him in and allowing him to come around at this own speed. Another lovely life saved, thanks to you.

rg_girlca
05-31-2009, 12:31 AM
Thank you all for your lovely comments on Nino.:)

I'm sorry I haven't been on much, but i've been just too stressed out lately, with the sores on Mooky, Willy peeing 2-3 times a day, even though he is doing much better on the medication and Poppy starting to pee also because he can't sleep with me at night. Thankfully though he doesn't do it on a daily basis. But most of all, my Buddy, who is 16 years old, is starting to have more bad days than good days, so it's just a matter of time as to when we have to make that dreadful decision, we all hate to make.

I'm happy to say that Nino has being doing much better this past week. He doesn't hiss or growl anymore at me or at the cats when he sees them through the window panes. In fact, he has become a real lovebug. The minute I walk into the room, he just bunts up against me and wants lovies. Today was the first time I picked him up and he just loved it. He gave me quite the headbump and was doing happy feet on my shoulders.
I put up the trellis again between the doors to see how he would do this time with smelling the cats and he didn't hiss or growl at all at them, just backed away a bit and sat to observe them. There was Nugget, Willy, Poppy & Lindy Lou. I left the trellis up for about an hour and all cats just went and layed down to sleep. So, I'm happy about this progress. I think Nino might do okay with a family who has 1 or 2 cats, not with a herd like mine. He was just too overwhelmed with my 6, plus the 2 foster babies.

Vermontcat, I want to thank you again in your efforts in finding a home for Nino, I really appreciate it. Check your PM's.

blue
05-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Im glad he is coming around. Every cat Ive had is a silver.

smokey the elder
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
That is one stunning cat!