PDA

View Full Version : My kitties' turn to go to the vet's office

Moesha
05-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I had 5 kitties and a dog that are due for shots. I was able to get 3 of them to go in this afternoon. I took Jane, Lemon and Juliet for their checkups. Everyone got a good report with the exception of Juliet. I had noticed a sore on her head yesterday. The doctor looked at it and said that it is some kind of allergic reaction. What is funny is that my brother's kitty Tom Cooter had the exact same thing earlier this week. They live no where near each other. It is very odd. Cooter had his sore tested to make sure it wasn't cancer. All came back negative, and my sister-in-law said that the depo-medrol shot in his bum has helped a lot. He's doing much better. I hope that Julie's head will be better in a couple days as well. Juliet's heart murmur has not gotten any worse since her last visit, still stage 1.

They were all between 7 and 8 pounds. My little kitties. Aroara, the other girl, is around 9 pounds, and the boys are all big!

I also purchased 6 Frontline doses for the kitties. My total bill was $216.69, but that included a $25 discount. I just noticed though that they charged me $5 for deworming Juliet, but she wasn't dewormed. They are closed now, and I hate to make a big deal about $5, but I think I'm going to have to call them in the morning. GRRR!

Taz_Zoee
05-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Awww, I hope Juliets sore heals up quickly. :)

Medusa
05-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Allergies can be so itchy and I hope that the sore heals quickly. :)

Moesha
05-16-2009, 07:51 AM
That is the odd thing, neither Cooter nor Juliet seemed bothered by the spot in the least. They don't scratch at it at all.

catmandu
05-16-2009, 09:37 AM
We are sending prayers for Juliet and Copter that alls well, and these spots are just one of the odd things that happen to Our Ctas once in a while with no real reason, just to keep us on our toes!!!

:love::love::cool::):D

Randi
05-16-2009, 09:50 AM
I hope Juliet's sore will heal up and just disspear. Glad to hear it isn't bothering her. :) Also glad to hear the others had a fine check-up. :)

Medusa
05-16-2009, 11:59 AM
That is the odd thing, neither Cooter nor Juliet seemed bothered by the spot in the least. They don't scratch at it at all.

Hmmm, that is odd. I know you'll let us know what's up. :)

rg_girlca
05-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm glad to hear that Jane, Lemon & Juliet got a good report, but sorry to hear of Julitet's sore. Also praying that it isn't anything serious and it heals up very soon. That's great news that Juliet's heart murmur is stable.

In regards to the $5.00, it's not the amount that counts, it's the fact that you were charged for a procedure that wasn't even done.