PDA

View Full Version : Dogs on Highway

elizabethann
05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Did you see or hear about this? Amazing. The NYPD and the vets are awesome. One dog is home and one is getting treatment.

Warning, the video may be sad for some. But the ending is not sad. Read the story and you will understand.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=resources/traffic&id=6812473

It amazes me what dogs will do for eachother and for their owners.

Taz_Zoee
05-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Awwww, that is awesome!! I thought it was that other video that actually showed the dog get hit by a car. But that was in Mexico or somewhere outside the US, I think.

I'm so glad the dog that was hit is getting care and that the other dog is back home. I love happy endings. Now I just hope that owner tightens security on the house. :)

chocolatepuppy
05-14-2009, 08:50 PM
What an amazing story and thank goodness one with a happy ending.:)

paulana
05-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Lovely story:D Each time I see a story like this one, I can't help feeling some sadness for the way people treat the animals here in Portugal. For instance when a dog gets hit by a car, he just stays there, police doesn't care:mad: Neither do most of the people. If he's dead the body just stays on the road...:( you know:(

lizbud
05-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I am so glad the injured dog is getting treatment & her son was taken
into custody. I love happy endings.:)

This reminds me to mail in that donation to ASPCA.:)

lovedogs
05-31-2009, 01:04 AM
this morning i looked out the window and saw norwegian elk hound of neigbhor #1 running loose. neigbhor #2 shooed it out of her yard. i yelled and asked, why dont you grab its collar. she said, i am not going to touch it. i walked over, grabbed its collar and took it into my yard and house to get a dog leash.. neigbhor #3 looked over and said, oh, you are going to keep another dog? (meaning i have too many)as i now have 4 dogs, just got 2 security dogs.....i got the leash, walked dog home to neigbhor #1 and told neigbhor #3, dog is an expensive show dog and lives in the house directly in front of you...he looked surprised and also did not care. he said that dog and a german sheperd were running down the main road.(i had a dog run over on this main road)...i returned the dog, turns out they also own the sheperd.
..wish people would contain their dogs....
my friend owned a very muscular, almost full grown pit bull puppy. he lived in the country. one day people drove by, threw out a top ramen cup IN FRONT OF THE CAR...yes, you know the ending.....that muscular dog ran so fast, he reached for the cup before the car ran over the cup and also him.