PDA

View Full Version : ZippyKat starts her new job!

gini
09-26-2002, 07:40 PM
After receiving some training, Tonya starts her new job.

We all know that Miz Sophie is really going to miss her!

Anyone want to add some good wishes to this thread?

GOOD LUCK TONYA, WE LOVE YOU!

Freckles
09-26-2002, 07:41 PM
tell us more!!

lizbud
09-26-2002, 07:49 PM
BEST OF LUCK ZIPPY

Hope all goes well with your new job..

((((( HUGS )))) :)

AmberLee
09-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Good luck and best wishes! Holding you in our thoughts and prayers here. You'll do great. {{{hugs}}}

Cinder & Smoke
09-26-2002, 08:54 PM
Ten hour days ~
But that also means THREE days OFF for Pet Talkin! :)

H A P P I E
New *j-o-b* ~
Zippy-Kat !!! :D
{{{Huggz}}}

We're all gonna *miss* ya on <uggh> Werk Dayz :(!
Kan ya hook up wiff Pet Talk onna Dispatch Skreene? :rolleyes:

For those that don't know...
Our Miss Zippy-Kat was hired by her Home Towne (Hobbs, New Mexico) as a 9-1-1 Center (Police, Fire, and EMS) Call-Taker and Dispatcher. :D

She starts (tonight, we think??) an extensive training program to be followed by hands-on O-J-T.

Wish her the Best of Luck in this exciting and very rewarding career! The pay <sukz>; but the feeling you get from being able to Help folks in need is (sometimes) reward enough.

As a firefighter, I've had a lot of exposure to 9-1-1 Dispatchers - They are a VITAL resource who most citizens take for granted and are rarely appreciated :( for what they do.

The Smoke Eaters, Coppers, and Medics in Hobbs are lucky to be getting our Favorite Bunnie Mom - Hope they appreciate :) her talents!

GOOD LUCK, Zippy!! :D

/s/ Phred

jackiesdaisy1935
09-26-2002, 09:41 PM
WOW Tonya what a neat job, of course all of our good wishes go to you on your first day. I know you will do wonderful. Good Luck and God Speed.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

delidog
09-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Congratulations and good luck Zippy!!!!!
keep us updated in your spare time!!!!

zippy-kat
09-26-2002, 09:58 PM
THANKS GUYS!!!!

I'm feeling a bit green right now.... if only my nerves would calm down!!!

THANKS for the support!!

Cinder & Smoke
09-26-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I'm feeling a bit green :p right now....
if only my nerves would calm down!!!

Yer gonna do jest FINE, Zipps! :D

Course ya mite be the onlee Gurl inna Center carryin a *barfey bag* stedda a purse...
But who'z gonna notice? :D :rolleyes:

DAD!
OMG! Did he reelee SAY that!? :eek:

Karen
09-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Hey, I bet no other 9-1-1 personnel in New Mexico would know to administer parsley to a cranky bunny in an emergency - so you're one up on the competition! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-26-2002, 11:23 PM
Congratulations Tonya!!! Good luck on the new job! I certainly don't envy the new-job-jitters ;) but I'm sure you'll do just fine. :) I know you'll have long days, but be sure not to forget us PT'ers here. And Karen has a good point - who else to best talk someone through the emergency dispension of parsley. :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Good Luck and Congrats On Your New Job Tonya!!! I'm sure you'll do well. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-26-2002, 11:42 PM
YAY TONYA!!!!!
Were rootin for ya down here!!!!
I know you are gonna do great... you'll get over those new job jitters soon enough... we are prayin for ya and Tinky and Jupiter send some kitty kisses and some purries for you!!!! (as long as Mizz. Sophie approves) ;)

Miss Meow
09-26-2002, 11:54 PM
Good luck Tonya, all the best for your new job - how exciting!

shais_mom
09-27-2002, 01:28 AM
ditto Tonya!!!
Good luck and I wanna hear all about it asap!!!

lynnestankard
09-27-2002, 04:13 AM
GOOD LUCK TONYA!

Hope the butterflies in the tummy calm down a little and allow you to 'enjoy' the new job! Fingers, paws and tails crossed over here. Are they aware they've got the greatest P.O.P.* working for them?!! (*Provider Of Parsley) ! ! !

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Lynne

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-27-2002, 06:39 AM
Best of Luck to you, Tonya! Let us know how it goes!

Logan
09-27-2002, 07:39 AM
Tonya, I certainly have you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure that the job will be demanding, but if anyone can handle it, it will be you!!! :D

Good luck!

anna_66
09-27-2002, 07:56 AM
!GOOD LUCK TONYA!

We know your gonna do just fine at your new job! Let us know how it goes!!!

tatsxxx11
09-27-2002, 08:41 AM
Good Luck in your exciting new career, Tonya!!! TRY not to be nervous! Easy to say, huh?? I know you're going to do one terrific job and before long you'll be "dispatching" like a pro! And what an important job it is too.:) Good luck, have fun and enjoy it! Love ya lots! Sandra

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2002, 09:03 AM
Oh, oh how WONDERFUL ZippyKat. I am so excited for you. And what a great job from which to gather material for writing stories! Stories about rescues -- firefighters, police, EMT's -- very popular right now!

Congratulations and remember....everyone had a first day!

Randi
09-27-2002, 09:13 AM
Congrats on your new job Zippykat - you can do it! :D Good luck!

moosmom
09-27-2002, 10:33 AM
WOOHOO ZIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW JOB!!!!!

Daisylover
09-27-2002, 11:15 AM
9-1-1 huh? Congratulations on the new job.....let us know how it goes. ;)

Now that you are working and leaving poor, lonely Ms. Sophie at home ALONE....maybe it's time she finds herself a husband!!! :D :D :D

Daisylover
09-27-2002, 11:18 AM
Karen,

LOL!!!!!! " Administer parsley to a cranky bunny" indeed!!!! You are so funny!!! :D :D :D

lovemymaltese
09-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Best of luck, I hope you enjoy it!

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2002, 10:16 PM
:)Zippy made it through her First Nite...

An that's about all she said...
'Cept she wuz headin fur da BigBed.

And by now, she's back at the Center for Nite #2!

Sunday is supposed to be her day OFF - so when she recovers from tonight - we may hear from her sometime tomorrow.

Guess even for a :cool: Nite-Owl - a straight 10 hours ALL Nite :eek: is a tuffie!

Here's hopin we see sum Zippy Tails soon!

Hang in there, Tonya!;)

RockyRoad
09-28-2002, 10:38 PM
Hehe, hope Miz Sophie isn't too depressed without Tonya! Good luck on your new (or not-so-new) job, Zippy!! Don't forget us here on Pet Talk!!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2002, 11:07 PM
A BIG CONGRATS on the new job, Zippy. It would be staying awake all night that would do me in. YAWN! But then, staying up past 10 is a big feat for me. As for first day jitters; when I started working for the insurance co, lo those many many years ago, I threw up for three hours straight before I got there. Then I was fine. Talk about barf bag! Give MIZ SOPHIE a hug when you get the time.:D

gini
09-29-2002, 12:01 AM
Sleep tight dear Tonya, 10 hours straight - it hasn't been this bad since you crammed for an exam in college.

All of us are thinking about you and wishing you well. Your experience will be something all of us will want to hear about.

But rest now....................XXOO

Gini and the Rascal man.

TheAntiPam
09-29-2002, 12:18 AM
There once was a dispatch named Zippy
who sent some fine medics on a trippy.
The sirens they blared,
as the parsley they shared,
and a bunny was saved! Yay and Yippeeeeee!

---------------

Ok, so you're going to save peoples instead of buns - you'll do great! Best wishes with all the training. Hurray For Tonya!

Albea
09-29-2002, 10:40 AM
I'm a bit late but still: Congratulations and best wishes in your new job Tonya. It seems like very fitting work for somebody as caring as you are.

Rachel
09-29-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Albea
Congratulations and best wishes in your new job Tonya. It seems like very fitting work for somebody as caring as you are.

I couldn't have said it better, although I have to add conscientious, dedicated, and creative to that. Zip, you got what it takes. Trust your instincts.

ChrisH
09-29-2002, 12:39 PM
I am late too but.... Congratulations and Good Luck.... Hope all is going well and you are enjoying.

gini
10-01-2002, 10:30 PM
How ya doin in the new job Tonya. And what does Miz Sophie have to say about it?

Sure isn't the same around here without you!

Sudilar
10-01-2002, 10:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on your new job!! Waiting for an up-date. Hope you're liking it!

gini
10-03-2002, 07:42 PM
We haven't heard from our Miz ZippyKat........maybe we should call 911 ourselves!!!

Cinder & Smoke
10-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Dad has had a couple *short* e-mails from Missy Tonya...

Both said her problem was a major lack of *SLEEeeeep...* :(

She's prolly sufferin the same way Dad duz when we get a Dark:Thirty Fiur Call ~

Adrenaline starts pumpin and keeps ya alert and psyched up - then when it's tyme fur bed - yer STILL psyched up :mad: an can't get to sleep!

Dad iz a reel pain when he getz home frum a late call - flippin an floppin all ober our BigBed - nunbuddie getz ennie sleep. Summtymes he eben turnz on da TV - eber try ta *sleep* wiff a typical late-nite (urlee-mornin) TV program on??

Wide-eyed an dead tired :( - tuff combination to deal with!

Let'z all do a {{{Group Hugg}}} an send it to poor Zippy!

Sure hope ya get the hang of sleepin atta rite tymes, Zipper!
Prolly a lil ruff onna Bunnie, too! Hang in there, Miz Sophie! :D

Karen
10-03-2002, 10:15 PM
Hush now Sophie, don't munch too loud
Mama's gotta find a way to sleep like a cloud
No nudging, just snuggling and wishing her to sleep
So she can be cheerier and in parsley she will keep.

Sudilar
10-03-2002, 10:29 PM
Hey, Zip!! Get some sleep!!
http://www.websmileys.de/muede10.gif

lynnestankard
10-04-2002, 04:24 AM
Group Hug comin' atcha Zippy - http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons1/circle.gif

Now we'll all tip-toe out and let you sleep...................................

Lynne

anna_66
10-04-2002, 06:25 AM
http://www.maverickreport.com/images/smilies/sleep.gifHope you can get yourself some of these Tonya! Take care.
Here's a group hug from me for ya! http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons1/circle.gif

Anna

Cinder & Smoke
10-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Here's a *Zippy-Up-Date* ~ (sorrie it's late :( ...)

Dad hadda take a Fiur Truk to the HS Foosball game last nite an we dint see her note till now. Big rainy storm durrin the game - he hadda go out an handle a kupla "tree down onna road" calls - gotz soakin wet choppin kindlin wood stedda watchin the game frum inside da Truk :p.

Zippy is trying to adjust to her new work schedule ~
In to work about 9 PM and off TEN hours later at 7 AM - means trying to keep alert when the rest of the world is sleeping... Then she gets to try to sleep during the day. Not phunn - even for a nite-owl! And WHEN do you try to EAT?? When's breakfast; lunch; dinner?? :confused:

She told us she did a "Ride Along" wiffa Coppers on - musta been Thursday nite... She rode wiffa Copper inna Patrol Kar while he wuz answerin Reel Police Calls :cool:! Hope she enjoyed the experience. They do that so the Dispatchers learn just what their Officers have to go through in the field - helps them to understand what info the field troops really need - and how Important the Dispatcher is... Good Call-Taker and Dispatcher help keep the troops safe! :)

We're hopin she gets to do a "Ride Along" wiffa Fiur Guyz an Galz, too! Onna nite when there's a reel Fiur = lottsa Citement! Wunder if they'll fit her out wiffa Fiur Coat, Boots, anna Helmut? We gotta get sumbuddie ta snap a pix wiff her standin in frunt of da Fiur Rig!! :)

Seriously, Folks ~
Zippy is under a lot of :eek: *stress* trying to ~
adjust to the new schedule;
learn all the technical details of answering emergency calls and dispatching for three different services (Fire, Police, and Emergency Medical);
and adjust to working with a large group of new people - who have to interact and with split-second precision and accuracy.

We Pet Talkers need to send her some encouraging words, offer some Prayers for Success, and maybe a few cyber {{{HUGGS}}} ;)

Hang in there, Tonya ~
It'll get better - we Promise!

Luv from All of Us!!

zippy-kat
10-05-2002, 06:47 PM
sorry to be so late in updating you guys.... thanks for all the kind words, warm thoughts, and best wishes! they mean soooo much to me!

sTrEsS?! you betcha... i've pretty much gotten use to the midnight shift but starting wednesday I go to the mornin' shift (6.30am - 4.30pm). I am NOT a morning person.... this could be interesting.... :rolleyes:

~will keep in touch~
Zippy-kat

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Tonya, hang in there. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Too bad that they're having you change shifts already. Will you always be working a swing shift? That sure would be difficult. Good luck. :) We miss you hear at Pet Talk so try to check in when you can. Thanks for the update. :)

lynnestankard
10-06-2002, 04:51 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}} FOR TONYA

Keep your chin up - you're doing a great job.
We're all rootin' for ya gal xxxx

Lynne

TheAntiPam
10-06-2002, 03:24 PM
Thinking of you today, Zippy - but quietly - in case you are trying to rest...

When I was a little girl (ack!) we learned to say a prayer every time we heard a siren - for all the people that might be in trouble or hurt, and for all the people trying to help. I know lots of people that continue with this tradition.

So remember, a little bit of the love and prayers are for YOU, Tonya every time you help someone answer the alarm!

(Phred, this goes for you too - and any of our other PetTalkers that answer the call to help!)

Restful wishes to you, Zip!

sammi
10-06-2002, 07:51 PM
Nice to hear you are doing ok. If the stress of the job isn't enough - then you need to change shifts right away. We are proud of you and know you can do a great job. Eat right and sleep tight.