PDA

View Full Version : Firefox question

Freedom
05-14-2009, 08:27 AM
In the browser line, where you put in the address . . . there is an arrow for the drop down menu.

How do I get something OFF that menu?

I've tried highlighting and deleting, next thing I know the darn site is BACK in the list!!

Thanks!

Seravieve
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
You can delete it by hovering your mouse over it and hitting the Delete key. It will be deleted... but Firefox seems to search for web addresses while you're typing them in, so if you try to type it in, it will show up again.

ChrisH
05-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Try this.
Tools>Options>Privacy and untick History.

Catty1
05-14-2009, 10:09 AM
From the Firefox Help page:

First this (read the bit about Bookmarks):

Removing autocomplete results

If you want to remove an entry from the autocomplete list:

1. Select the entry in the Location bar with the arrow keys or the mouse pointer
2. Press DeleteShift+Delete to remove the item from the list.

If you want to remove all the history results from the autocomplete list, clear Firefox's Browsing History. See the Clearing private data article for instructions.
3.0:
Note: Autocomplete items from bookmarks will not be removed from the results if you attempt to delete them or clear the browsing history. These items have a star. To remove these items, delete the associated bookmark.

Clearing form history

If you want Firefox to forget all of your previous form entries:

1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Private Data.... A dialog box will appear.
2. In the dialog box, make sure only Saved Form and Search History is check marked.
3. Click Clear Private Data Now. The dialog box will disappear and your form history will be erased.

Prevent Firefox from storing form entries

If you don't want Firefox to remember what you've entered into form fields, you can turn off the auto form fill feature:

1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the ToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select Options...Preferences....
2. Select the Privacy panel.
3. Remove the check mark from the box that says Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar.
4. Click OK to close the Options windowClick Close to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window.

Disabling form history also prevents Firefox from storing search history for the Search bar in the Navigation Toolbar.

Freedom
05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
thanks!!

Moesha
05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Thank you for asking that Freedom and for the answer Catty! I have some websites listed there that I haven't gone to in months.