PDA

View Full Version : Great To Be Alive Thursday #316

RICHARD
05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I have some grand idea that it's good to be alive today, Even with all the problems in the world, ours don't seem that bad.

So, it's an open bar-with eternal optimism on tap?:)

DONE!

aTailOf2Kitties
05-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I'll drink to that! :)

Grace
05-13-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll drink to that! :)

And so will I !!

How about a Harvey Wallbanger today http://www.thatsthespirit.ca/en/images/harvey_wallbanger.jpg

RedHedd
05-13-2009, 06:21 PM
And now I've got that old disco beat "Stayin' Alive" in my head! Everybody DANCE!

Harvey Wallbangers .... don't encourage Orc! He WILL start banging the walls!

I'll have a regular iced tea for now.

davidpizzica
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
RICHARD, it IS good to be alive and in my case starting tomorrow I'll be able to sleep alot better. I'm geting my BIPAP breathing machine! C'mon Orc, no lullabys. You can't sing! I'll take a decaf coffee with Bailey's in it, please?

cassiesmom
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I'd like to toast it with green tea, please :)

Bella_Sadie_Hailey
05-13-2009, 08:43 PM
I'll go with a starbucks coffee please?:D

Pinot's Mom
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh my goodness, a Harvey Wallbanger...and I even know what that is!! Wow! OK-that dates me.

I'll take the green tea, with a shot of something, surprise me barkeep. :D

RICHARD
05-13-2009, 09:55 PM
I'll go with a starbucks coffee please?:D

Welcome to our weekly insanity! A Starbucks?
DONE!
I'll get you the official 'rules' of the thread later on.
But everyone has to tell one clean joke as the price of membership! :)

CM,
One green tea?
DONE!

David,
One coffee w/Bailey's?
DONE !

REDD,
One tea for you!
DONE !

TO2K and Grace,

HWBs?

DONE !

DJFyrewolf36
05-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey guys! Please tell me its sunny at the bar cuzz it is rainy over here!!! I'll take whatevers on tap and some nice warm soup...isn't it supposed to be spring? :confused:

Karen
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Here, have some nice, hot soup - I brought enough to share, okay? It's good homemade chicken soup, plenty of carrots and celery and real chicken and I so miss it in the real world!

And don't worry, the weather is always perfect here at Thursday's!

Medusa
05-14-2009, 05:05 AM
I'll take whatever is on hand to warm me up and get me out of this funk. It's cold and rainy here and the work on my house has come to a virtual stand still because my construction guy over promised and under delivered. There are worse things to complain about but I was hoping to have everything done by the time my son comes in on Sunday. So, make it a strong one, whatever it is! :rolleyes:

pomtzu
05-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, it is great to be alive, considering that I have cheated death on several occasions. And today I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff - like how my son made some adjustments to the landscaping yesterday with his new chain saw. :mad:

Coffee will work for now, but I may check in later for something with a little more kick. :)

Pinot's Mom
05-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Orc, you never brought my drink! Well, coffee for this morning and I as well will check in later for something with a kick.

Mary, it's a rule of contractors, having been through a few in life, that they NEVER deliver WHAT they promise WHEN they promise, or sometimes not at all! Good luck!! ;)

aTailOf2Kitties
05-14-2009, 07:45 AM
I need a sunshine chaser please. Rainy and dreary here today.

happylabs
05-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Well, I missed this post yesterday. Are you still partying and can I still get a drink? It is raining here in Pennsylvania today but that is not a bad thing. My car will get the dirt washed off of it.

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-14-2009, 07:53 AM
I could use a sunshine chaser as well, rainy and windy here. Though yesterday started with frost on the lawn it turned out to be a really nice day, but the thing is I want several in a row not just one here and one there. I'd like a nice hot toddy to warm me up, please.

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Well, I missed this post yesterday. Are you still partying and can I still get a drink? It is raining here in Pennsylvania today but that is not a bad thing. My car will get the dirt washed off of it.

Yeah happylabs, you can still get a drink we party all weekend and sometimes all week here at Thursday's. Just let our illustrious bartender know what you want.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm extra glad to be here since a tornado went just south of our town last night. It was headed right for us but turned just in time. There were some tree limbs down, power lines and some grain elevators but nothing major. I AM SO SICK OF ALL THESE STORMS! :(
This has been the worst spring ever!!!

I'd love a super duper cherry vanilla coke and 3 jumbo cat nip teas, please?
My babies were so good last night. Chester was the only one who hid under the bed. ;)

lvpets2002
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
:) Oh I will have some of Karen's Chick Soup.. Orc can you go to the store & get some Crackers.. Get the bit size.. No No dont feed them all to the birds when you pass the park.. Also Orc what happened to Pinot's Mom Drink.. Well if you drank it then you need to get her another one..Ummppss:p
Here, have some nice, hot soup - I brought enough to share, okay? It's good homemade chicken soup, plenty of carrots and celery and real chicken and I so miss it in the real world!

And don't worry, the weather is always perfect here at Thursday's!

happylabs
05-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah happylabs, you can still get a drink we party all weekend and sometimes all week here at Thursday's. Just let our illustrious bartender know what you want.:D

Yeah!!! Thank you...thank you. I need something to get me through this afternoon of boredom at work! Something not too strong but that will perk me up. Any suggestions? :)

pomtzu
05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
OK barkeep - a round of drinks for all in celebration of my "paid in full" car. I just have to share my joy with everyone.
And celebrating that it's just great to be alive - and celebrating that the sun is shining after a gloomy looking morning, and I could bore you all with more, but I won't.
However, I noticed a weird smell - thought maybe Orc needed a bath??? :eek: Then I realized that the farmers around here are fertilizing the fields and the wind is blowing that distinct aroma this way. Celebrating Spring???:D:D:D

happylabs
05-14-2009, 02:29 PM
OK barkeep - a round of drinks for all in celebration of my "paid in full" car. I just have to share my joy with everyone.
And celebrating that it's just great to be alive - and celebrating that the sun is shining after a gloomy looking morning, and I could bore you all with more, but I won't.
However, I noticed a weird smell - thought maybe Orc needed a bath??? :eek: Then I realized that the farmers around here are fertilizing the fields and the wind is blowing that distinct aroma this way. Celebrating Spring???:D:D:D

Yah Spring!!! I can relate to the fertilizing thing. I have Amish neighbors. P.U. :D Why do they always fertilize when the weather is nice and I want to open my windows?!? Whatever the Amish use, it is way worse than any manure I have ever smelled too! (I need a green smiley with a nauseous look on its face.)

Grace
05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
(I need a green smiley with a nauseous look on its face.)

Would either of these work?

http://bestsmileys.com/sick/9.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/sick/7.gif

Moesha
05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I've been singing "It's a great day to be alive..." ALL MORNING! I guess it isn't as bad as "You ain't never had a friend like me" from Aladdin that I had stuck in my head yesterday, but it isn't fun!

smokey the elder
05-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Don't you just hate earworms? Maybe a mojito will drive it away! I know I sure could use one.:D

Pinot's Mom
05-14-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm with you on the Mojito!! It is great to be alive, the last two days at work were - let's just say not the best - but they're OVER! A round of Mojitos would do a world of good - with possibly some Guacamole dip and Pita Crisps. Orc, don't give me any grief, I know they're all not from the same part of the world! I'm in a mood, OK?? You didn't get me my last drink! :p

RICHARD
05-14-2009, 07:20 PM
I am here. I just typed a message, then deleted it because I am too impatient.
Can I give you all a general 'DONE'! :cool:

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-15-2009, 06:29 AM
I guess that means your still having computer problems, eh Richard:(
I need something chocolate right now. Maybe some of LH's homemade brownies. Oh and BTW, let's not forget that Saturday is LH's Birthday. I'm going to make him a cake.:p

RICHARD
05-15-2009, 09:51 AM
I guess that means your still having computer problems, eh Richard:(
I need something chocolate right now. Maybe some of LH's homemade brownies. Oh and BTW, let's not forget that Saturday is LH's Birthday. I'm going to make him a cake.:p

I should be back on line by the end of next week. I have to post via a Playstation controller, one letter at a time. If anything, I have learned patience!
Chocolate......how's about a fruit plate w/a side of melted chocolate ?
DONE?

What flavor of virtual cake can we whip up?

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-15-2009, 09:58 AM
The fruit and chocolate sounds good. Maybe some cut up bits of pound cake too, mmmm. Just like fondue.

He's a big fan or chocolate and cherries. But I think just about anything will be good.;)

happylabs
05-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I should be back on line by the end of next week. I have to post via a Playstation controller, one letter at a time. If anything, I have learned patience!
Chocolate......how's about a fruit plate w/a side of melted chocolate ?
DONE?

What flavor of virtual cake can we whip up?

Ohhh that would drive me nuts...one letter at a time.

Chocolate fruit plate sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Does anyone like coconut? How about a white coconut cake with coconut frosting?

gini
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Coconut cake with coconut frosting? Forgive me if I drool. Does it have a cream filling too?

Richard, let me help you out until you get things straightened out.

LH - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - a bit early - but why not?

Pinot's Mom
05-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I'll go for the coconut cake, but I don't think it matches a mojito at all! :)

happylabs
05-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I'll go for the coconut cake, but I don't think it matches a mojito at all! :)

Hmmm...I could add a little green food coloring to the batter. :D

happylabs
05-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Coconut cake with coconut frosting? Forgive me if I drool. Does it have a cream filling too?

Richard, let me help you out until you get things straightened out.

LH - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - a bit early - but why not?

Oh my yes...what would coconut cake be without the cream cheese filling?!? :)

lvpets2002
05-15-2009, 12:38 PM
:) Oh this sounds so yummy.. Could we put a few pecans on the iceing all around the cake please..
Oh my yes...what would coconut cake be without the cream cheese filling?!? :)

joycenalex
05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
may i have a fat tire please? i've been doing yard work....feels so good!:D

RICHARD
05-15-2009, 11:57 PM
may i have a fat tire please? i've been doing yard work....feels so good!:D

Oh shoot, ya got me on THAT one, where do I start? :o

How's about a choco cake, c cheese frosting and coconut on top?

Done!

Thanks for the assist, ms.G!

happylabs
05-16-2009, 12:00 AM
:) Oh this sounds so yummy.. Could we put a few pecans on the iceing all around the cake please..

Oh yes...pecans sound wonderful! :)

joycenalex
05-16-2009, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=RICHARD;2151113]Oh shoot, ya got me on THAT one, where do I start? :o

....well i'm going back outside to attack weeds again, so how bout a big cold bottle of water and an iced tea/lemonaid...aka arnie palmer? ;)

Medusa
05-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Ok, I'm feeling better now. I don't even care that work on my house has come to a stand still. The Boy is coming home tomorrow and it truly is great to be alive. I'll have what everyone else is having; that's the good mood I'm in. :):D

RICHARD
05-17-2009, 01:56 PM
A giant pitcher of HWBs, a Happy B-day to LH, Cake for everyone and a restful Sunday!
DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Happy Birthday LH! Whoooo hoooo! I made him a Chocolate cake with cherry pie filling for icing between the layers and on top. mmmm. I'm not usually a fan of cherry anything (except for maybe pie) but it came out good.

How's about some pancakes with blueberry sauce and whipped cream.

DONE?:D

Karen
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Blueberry pancakes for sure! :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Absolutely Karen, any other takers?

RICHARD
05-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Absolutely Karen, any other takers?

I'll bite! A nd clear the table, too! THANKS! ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Absolutely Karen, any other takers?Well, I would, but I am a bit concerned that the birthday boy is not first in the queue. I feel it's not a good advert. ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Don't worry he won't mind. I think he'd be more upset if it got wasted so help yourself!:D