PDA

View Full Version : A Question

MonicanHonda
05-13-2009, 01:53 PM
So on another forum, they suggested not feeding Remy TOTW because it's an all life stages brand and there is too much calcium or something. But I swear before that they said it was a great food. I know it's good for adults... but what do you guys think of it for Remy. She's five months old now and been on it for at least a month. She's doing good on it. I've switched her food three times already and don't really want to switch it on her again. I believe I bought her the buffalo kind.

lvpets2002
05-13-2009, 03:36 PM
:) I know my Cats & Dogs love TOTW.. Now all of my babies are full grown 1 yr & over.. Is it the other forums does not think you should feed it to a puppy?? I would think with it being grain free & high in calcium & protein then that would be good.. I do know it is good food..

bckrazy
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Being that she is a Beagle... no, I wouldn't worry about it! I believe what they would be concerned about is protein levels, and although TOTW is higher than some kibbles, it is not nearly as high as other grain-free foods (like Evo & Orijen). Plus the fact is, Raw (a natural diet for all dogs of all ages) has a much higher protein level than TOTW, without the moisture. ;)

Would I be a bit cautious feeding TOTW to a Great Dane puppy? Yes, maybe. But not a Beagle puppy.

MonicanHonda
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
That's what I thought, because lrg breeds have a different need. But I had said that but the girl still said there was too much calcium in it. But then before, they were telling me it's good for her.... so I figure it's fine, it's a very good food, and I'm just going to keep her on it. Thanks for the input guys.

bckrazy
05-13-2009, 11:39 PM
As long as Remy is growing nice and slow and not being over-fed, TOTW is probably better, and contains less calcium than the average puppy food. It's puppy food that is often packed with calcium to promote super fast growth! I would never buy puppy food... it is primarily a marketing ploy.