PDA

View Full Version : Poetry..?

Kfamr
05-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Are you into it? I have been lately. Every Friday night (except the last) friends and I get together and read eachother things and it's really inspiring. I find it relaxing. We'll stay up all night without even realizing.

Please feel free to share your poetry, or writings, or random thoughts, whatever it may be. Or others, if you give them the proper credit.

Karen
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes, I "do" poetry, always have!
Tonight's offering:

Two days of July warmth in late April
Pushed the ancestral lilacs into early bloom
White and pale purple against dark green
Profuse on the hillside behind the house.
They perfume the neighborhood with heady scent
And though the cooler temperature returned
I can stand outside at night and deeply inhale
The lush promise of summer's heat to come
Of Victorian sachets and lace handkerchiefs
Of Decoration Days past, and the current spring
All present above and below the sharper smells
Of fresh-mown grass and modern life.

by me.

ramanth
05-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I enjoy poetry, but haven't read much lately. I just recently found a poem I wrote in 6th grade. I'll have to dig it out and share it. :)

ChrisH
05-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Dreams

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

- Langston Hughes

aTailOf2Kitties
05-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Composing a lim'rick a day
helps to keep the blues away.
So give it a try
and then you'll see why
I rhyme lots of things I say.

Catherinedana
05-13-2009, 11:31 AM
You are seated at the corner
of my conciousness
A thought on the periphery
Pleasant and tickling
like feathers brushing my cheek

Sage and cedar memory
warm as wool
cool as crystal

A smokey stirring breath
moving swiftly in
and
away

Catherine Costa

Kfamr
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I wrote this the other night for Nicole. For those that don't know, Nicole is my best friend who passed away last year. She left behind her daughter. Anyhow, this is her...

the smile that opened the darkest of souls able to see through all flaws and capable of making any piece of sh.t feel adequate

you lent your heart to all without passing of judgment, filled with your own personal affliction. you loved him, and her, and the next.

she has your smile. may she know.
may she know her roots as you've planted your seed to grow and flourish in your honor. may she know that the beauty is found everywhere AND within thyself. you'll let her know. you let me know. the world should know.

ill let you know, you're here for good my friend. i love you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kfamr
05-13-2009, 02:14 PM
okay this is about this girl Candace. I met her like 2 months ago. We met through this boy who screwed both of us over but I really think it was meant to be. We were made for eachother and everyone sees it. She reminds me so much of Nicole (k, here come the tears) and it's really comforting. She's helping fill the void. anyways, here it is.

this is where we are
swinging swings into the morning light
silkworm travels, journies, dancing
we spoke of him and really he's underserving of such breath
why waste such time although it has me wondering
you're the best person i've met lately, i hope we never part
THANK YOU for leading me on and then leading me to her, it was meant to be.
be together
her, and she, and i
we've become, we've grown
like trees in your favorite park we've become something so beautiful
like the birds awakening to a new day, we're here, a new life, MAKE SOMETHING OF THIS. her, and she, and i will make something of this.
there's no flowers here but you make it so beautiful
the only spot of color other than greens and browns and hues of such
pink flamingo flying ahead, there's life here. here we are, we are here.
the spider builds his web, his home, for a new day. to eat, to survive, and then later mate and create a whole new generation. like everything, someone will one day knock it down only for him to continue building. he will hold on and make something of this.
hold on and you too will see the morning light.

Willow Oak
05-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Panhandlers. Nearly every town, community, and city has them. They are a nuisance; they are bothersome; and they are a blight on the landscape. Oh that we could rid ourselves of all panhandlers!

Tyler, Texas, is a small east-Texas community about half way between Shreveport, Louisiana, and Dallas. Tyler is named after president John Tyler (#10), in recognition of his having supported Texas’ admittance into the union.

Tyler is well known for its fabulous roses, and is nicknamed the “Rose Capital of America.” One in five rose bushes shipped across the United States, originated in Tyler. Each October, Tyler hosts a unique rose festival.

There are other unique tourist attractions in and around Tyler, but Tyler has another very unique tourist attraction, and people drive from miles around – yea, people drive to Tyler, from all over the country to visit one very unique spot.

Located directly across the street from the county courthouse, within the grounds of a very beautiful garden of roses resides the gravestone of one of Tyler, Texas, most beloved citizens. Although he has been dead for more than 40 years, the citizens of Tyler, still take pride in his memory, and even though he lived only a few short years, the citizens of Tyler, still pay homage to what many consider to be the main attraction in Tyler: the grave of a panhandler!

Read more if you are interested ... (http://www.danieltaylor.us/WO_Panhandler.html)

Catherinedana
05-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the song without the words
and never stops at all

No truer or more beautiful words have ever been written

finn's mom
05-15-2009, 08:39 AM
I love poetry. My niece and I used to go to Barnes and Noble and drink tea and coffee on Friday nights in the cafe. We'd read poetry to each other while we sat and hung out. We'd usually get there at 8 and leave at 10 to go out to a couple of clubs in Columbia. I miss those Friday nights with her!

finn's mom
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
okay this is about this girl Candace. I met her like 2 months ago. We met through this boy who screwed both of us over but I really think it was meant to be. We were made for eachother and everyone sees it.

That was really nice, thanks for sharing that. One of my very dearest friends (absolutely a kindred spirit) and I met the same way. I was dating her ex when we met, and she and I have been friends ever since. We got much closer when he became my ex and now we both have very little to do with him. But, we are completely head over heels for each other. I'm glad you found that connection with someone.

Kfamr
05-29-2009, 05:44 PM
to be rekindled. light the fuel of your flight and be. become your own lover. he who loves himself loves best. love yourself with all the passion in your heart.
sing your song amd feel so alive that even you burn more intense than the sun. wake and say good morning, lye to rest and say goodnight. good night beautiful soul, see you amongst my dreams and may we have a wonderful journey in the sunrise.

love those around you with the same passion, hold them close and scream aloud your love for them. but never forget that the most beautiful being is that soul looking you in the eyes in that steamy bathroom mirror as you stand there buck naked.

dont feel the need to love her or him when you are all you were looking for all along.