PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from iPhone to computer?

Randi
05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
If you have an iPhone.... how do you transfer pics to your computer?

My neigbor got a iPhone G3 recently and she took some really good pics of Fister while I was away. I would like to have them! We tried connecting with a USB from her iPhone to my Mac, it didn't work. :(

When I transfer pictures from my camera, I do it like that and an icon comes up. I know that is because I have the programme for the camera installed. What does she need on her laptop Windows machine?

A Graphic Designer friend suggested this: http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

Anyone familiar with it? Or any other suggestions?

Prairie Purrs
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
The photo management program I've got on my laptop picks up the iPhone when I plug in via USB. It's a Corel program--not specifically an iPhone program.

lvpets2002
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
:) How old is your Mac??

Karen
05-11-2009, 03:37 PM
From what I've read online, the Mac programs iPhoto, iTunes and ImageCapture should do this automatically. Perhaps your versions need to be updated for the iPhone transfer to work. ImageCapture can be updated from the Apple website, or the system software via the combined Mac OSX updates for the various operating systems, so you don't have to update the whole operating system, just the parts you need. iTunes is also easily and freely updated. iPhoto is the only one that you have to pay for major upgrades.

For the PC person, maybe her software needs to be updated, or maybe she didn't see the photo section that comes up within iTunes?

If it is a problem, or for more info, since I don't have an iPhone, I'd go to the forums at Apple.com and peruse there.

Prairie Purrs
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Also, if she's got email set up on her iPhone, she can e-mail the photos to you directly from the phone. When she brings up a picture on the iPhone screen, she should see an icon at the bottom on the far left that she can tap to insert the picture in an e-mail.