PDA

View Full Version : Greenies...

moosmom
05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I bought some tuna Greenies for my cats and they love them. However, my friend told me that the Greenies were recalled because it was reeking havoc on their digestive systems, causing major surgery, even death. Thank goodness I save my receipt.

Have any of you heard of the Feline Greenies (tiny little green fishies) being recalled? I googled it and found that it is supposedly in the Canine Greenies (in the shape of a toothbrush), nothing about including the Feline Greenies. Snopes showed nothing. Just to play it safe, I'm taking them back and will stick with Whiska Lickins.

catnapper
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
It was the OLD style of canine Greenies. They reformulated them 2 years ago.

The feline ones are purrfectly fine. My kitties loe them too.

neko1
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
The feline greenies make my kitties vomit, so I stick with the whiska lickins:)

Medusa
05-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Hmmm, no, I haven't read or heard anything. Some of my cats love them (Specs just won't eat treats) and even Cgirl will eat one on occasion but I probably shouldn't give them to her because of her allergies. I just bought 6 bags and tossed the receipt but I've not had any problems w/my cats vomiting them up or anything of that nature.

Kfamr
05-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I believe this was just for the canine greenies. People were feeding the wrong sized greenies to their dogs and it was causing problems. I heard something about that they are going to start selling them at vets only.

CathyBogart
05-10-2009, 10:53 AM
This was only the canine greenies. My store keeps VERY careful watch on all recalled products so we can keep our customers informed, and the feline greenies are safe.

The original canine greenies sold like mad, but now that the recall is over and they've been reformulated people are much more cautious and we sell them very slowly. BUT we order feline greenies a dozen cases at a time and we still run out.

sirrahbed
05-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Glad you all keep up on these things - my kitties love the feline Greenies and just polished off a package yesterday:)

Taz_Zoee
05-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Well I'm glad it wasn't the kitty Greenies recalled, because Taz loves them. We sell them at the boutique and I get a discount on them. :)