PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lost kitty

CathyBogart
05-10-2009, 12:14 AM
My brother adopted a 6-7 month old cat today. Through a freak accident the kitty escaped and took off. I spotted him about 90 minutes ago, but he was too scared to come to me and I lost track of him after a few minutes.

What can we do? Fliers have been posted all over the neighborhood. The kitty was wearing a collar and ID tag, and he is microchipped, but he doesn't know us and he doesn't know the neighborhood. He must be so scared and frantic...

Food has been left out for him, and my brother is out searching with a flashlight and some yummy chicken....but if anyone else has any suggestions we'd love to hear them! :( I'm so worried...

DJFyrewolf36
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Hoodini bolted out the door today too!!! :mad: John just spotted him right now and so far all I can suggest is the yummy treats! *sigh* Im praying that we find both our missing kitties!! *HUGS*

Medusa
05-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Goodness, I have no suggestions since everything you're already doing I would've suggested. Prayers are going up, though, that you both find your kitties quickly, easily and safe and sound. :love:

happylabs
05-10-2009, 06:37 AM
So sorry to hear of your dilemma. It is one of the worst feelings ever to have a lost pet. You are pretty much doing everything you can. It is good that he has a collar. I remember when my cat Moose got out one night. I was up every half hour looking for him at the back door. He wasn't much for being held but when he came back in I hugged and hugged him and I think he realized I missed him.

Moesha
05-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Do you have one of those humane traps, or could you perhaps borrow one, and set it with some really stinky and tempting food to lure the kitty back? It worked for Freedom a couple of weeks ago when one of her kitties escaped.

moosmom
05-10-2009, 08:04 AM
What Moesha said!!

catmandu
05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
The Pet Talker Animal Search and Rescue Squad is on the case and they ahve brought some sausages from thier Picnic with the Polish Animal Angels last night.
Sadly a young Cat will run out inpulsively and become disoriented.
We are praying your brothers Cat finds his way home and doesnt stray too far.
:love::love::love:

Catty1
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Can you borrow a live trap and bait it with yummies?

Prayers that both kitties are home soon!:love:

CathyBogart
05-10-2009, 10:47 AM
We sell live traps at my work, and if kitty isn't home today I'm going to talk to my brother about buying one. I'm concerned that we might trap some of the area's many ferals instead of the cat we want, but I guess that would just be a good excuse to get them neutered and vaccinated before re-releasing them.

catmandu
05-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I had a humane trap to catch the elusive Pouncer Roccalno :love::love:
and ended up catching some rather irritated Porch Ctas who did not appreciate being caged , to say the least.
Good luck to both Your Brother Cat Cathy, and of course to DJFyrewolfs Hoodini, that hes not as elusive as his namesake
:love::love::love:

CathyBogart
05-11-2009, 09:53 AM
My brother rented a trap yesterday, and put up a whole bunch more fliers. Wish us luck!

Randi
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I hope the trap will make the kitty come back - shrimps or raw white fish should work. :p Late evenings when it's quiet around, is a good time to try.

Good luck!

lvpets2002
05-11-2009, 11:03 AM
:eek: OMG I would just be so Frantic.. I sure hope the Live Trap works.. Best of Luck.. Sending lots of Prayers.. Keep us posted..

AbbyMom
05-11-2009, 12:39 PM
OH NO!

For good search tips, see http://www.catsinthebag.org/

Please please, if you haven't already, call your animal control and notify them of the missing cat. In my community, you can email a photo as part of the notification.

Good luck!

rg_girlca
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Oh gosh, having a kitten disappear the same day you adopted it, is so heartbreaking. What worries me is that this poor little thing doesn't even know his area yet or his new family for that matter and could just keep running further & further away. Poor baby must be soooo scared.

Big time prayers that he is found safe & sound and reunited with your brother very soon.
I will light a candle for his safe return.

phesina
05-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Prayers that the little kitty will find his way home safely.

I lit a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=8375111

CathyBogart
05-11-2009, 11:47 PM
We've got two traps now, and his foster meowmie brought us a bunch of his favorite blankies over. A few people have said they thought they saw him in the neighborhood, so we're praying that he's nearby and comes into the traps for some tasty tuna.

Thank you to everyone for the candles and well wishes.

Medusa
05-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Prayers are still continuing that you can trap the little stinker. I haven't been lighting candles on the Gratitude website but rest assured that I do light candles at home. My altar looks like a bonfire sometimes! LOL Keep the faythe. :love:

CathyBogart
05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, something is working, because I had a voicemail from my brother this morning saying that he ALMOST had little Mikey last night. :)

Catty1
05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
VERY hopeful news! Fingers crossed!

Come home Mikey!:love:

rg_girlca
05-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh gosh, come on little Mickey, please, please, PPPUUUULEASE, let your new pawpie catch you and bring you back inside where you will be safe and sound.