PDA

View Full Version : Bob hurt his foot/leg last night...

ChrisH
05-09-2009, 06:12 AM
...last night, chasing after a ball. Took him to the vets this morning, nothing serious. Vet gave him a shot plus some pills to take over 5 days and the advice for him to rest up for a few days. So his new name for a little while is Hopalong Bob.:D

He was such a good boy though, didn't poop in my son's car, didn't shirk from going in the vet's - he is so used to the place by now he even knows which way to go, I could send him in on his own. :) Not a sound from him whilst the vet was pulling his legs feet and hips about and, something new, he even tried to get back in the car to come home by his own violation!

anna_66
05-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Although he had a little owie, I'm glad to hear the trip to the vets was a huge success! I hope your little man is feeling better.
(((HUGS)))

chocolatepuppy
05-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Poor Bob. I hope you're foot/leg is better soon.:)

K9karen
05-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Mz Logan told me to tell Bob "Join the crowd! It's our duty to run and chase, and what do we get in return? Ouchies!" She hopes Bob feels better and is very proud of him for surviving the car and the vet!

Mz L has a vet appt on Monday. She keeps hurting her left paw when she chases critters. Same 'ole toes boo-boo. Don't like to give Rimydal without a check up. She'd love to share a nice bed with her buddy!

ChrisH
05-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the good wishes guys, {{hugs}} they worked!

The main reasons I took him to the vet Saturday morning was because he fell over twice, first early morning when getting up to greet me, and second when going for a wee (got to say, cruel as it may be, :D the second time I was in stitches). Plus the fact they are closed Sat afternoon until Monday. Something any of us will do, right?

£35 and 24 hours later here he is running around like a two year old. Oh, well. :D

Karen, Bob sends kisses to Miz Logan and hopes she, just like him, doesn't need the Rimydal after all.

lizbud
05-10-2009, 04:27 PM
First, I am so happy to hear Bob seems to be over his dislike of the
car rides & the Vets office.:) I hope his leg keeps getting better. Hugs
for you sweet Bobby.:)

ChrisH
05-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Thanks, Liz.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/kiss.gif

Taz_Zoee
05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh, I thought I responded on this thread. Apparently not. :o

Well, I'm glad Bob is feeling better already and it's great that he is used to going to the vets office now. What a good boy!! :D

ramanth
05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Poor Bob! :( I'm glad it's nothing too serious. Get better soon Bob! :love:

K9karen
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Karen, Bob sends kisses to Miz Logan and hopes she, just like him, doesn't need the Rimydal after all.

Well.. I'll answer for the Princess 'cause she's asleep..
She's A-OK, thank you...she pulled or stubbed one toe on her left paw as I expected. Having had a broken toe and foot, I can understand why she hesitated getting up, doing steps, etc. But 1 Rimydal on Saturday did the trick. After being examined, she suddenly jumped off the table and went *SPLAT*. I screamed, of course. but she seems OK. I gave her a Rimydal at dinner, but I hope not to give her more. When I say *BOB*, her ears perk up! Good thing you're an ocean away..she LOVES the boys, if you know what I mean..little hussy. :rolleyes:

Sorry to kidnap your post! And yes, any amount of money is worth a healthy pupster!

4 Dog Mother
05-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh, Bob I just read this but it sounds like you are already pretty much better. And you surprised your mom by being in good boy in the car and at the vets. Wow, you've come a long way Bobby boy. Keep up the good work and try not to hurt yourself anymore!

ChrisH
05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks Taz_Zoee, Kimmy & Diana. {{hugs}}

Karen, Bob and I are so glad to hear nothing was actually broken, and that the one Rimydal worked for your Princess!

When I say *BOB*, her ears perk up!
As an experiment I just said, *Logan*, and Bob pricked up his ears, wagged his tail and pawed my leg! Do they have some sort of psychic connection going on here, you think? :D

K9karen
05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I believe it! How :cool: is THAT????????????????????? :love::love::love:
Next time I go to GB..I'll stop by and smooch Bob for Princess L!
We :love: you guys!