PDA

View Full Version : Operation Octomom, the Removal of the Uterus.

blue
05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Operation means no more babies for Octomom Nadya Suleman

BY Nancy Dillon
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Updated Thursday, May 7th 2009, 4:09 PM

Fame

Nice catch! Octomom Nadya Suleman almosts drops one of her babies at a playground.
Related News
Articles
Octomom to lawsuit: Bring it on
Octomom sued by celeb lawyer for exploiting her babies
Oh, Mother! What a crazy year...

LOS ANGELES - No more babies for the OctoMom!

Nadya Suleman is having half her uterus removed this weekend and says her child-birthin' days are done.

And after 14 kids, some may say that's a good thing - especially after she almost dropped one of her octuplets at the park.

Suleman said doctors are requiring her to have the operation after they found benign fibroids growing in her uterus. The procedure makes it near-impossible to ever get pregnant again.

"They're worried there could be, like, pre-cancerous cells. So I have to remove half of the uterus," the 33-year-old told RadarOnline.com.

"I'm terrified," she said. "I'm really, really, really nervous. And I have to do a will. I have to get a will done just in case."

Suleman declined to name the couple she's chosen to take her 14 kids if anything goes wrong, but it doesn't sound like it's her flabbergasted parents.

"A Christian couple," she said. "They're really, really trustworthy. They're amazing people."

Suleman will spend up to a week in hospital recovering.

The operation will come just days after a media outing to the park turned into a bloopers reel when Suleman nearly dropped one of the babies on a picnic blanket while juggling another infant in her arms.

Luckily she managed to tighten her grip with her blue-tipped manicured hands as the baby's head pitched toward the ground.

Her pained expression made it clear the episode on Wednesday was an accident.

The single, unemployed mother has been under a media microscope since giving birth to octuplets on Jan. 26. She already had six other children, ages 2 to 7.

Lawyer Gloria Allred filed a court petition Monday asking a judge to appoint an outside legal guardian to look after the babies' financial interests as Suleman explores TV and book deals.

Police and child welfare officials also visited her house recently to investigate an allegation of neglect but took no immediate action.

Suleman told RadarOnline that one of her sons had a black eye from falling and a bite mark on his back from a sibling.

"I'm never having any more kids," Suleman declared.

Source (http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/05/07/2009-05-07_operation_means_no_more_babies_for_octomom_nady a_suleman.html).

moosmom
05-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Why the heck didn't they do the procedure after the LAST time?? Geez. Like closing the barn door AFTER the horse gets out.

Grace
05-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Where the heck didn't they do the procedure after the LAST time?? Geez. Like closing the barn door AFTER the horse gets out.

Shouldn't that be horses :D

pomtzu
05-09-2009, 09:08 AM
They need to remove the whole uterus - not just half. At least that would be a positive guarantee that she never has more, and not just a "near impossible" chance.

It was "near impossible" that she would ever have a litter of 8 - wasn't it? :eek:

Grace
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Actually, she is having a myomectomy - removal of the uterine fibroid. And it would not be totally impossible for her to get pregnant again.

Why is she spending 7 days in the hospital? Why are they not kicking her out after 48 hours? Who is paying for this procedure and hospitalization?

INFO (http://www.myomectomy.net/) about myomectomy.

happylabs
05-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Hmmmm...7 days? She has better insurance than I do! Also, how does she have time to get her nails manicured??? I only had 2 kids and never had the time or money to do that when they were little.

pomtzu
05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Hmmmm...7 days? She has better insurance than I do! Also, how does she have time to get her nails manicured??? I only had 2 kids and never had the time or money to do that when they were little.

With all those nannys taking care of the kids, she has all the time in the world to do whatever she wants! I'm sure it's just "token time" when she's seen with the kids - just to please the media and fool the public into thinking that she is caring for them. :(
And I'm sure that money is no object - not anymore!

moosmom
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Ellie,

Darn!! I KNEW there was a reason I shoulda kept my uterus - $$$$$$. *sigh*:rolleyes: Maybe I can buy one on the black market and have it implanted.

Someone clarify something for me. I know her father's last name is Solomon. Is she try to disguise her last name by spelling it differently? Or was she married and she kept her last name after the divorce. Inquiring minds need to know.

pomtzu
05-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Ellie,

Darn!! I KNEW there was a reason I shoulda kept my uterus - $$$$$$. *sigh*:rolleyes: Maybe I can buy one on the black market and have it implanted.

Wash your mouth out Girl! I lost mine when I was only 29, and was never so glad to lose anything in my life! :)

Of course, you and I were way before the days of invitro, so we would never have been as "lucky" as Octomom. :D :D :D :D

moosmom
05-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Ellie,

I hear ya, girl!!! I lost mine 10 years ago and have not missed it. Would I do it again, hell yeah!!!