PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Mothers day?

sparks19
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
WEll unfortunately I don't get to see my mom this mothers day but I did send her a gift and a nice card. sent her some earrings I know she has been wanting really bad lol.

I know mothers day is actually on Sunday but I'm getting my day on Saturday lol.

Brian and Hannah are taking me to this ROCKING bead shop about 30-40 minutes from here that I've only been to once but have been dying to go back. and then we are going to P.F Changs for dinner. I am in LOVE with their lettuce wraps but again it's about 30 minutes away so it's not somewhere we really go very often.

and then Sunday will just be a nice calm day where we can just all be together and if the weather is nice maybe we can go to the park or something. but with the way the rain has been lately I'm not holding out hope for that lol.

can't wait. what a perfect weekend.

What are your plans?

happylabs
05-07-2009, 01:54 PM
If things go as planned, my brother and I will be taking our mom out for an early dinner on Sunday to a quiet local restaurant. I am going to try to make her a special cake on Saturday.

My two kids, age 19 and 22, will be at Myrtle Beach, SC with their father on vacation. So nice of him to plan his vacation over Mother's Day weekend. :(

Catty1
05-07-2009, 02:03 PM
My mom is in Winnipeg visiting my aunt who just got out of hospital - she'll be helping out with groceries and stuff.

I had a card I was going to hide and put in her carry-on bag...but it fell out of my jacket as I was pushing the baggage cart....OH WELL. :) She's now not allowed to open it until she gets to the Peg, so it will be sort of a surprise...lol

She'll be back Tuesday, and I hope to celebrate with her after that.

Sirrahsim
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
My kids will be taking me out to dinner Sunday evening:) I may even treat myself with a trip to the local bakery to get a slice of cake.

Taz_Zoee
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you will get two days of celebrating.

We are going to my brothers house (he lives right next door to my parents). My SIL's mom will be there too. This will be the first time since Bruce and I have been together (6 years) that we will spend Mother's Day with my mom. We usually always go to his moms. When us kids were teenagers our "gift" to mom on moms day was to leave her alone. LOL But it's about time to celebrate again.

sirrahbed
05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I will get to spend Saturday with middle son, daughter-in-love, two granddaughters and sister-in-love - who is mom to hubby's wife. Get that?:p It sounds like the girls have surprises planned for the two grandmas and we may be going to see some baby farm animals. It should be a really nice day! Then Sunday will be more relaxing with church and probably stay home to work on the garden. Normally I try to get flowers out planted that weekend and this year will probably be the same. I am glad not to be going anywhere on Sunday because I don't like crowds:D Mother's Day can be *any* day!!!

prechrswife
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
On Sunday morning at church, baby Malcom will be dedicated to the Lord. Then, we'll go somewhere for lunch, although that is a pretty normal Sunday thing for us. (It may even be fast food, just to avoid the crowds.) We are planning a family day on Monday, since my hubby is off work that day. Not sure what we are doing yet.

Karen
05-08-2009, 11:32 AM
We will be going to my mum-in-law's place, and are all contributing something for brunch. I'll be bringing a small version of the attached - coffee ring!

Randi
05-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I doubt Fister has anything planned for me on mom's day. LOL!

Karen, that looks so yummy! Did YOU make it? Recipe, please! :p Here perhaps?
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=138996&highlight=recipe+cake

Karen
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I doubt Fister has anything planned for me on mom's day. LOL!

Karen, that looks so yummy! Did YOU make it? Recipe, please!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=138996&highlight=recipe+cake

Yup - family recipe/tradition. I'll have to ponder a bit and figure out how to type out the instructions, as Ma's recipe ends with "then you know what to do" - which is true of all her children (and grandchildren) but not of strangers!

Medusa
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
The boy (my affectionate term for my son) took me to PF Chang's when I visited him in CA. I fell in love w/the lettuce wraps, too. Yum!

I'll probably clean the house or maybe go shopping or something. I won't get to be w/the boy this year so I don't want to feel sorry for myself because he'll be home for a visit next week. We'll celebrate MD and his birthday then, too.

Have a wonderful MD and maybe you'll find some beautiful beads and make some new jewelry, eh? :)

Happy Mothers' day to all the PT moms and their moms, too.

sparks19
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
well hopefully I am all better by tomorrow. went out to dinner last nigth and I ate some bad chicken so I am feeling pretty sorry today. hope it only lasts one day.

Sounds like everyone has lovely and relaxing plans. Sorry for all the moms who can't be with their kids and kids who can't be with their moms. it sucks. I'm looking forward to spending the day with my family but I do miss my mommy.

'm sure I will find MANY lovely beads :) LOL I got my present from my MIL today. does she know me or what? I got a hanging jewelry/bead organizer lol it's AWESOME and much needed since I have outgrown my 9 drawer organizer lol.

carole
05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Well my mum will be in the Gold Coast Australia, soaking up the rays on mothers day,i went over to her house last night and spent some time before they left for their two week holiday,i gave her some pretty pink avon slippers and nice silver mesh gift bag filled with avon hand creams and small gift wrapped box of chocolates., and a card which had a black kitty on it.

My daughter will be working on mothers day and son is in Auckland, so it will just be hubby and i, however son is paying for our lunch out for mothers day present and his Dad's birthday present, we are going to a place i have always wanted to go, the Gostiana,which do a buffet lunch on Sunday's,they have a lovely roaring fire going, so i am looking forward to it, as it is rather cold down under at the moment,will be a challenge to as i am on Weight Watchers ,and have no intention of breaking my programme, so will be eating sensibly but enjoying myself too.

Hope everyone has a great day with their mothers, children, fur children,and let us all remember those who have lost their mothers,may they think of the beautiful memories they shared with them.

lizbud
05-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I will be going to visit Mom's grave Sunday. I'm gring her favorite flowers.
I'll visit the grave of my Grandma, Grandpa & my Brother's grave nearby.

My kids both live in faraway states so we visit by phone.

P.S. I love to eat at P.F Changs. Only place were the Pepper Steak &
White Rice is as good as I make.:)

caseysmom
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I will be going to visit Mom's grave Sunday. I'm gring her favorite flowers.
I'll visit the grave of my Grandma, Grandpa & my Brother's grave nearby.

My kids both live in faraway states so we visit by phone.

P.S. I love to eat at P.F Changs. Only place were the Pepper Steak &
White Rice is as good as I make.:)

I'll be doing the same ...vising my mother and grandmothers grave also.

moosmom
05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm working at Bad, Breath & Beyond, 12-5 on Mother's Day. I'll go to the cemetery when I get out.

Karen
05-08-2009, 09:12 PM
The coffee ring recipe is posted here. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2148793#post2148793)

prechrswife
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I didn't mention the "other side" of our Mother's Day plans. We are a long way from my mom and my MIL, so we won't see them on Sunday. We will call, of course, and we are planning to have new professional photos made of all 3 of our kids as a gift for them. The gifts will have to be belated, though, because we are waiting until Malcom is just a couple of weeks older before we try to do pictures.

blue
05-08-2009, 10:53 PM
My moms is in Panama, we'll celebrate when they get back the the state.

neko1
05-09-2009, 06:59 AM
My mom is really sick right now so we will just be going over her place real quick to give her her gifts. I don't think she's contagious anymore, but she doesn't want everyone around when she coughing all over the place.

We'll be planning a dinner sometime between mother's day and hec's 30th birthday and do a double celebration then.

anna_66
05-09-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm going to be working from 11am-9pm and taking care of all the lovely mothers and their families since I can't be with my mother (she lives in SC)

I'm very lucky to have a mother. Love ya mom:love:

wolf_Q
05-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Providing the weather stays nice, we're going on the trek to see the Spiral Jetty! :D I've been wanting to see it for years, I found photos on the internet of it as recent as May 5th so it shouldn't be under water right now. http://www.spiraljetty.org/

Cinder & Smoke
05-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Providing the weather stays nice,
we're going on the trek to see the Spiral Jetty! :D
http://www.spiraljetty.org/

Ya gonna take Mom along?
Have *Phunn*!

Are you going to drive in or Hike in? ... The "road" sounds like a challenge!
And when you get there, can you walk out to the end in the Lake?

Looks :cool:

sparks19
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
OH man. I know it's a day early but my day was today (better hours for the shop LOL)

first we went to this awesome bead shop called Beadniks in a little town about an hour away. Lots of FUN stuff. I had a very lenient budget LOL was handed a bunch of cash and told "happy mother's day" hahahaha ... I cam ein under budget and still have money left. WOOT. but I went CRAZY in that store. LOTS of awesome new beads I can't WAIT to make things with. I'm staring at them longingly but it is too late to start messing around now or I will be up all night haha. but I already have some ideas in mind so I will start cranking them out tomorrow (my relax day)

I got done at the bead store earlier than expected so we went to the mall and I got the latest book in a series I LOVE. gonna head to bed and crank out a chapter or two now lol.

then we went for a wonderful dinner at PF Changs. OMG ... I had the Oolong marinated sea bass on a bed of spinach with citrus infused soy sauce. The MOST expensive thing on the menu lol but WAAAAAAY delicious. I left Brian a little sliver to try (family dining servings BTW hahaha) he had the kung pao chicken and it was YUMMY. Hannah decided to be exciting and threw up in the middle of the restaurant in front of everyone. she is ok she just kinda gagged on a cookie. so afterwards the couple next to us was leaving and they stopped at the table and said we had a lovely daughter and asked if she was our first and we said yes and they said they have 3 and the 4th on the way so they have dealt with all the throwing up in restaurants and everything else and said congrats and wished me a happy mothers day. very sweet. GREAT time.

So now we are home. Had a few drinks. Hannah in bed (long time ago) and tomorrow is my day to just relax and play with my new beads lol.

all in all I had a wonderful day. and I wish a VERY happy mother's day to all the mom's here on PT and all the mom's of our members here.

blue
05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Talked to mom today, wished her well and will celbrated next sunday. Ill be calling my stepmomn tomorrow.

carole
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
My sweet Melissa gave me a little hand massager, for my aches and pains, very thoughtful, it is cute lights up when you use it and it does help too, but best of all she sent me an email with a special card which had this cute cartoon teddy bear, opening his arms and it said A BIG HUG TO SAY, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY, but best of all was what she wrote at the bottom.
"Dearest Mother,
The best mum in the world deserves a great mothers day, I hope you enjoy your present and know that i appreciate all the work you do for me,so relax whilst i am at work. that mean't "a real lot to me reading that message.:):love:

Our lunch out at the buffet meal was very disappointing, the food was extremely fatty, something i just hate, we only got offered one dessert ,nothing else, mind you it was divine i must say that, and the place was freezing, no roaring fire anymore replaced by heat pumps that had not been put on early enough, we were put in the 2nd small dining room, and had to wait a full half an hour before eating, as they let the large room eat first, we really felt like 2nd class diners,( i had booked way in advance too and was not told about these two dining areas)we were told to arrive at 12.30 and did not enter the main dining area until 1pm,(shivering all the time, most unpleasant, and it was one heck of a cold day in Aotearoa on sunday )and the food was not even that hot by then,the chef came around asking about our meal, i was polite but told him it was too fatty for my liking, he said they had tried to lower the fat content and no-one liked it, guess there are still plenty kiwis who love their food dripping in bad fat.:(

The staff were friendly enough, and helpful, but all in all it was a real let down, and we left dismayed and vouched never to return again.,it wasn't all bad as what we did manage to eat was tasty enough.,but i felt we could have put our sons present money to way better use somewhere else, and wish i had chosen a different venue for our treat lunch.

Anyhow hope everyone enjoyed their day today, mine is well and truly over , it now being Monday down under, and another wet miserable cold day here.:(

Cataholic
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
We visited with my mom, and then we went home and planted flowers together. J is quite the digger. :eek:

He said to me yesterday morning, "today is Mother's Day and I will call you Mother all day, AND let you do whatever you want, except watch your TV". LOL, we can only watch HIS tv (meaning his shows....no, he does not have his own tv).

It was a great day.

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2009, 01:33 PM
"today is Mother's Day and I will call you Mother all day,
AND let you do whatever you want ...

:eek:

Begs the question, WHAT does he call you on 'other days'??

:confused:

Too bad about the TV ... keep lookin for that remote.
:p

anna_66
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I only had to work until 7:30pm (not 9 like expected) so that was a treat in it's self! I had pleasant guests who appreciated my service and tipped me nicely.

When I came home I had 2 cards waiting for me from "the dogs";)

I have such a sweet and loving husband:love:

All in all, it was a very nice Mother's Day.

Kfamr
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh man, Anna. Where did you find that husband of yours? Almost made me teary eyed.

lizbud
05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Providing the weather stays nice, we're going on the trek to see the Spiral Jetty! :D I've been wanting to see it for years, I found photos on the internet of it as recent as May 5th so it shouldn't be under water right now. http://www.spiraljetty.org/

Wow, that place looks fasinating. I'm glad too that Art trumped The Big
Oil interests at this site. I hope folks keep supporting it.:)

Genny
05-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I got my mom a floor lamp that she has been wanting it looks old-timey like and a card and some flowers..she liked it;)

wolf_Q
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Love those cards Anna! How sweet! My dogs didn't get me cards for mothers day. ;)

To those who asked about the Spiral Jetty....we didn't get to go. :( On Saturday my parents truck got taken out by a tire that came off a truck driving in front of them. They are fine but the truck is not...and what I've read says 4-wheel drive recommended and that was the only 4-wheel drive vehicle we have. :/ Hopefully we'll make it another day.

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Spiral Jetty ... we didn't get to go. :(

On Saturday my parents truck got taken out by a tire
that came off a truck driving in front of them.

They are fine but the truck is not ...
Hopefully we'll make it another day.

:(

Ruff way to get ready for Mum's Day! :(
Glad The Folks are OK --- sorrie 'bout the truck.

Maybe work on 'alternate transportation' >>>

* 4 wagon wheels on the Kick Sled
* Add a few more Huskies to the Team
* and HANG on Mom, Spiral, here we come!

:D

ramanth
05-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Andy and I met up with my parents and Jenn at my grandma's house and then enjoyed chili dogs, coleslaw, potato salad, and some mint/chocolate creme pie. :love:

Then we watched Westerns and digested/napped while the younger pups (aka Sasha and Chipper) played. :D

Cataholic
05-12-2009, 09:18 AM

Begs the question, WHAT does he call you on 'other days'??

:confused:

Not Mother (which he pronounces, Movfer).

Mommy, mommom, mommy-becan (no reason...LOL), my given name, (:eek:)...anything a 4.5 year old can think up!

caseysmom
05-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Wolfq...stop making me jealous I love Utah!!!

Cataholic...my 18 year old still calls me mommy:eek: Its funny when I'm at the high school and see the other kids give her a look:D

sparks19
05-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Wolfq...stop making me jealous I love Utah!!!

Cataholic...my 18 year old still calls me mommy:eek: Its funny when I'm at the high school and see the other kids give her a look:D

LOL I always called my mom mommy too hahaha. When I was a teenager it drove her crazy when I would walk around a store trying to find her and call out "MOMMY" HAHAHA people would always give us funny looks.

I forgot to mention...

Hannah went to preschool on Friday and they made some lovely mother's day artwork.

It's a piece of paper with her hand prints in purple and a picture of her and a little poem that say :

sometimes you get discouraged
Beacause I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

but everyday I'm growing
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small

I have it proudly displayed on my fridge :)