PDA

View Full Version : A Sunny Day Thursday 315?

RICHARD
05-06-2009, 02:07 PM
sneaking in to open the bar and to send some california sunshine to everyone that needs it. Typing on this system is laborious , I keep hitting the wrong buttons!

smokey the elder
05-06-2009, 02:22 PM
We're on our 7th cloudy day in a row, so we'll take some sunshine! (...and I'll take a fuzzy navel, please!)

pomtzu
05-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I'll take a BIG order of sunshine please - after a week of rain and no decent days forecast before this coming Sunday! :eek:

I could use a warm drink to take the chill off these old bones. Any recommendations?

Pinot's Mom
05-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Maryland has become a rain forest!! I REALLY need some sunshine!!

Let's see....what can we drink? It's not that cold, it's just WET! This may be redundant, since we had a wine night not too long ago, but I just think a big ole glass of some good red wine with a nice hot pizza might take the edge off!

blue
05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
The snow is gone and its been getting in the 60s, martini weather.

RICHARD
05-06-2009, 11:56 PM
OK, here we go!
Blue,
One martini?
Done!

PM,
Red and pizza?
Done !

POM,
How's about a hot choco??
done !

STE,
All Fuzzy Navels are served with a Q-Tip!
Done!

THAT was a dumb joke

Lady's Human
05-07-2009, 12:48 AM
If it's sun everyone's after, hows about a round of Tequila Sunrises?

Sounds appropriate.

Richard, think we need a new robot taste tester for this joint?

happylabs
05-07-2009, 03:59 AM
Sunshine, let's see, I seriously forget what it looks like.

LMAO at Fuzzy Navels served with a Q-tip! :) :D

davidpizzica
05-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Happylabs, the sun is that bright light in the sky when it isn't raining! More rain and thunderstorms for Pittsburgh today. More flood watches for the rivers. A tequilla sunrise will make seem sunnier.

happylabs
05-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Happylabs, the sun is that bright light in the sky when it isn't raining! More rain and thunderstorms for Pittsburgh today. More flood watches for the rivers. A tequilla sunrise will make seem sunnier.

Ohhhhhh...now I am starting to remember what sun is. Guess what? I think it is the sun I saw trying to peak out of the clouds when I got to work a few minutes ago. I am in central Pennsylvania. :)

Tequila for breakfast..why not?!? :D

pomtzu
05-07-2009, 07:34 AM
UGH!!! 9th straight day with rain. Wish I could send some to those poor folks in So. Cal to put out those fires.

I need coffee this a.m. - and not decaf please. :D

happylabs
05-07-2009, 07:49 AM
UGH!!! 9th straight day with rain. Wish I could send some to those poor folks in So. Cal to put out those fires.

I need coffee this a.m. - and not decaf please. :D

Wouldn't that be great if someone could figure out how to transport water from an area that has too much to an area that is lacking. With all of this modern technology you think they could make some sort of aircraft that could extract extra water from one area and drop it onto another. My daughter just rolled her eyes at me when I said this to her.

davidpizzica
05-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Ohhhhhh...now I am starting to remember what sun is. Guess what? I think it is the sun I saw trying to peak out of the clouds when I got to work a few minutes ago. I am in central Pennsylvania. :)

Tequila for breakfast..why not?!? :D

You're lucky. At least you have a few peaks of sun. I have a lot of peaks at cloudy! LOL! Join you in a tequila?

pomtzu
05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Wouldn't that be great if someone could figure out how to transport water from an area that has too much to an area that is lacking. With all of this modern technology you think they could make some sort of aircraft that could extract extra water from one area and drop it onto another. My daughter just rolled her eyes at me when I said this to her.

Well - if we can put a man on the moon - why not?

Killearn Kitties
05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Well - if we can put a man on the moon - why not?
Stop it. You are reminding me of the old fridge magnet joke - if we can put a man on the moon why can't we put them all there - and it's just not in the spirit of Thursdays! :D

I'll take some sunshine and a tequilla sunrise please, Richard. Should we put that on the jukebox too?

happylabs
05-07-2009, 08:18 AM
You're lucky. At least you have a few peaks of sun. I have a lot of peaks at cloudy! LOL! Join you in a tequila?

Yes, join me please. Cheers!!!

pomtzu
05-07-2009, 08:25 AM
if we can put a man on the moon why can't we put them all there -

:D I never heard that one. Love it - love it. :D

happylabs
05-07-2009, 08:30 AM
:D I never heard that one. Love it - love it. :D

Too funny! I'd like to send my boss and ex-husband there. :D ;) :D

lvpets2002
05-07-2009, 10:21 AM
:( Hey I think we need less sunshine & Lots of Rain for Sana Barb, CA.. The Fire out there is so out of control..

happylabs
05-07-2009, 12:22 PM
:( Hey I think we need less sunshine & Lots of Rain for Sana Barb, CA.. The Fire out there is so out of control..

I would gladly share some of my rain with them if I knew how to get it there.

lvpets2002
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
:) Ok lets on the count of three we will blow real hard & maybe that will do it.. Really I feel so sorry for those people out there.. So many homes burnt to the ground again.. Its just so Sad..:(
I would gladly share some of my rain with them if I knew how to get it there.

happylabs
05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
:) Ok lets on the count of three we will blow real hard & maybe that will do it.. Really I feel so sorry for those people out there.. So many homes burnt to the ground again.. Its just so Sad..:(

Yes, it makes me feel bad as well. :(

RICHARD
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I hope you all won't mind doing a little 'serve yourself' bartending
for a while? I still have to train myself how not to delete messages I want to post!
Thanks and DONE!

Karen
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I wonder when people will learn not to build in certain areas. Yes, beautiful weather with never any rain is convenient, but makes for a tinderbox.

It is very sad. We are having a gray rain-off-and-on day today, but our water levels are still down a little, so I don't really mind!

Nice day for a cup of tea, please!

RedHedd
05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Why don't we all join in and do a HUGE rain dance? Yes, Orc, you may dance with us too.

Weather is weird, muggy and warm up in northern California. A sunrise sounds good, hold the tequila .... :cool:

lvpets2002
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM
:eek: WoW Orc is Dancing.. Now Orc easy with your feet ok.. Dont pounce to hard.. Ok Orc Karen ask for glass of Tea.. Please go get the ice & lemonds.. One Iced Tea with lemonds coming up.. I wish David would check in.. I need one of pinot's stawberry slushies.. David is the one with the mixer..:D

davidpizzica
05-07-2009, 04:06 PM
LVP, I'm here to crank up ye olde ceement mixer! C'mon Orc give me a hand. Does that comment about "sending all men to the moon" apply to the guys on PT, also? Also Pittsburgh thougts and prayers to the families who burnt out of their homes in this wildfire.

lvpets2002
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
:eek: Woo Hoo David is here with the mixer.. Its Hot here in Tx.. Its close to 100% here today already.. David one Bigg Strawberrie Slushie ok.. Yes Orc needs one too.. Anyone else for a Slushie??
LVP, I'm here to crank up ye olde ceement mixer! C'mon Orc give me a hand. Does that comment about "sending all men to the moon" apply to the guys on PT, also? Also Pittsburgh thougts and prayers to the families who burnt out of their homes in this wildfire.

pomtzu
05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Does that comment about "sending all men to the moon" apply to the guys on PT, also?

No. Not ALL of you anyway! Maybe just a select few....:p

I wish I could have sent today's monsoon rains to CA. The fires would be extinguished now.

And I'll have a strawberry slushie to toast the firefighters that are putting their lives on the line.

Killearn Kitties
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Does that comment about "sending all men to the moon" apply to the guys on PT, also?
Present company excepted, David!

cassiesmom
05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Could I please have some sunshine, too - but no tequila sunrise for me, just OJ if you have it.

Thanks,
Elyse

Pinot's Mom
05-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Orc, where are those strawberries?? You know I entrusted them to you for the slushies!! Well, it's up to you - you'll have to find them. Lord only knows what we'll be drinking, but that's OK - there's a celebration here starting this evening! My husband and I are married 27 years tomorrow. We took tomorrow off and we're starting tonight (actually with the pizza and wine mentioned earlier:)). I'll be signing off soon - have a good Thursday evening everyone! :D

aTailOf2Kitties
05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
thanx for the sunshine Richard! Been raining off and on all week and finally had a beautiful day today. Of course it's supposed to start raining again tomorrow:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Please pass some of that sunshine here too. We had a bad storm move through this morning. Almost 4 inches of rain in an hour plus winds over 80mph. :eek: We did lose power for a while but am up again now, as you can see. I AM SO SICK OF ALL THIS RAIN!!!!!! :(

Could I also have some onion rings and cherry rootbeer and 3 catnip teas? :D

davidpizzica
05-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Please pass some of that sunshine here too. We had a bad storm move through this morning. Almost 4 inches of rain in an hour plus winds over 80mph. :eek: We did lose power for a while but am up again now, as you can see. I AM SO SICK OF ALL THIS RAIN!!!!!! :(

Could I also have some onion rings and cherry rootbeer and 3 catnip teas? :D

Moff, while RICHARD is having problems getting back online, I'll be acting bartender. Onion rings, cherry root beer, and three catnip teas, DONE!

lvpets2002
05-08-2009, 12:21 PM
:) Oh boy the menu looks good David.. Could I have some please && some Rain too.. Everybody watch out Orc is running around with the ketsup bottle..
Moff, while RICHARD is having problems getting back online, I'll be acting bartender. Onion rings, cherry root beer, and three catnip teas, DONE!

RedHedd
05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Ooh Onion Rings! and Rain! Send some our way! :cool:

RICHARD
05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Why didn't anyone tell me there is no air on the moon?

Hope you all are doing well today and are planning a pleasant weekend.

lvpets2002
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
:p Da Da LOL Richard.. I think I see Orc learking around the corner with the ketsup bottle..
Why didn't anyone tell me there is no air on the moon?

Hope you all are doing well today and are planning a pleasant weekend.

RICHARD
05-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Maybe we should switch to moonshine? :)

blue
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Maybe we should switch to moonshine? :)

This!!!

RICHARD
05-09-2009, 12:23 PM
This!!!

DONE? :confused::)

Randi
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I had my first Tequila Sunrise in 1974 and I think it's time for another! :D Onion rings sounds yummy, but I wonder how they'd go along with a TS. :confused:

Can't complain about the weather here, it's been sunny during the day and raining at night. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
More rain here (sigh).

Can I get a refill on cherry rootbeer and the cats' catnip tea? Might as well drink on this gloomy day. :D

(is the sun still up there?):confused:

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-10-2009, 03:28 PM
The sun can't decide what it's doing here today. Sometimes it's out and sometimes not and it's a bit windy and chilly. I think I need something warm but the TS sounds good too. I can't decide.

RICHARD
05-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I thought I'd sneak in and make some drinks and serve up some grub-I have some spaghetti and salad.....
DONE?

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Sounds good to me Richard, DONE! Could I get an irish coffee please? There's FROST!!!! on my lawn!

davidpizzica
05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Sounds good to me Richard, DONE! Could I get an irish coffee please? There's FROST!!!! on my lawn!

RICHARD, make that TWO irish coffees! There's frost down Pittsburgh way, too!

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I know I sent my kids to school in their winter coats this morning. Brrrrr! How about some fresh cinnamon rolls to go with that Irish coffee. mmmmm

RICHARD
05-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I know I sent my kids to school in their winter coats this morning. Brrrrr! How about some fresh cinnamon rolls to go with that Irish coffee. mmmmm

A pot of coffee w/a little Irish to go with it?

DONE!