PDA

View Full Version : Now they want to take out a toof!!

ChrisH
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_2028.jpg

Took Bob for his yearly general exam and booster injections and he checked out fine - in fact vet Chris said he's 'as healthy as a much younger dog'! Needs his teeth and gums seen to though and one tooth may need to come out. No appointment made as yet but I hope to make one for early next week.

Taz_Zoee
05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Aww, poor Bob. Your eyes look so very sad in that picture. You're probably thinking - haven't they done enough to me already? But it's what is best for you. Besides, you get lots of special treatment while you're healing. :D

K9karen
05-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Awww.. I'm sorry you'll need a toofie removed, Bob. But I AM glad that's ALL that has to be done. Mummy and the vet will take extra special good care of you, darling boy, so try not to be 'fraid. I'll say it over and over..you sure are handsome, adorable and cute! :love::love::love:

Killearn Kitties
05-06-2009, 04:19 AM
Poor Bob. :( What a heartbreaking look you have about you, but mummy is only doing what is best for you, sweetheart. You want to keep yourself in tip-top condition and looking good for your fans. :love:

anna_66
05-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Gotta go to the vets again? I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal and I know that your momma will be giving you some yummy goodies when you get home!

Randi
05-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Dear Bob, dental work is no fun, but after it's done you'll feel so much better having shiny clean teeth. However, I understand if mum is worried.

When you are back home and have rested, remind your mum that you deserve some yummy treats. ;)

Sending our best wishes that all goes well! :love:

Fister and Randi

happylabs
05-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Don't worry about the dental work Bob. Buddy just had his dental work yesterday. He had 2 teeth removed! Buddy is a cat so I am sure you being a big tough doggie can handle it. Buddy gets to eat special canned food for a few days. Maybe your mom will give you some special goodies too. You do have a sweet and sad face. You'll be back to wagging your tail in no time.

caseysmom
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Don't feel bad Bob, they did that to Bubba last week...it wasn't too bad he never seemed to notice.

ChrisH
05-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys, from both Bobby and I, for the encouraging words. :D

Good health report or no, he is nearly 11 years old and I have to admit I am a bit worried about him having anaesthesia again. But I think I am going to have to let it be done. He's not in pain from the tooth right now, nor are his gums sore as yet, but it's in inevitable that there is pain and or soreness in store for him in the future if he doesn't get treatment.

Bobby and I will keep you updated. :D

caseysmom
05-06-2009, 05:39 PM
When casey and bubba went in for their dental last week I mentioned that casey is very sensitive to the anasthesia.

They said they would give her the anasthesia for older dogs, she did really well and was not nearly as out of it and she had been on previous occasions. She will be 9 this month.

Edwina's Secretary
05-06-2009, 05:47 PM
My darling, darling sad eyed Bobby Boy :love::love: I have to go to the dentist tomorrow too. I'll be brave...just as I know you will!

ChrisH
05-08-2009, 01:14 PM
caseysmom, Bobby had something 'for older dogs' when he had the surgery for lump removal last month and I believe they will be doing the same for the dental. Doesn't stop you worrying though does it? There again, what could. :)

Sara, hope your dentist visit went ok.

Bobby goes for his dental on Friday the 15th, a week today.

Randi
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Chris, it's not always good to have so much time to worry, but if Bob gets the same anasthesia as last time, I'm sure it'll be OK. :)

You know, I was quite worried last time Fister had a dental and I didn't know until then that there different kinds of anasthesia, my vet told me they have three kinds. I suppose they give cats and dogs the same, and meassure it accordng to weight? Would you mind asking what the one Bob gets is called?

And, does anyone here know what the difference is in the various anasthesia?

Will keep Bob in my thoughts and send positive vibes. :)

ChrisH
05-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Thanks, Randi.

I think they do give the dosage according to weight because I remember he had to be weighed before he went last time and the vet told me it was needed to know for giving drugs and anaesthesia.
(btw Bob is now weighs in at 24.5kg so I can no longer call him Fat Boy Bob. :D)

I'll try to remember to ask for details of the anaesthesia given come Friday.

ChrisH
05-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Well, today's the day. Will you please send some prayers, vibes or whatever that all goes well for my boy?
Me -> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/stress.gif

Killearn Kitties
05-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Good luck Bob sweetie! :love:
Lots of vibes, hugs, and maybe a new manicure?, for your mum! :D

ChrisH
05-15-2009, 05:31 AM
:D
Thanks Karen. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/attachment-1.gif

finn's mom
05-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Man, look at that face! How can you stand it?! I am a sucker for him and I have never even met him! We love you here in Fort Worth, Bob! :love:

Randi
05-15-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm thinking of you, Bob... and you too Chris. ;) :) Sending lots of good thoughts that all is going well. Now, when you get home, have a good rest and when you wake up, I'm sure your mom will have some soft treats for you!

ChrisH
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks Kari & Randi. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/kiss.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/kiss.gif

Update. He's fine, though he's not liking me too much right now. :)

Still got all his teeth, the one that was thought to need pulling was 'just' covered in thick brown tartar. So teeth all cleaned up and intact. However, I did ask them to check out his ears too and one was a little infected and very dirty, they cleaned it out and treated, and, combined with the use of the prescribed ear drops, it should be fine.

So, all's well so far and hopefully I'll have my Bobs back to normal by tomorrow.

Edwina's Secretary
05-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Good boy Bob!...:love::D:love::D:love:

lizbud
05-15-2009, 04:36 PM
I am glad Bob didn't need to lose a toof.:D Hope your mouth and
ears feel much better tomorrow sweetie.

ramanth
05-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh Bob! You melt my heart with those eyes. :love: Sorry about the toof. :(

K9karen
05-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Bob, our sweet, hunky boy...I'll bet when you wake up tomorrow, you'll be fine and not be mad at mommy anymore. Plus, I'll bet food will taste so much better with clean teethies!! Sorry you have a boo-boo ear. Please let mom put the drops in, 'cause you'll feel so much better, darlin'. Mz Logan send her love, and me too!

ChrisH
05-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks everyone!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

He's nearly back to normal this morning, not as lively, a bit slower on his walk but doesn't seem to hate me any more. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_2043.jpg

He needed coaxing, and treats, to be able to administer the ear drops, but then he always does so nothing new there. :D

btw I forgot to add that he also has gingervitus in his gums but he has medication, capsules, - which he takes with no problem - and so, hopefully, will show improvement at his check-up on Friday.

joycenalex
05-17-2009, 09:52 AM
thanks for the pupdate chris, both my angel alex and princess peanut had to have teeth removed, cracked molars both, i was very anxious. alex was a breeze, peanut wasn't so easy. Bob, sending you ear rubs and nose kisses...

ChrisH
05-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks. :D Rubs and kisses given.