PDA

View Full Version : I am very worried about IvyUpdate 5/7

doolittleky
05-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Ivy is my FIV+, diabetic, 13 year old BOY( I know "IVY" is a girls name but there is a reason for his name being Ivy). He has been at the vets since yesterday and is on fluids. He has stopped eating and his sugar got all out of whack and he is very out of it. Today before I came to work I talked to my vet and she said he is better hydrated now and is more alert than he was yesterday but is still not eating. She did bloodwork on him yesterday because we both thought he might have a problem with his kidneys because he had that smell to his breath. Plus, the poor thing has an upper respiratory that he has been fightiing with. I am so worried about him. Never has any of my babies been so special to me< since Shoo( my soul cat ) as Ivy is to me. Ivy is just the best cat ever, just ask Kt_luvs_kitties. She met him when she was here a few years ago and fell instantly iin love with him and wanted to cat nap him from me. If you don't mind to say some PT prayers for him to start eating and recover. The vet say he might be not eating because his sugar is so out of whack or with the FIV his immune system could be the problem. I will update you when I can. I don't always have computer access. Thanks!
Melissa

UPDATE 5/7 Ivy had a good day yesterday but then his sugar dropped last night and now he is not eating and is weak again. I am so worried about him. Please keep praying for my boy. The are going to do another BG test around 8 tonight. I am going to go visit him tomorroe.
Melissa

Karen
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
He'll be in our prayers.

lvpets2002
05-05-2009, 02:50 PM
:( Oh no so sorry to read about Ivy being sick.. Yes for sure sending lots of Huggss & Prayers.. Keep us posted ok.. Hope wittle Ivy get lots better soon.. Come on Ivy & start eating ok..

Randi
05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm so sorry to read about Ivy being sick, but I hope the fluids he gets will help make him better, and that he will start eating again.

Sending lots of good thoughts to Ivy, and to you! :love:

orangemm
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Ivy; I'll keep him in my prayers for sure.

Wonder if the upper respiratory illness might have something to do with his appetite? At least he's more alert, that's a good sign.

Please keep us posted, we are here for you. ((((hugs)))) and gentle (((hugs))) for Ivy...................:love::love::love:

Medusa
05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Prayers going up for dear Ivy right now that all will be well. Keep the faythe. :love:

moosmom
05-05-2009, 03:45 PM
DK,

Ivy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Boy, when it rains, it pours, huh??

Hugs to you!!

Donna and fur crew

catmandu
05-05-2009, 05:38 PM
We of course are praying for Poor Ivy, that Our Good Lord will give you more time to share your love together.
:love::love:
And we know taht Our Animal Angels Army in Hawaii will bring something from thier Luau for Ivy, and some nice warm sand to comfort and warm him.
:love::love::love:
Prayers for Dear Ivy, that he makes a full recovery.
:love::love::love::love:

katladyd
05-05-2009, 11:32 PM
I am praying for your beloved Ivy.

Pinot's Mom
05-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Prayers coming for poor little Ivy!

Yes, respiratory infections will affect eating habits, I know this one from lots of experience with Pinot. What they can't smell, they won't eat. I hope they get little Ivy's smeller back so he'll eat. (((((hugs)))) and prayers :love:.

Anikaca77
05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Prayers being sent for Ivy!

lvpets2002
05-06-2009, 11:31 AM
:love: How is our wittle Ivy today.. Any News?? Update Please

doolittleky
05-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I called last night to see how he was doing and at that time his blood glucose was normal again but he hadn't eaten yet. I called today before I went to work and they said he gets another BG at 4 and last night he did eat some and he also ate some today. So I was happy to hear that one. Thanks for all you prayers and keep them coming that he will recover completely so I can take him home( to my friend's).
Melissa

Kirsten
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Glad to read that he ate!
Best wishes to him for his recovery!

Kirsten

phesina
05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
So glad to read that Ivy is doing better. You are doing just great, little guy.. keep on keeping on!

More prayers are coming, and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=pet%20t and then click on the one labeled ivyPM).

lvpets2002
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
:love: So glad to hear Ivy is eating some now.. Keep up the good eating wittle Ivy.. Sending lots of Huggss & Prayers.. Get well real soon Ivy..

orangemm
05-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Way to go, Ivy!! You keep eating now, you hear!? Good boy!!:D:love:

rg_girlca
05-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh Melissa, prayers on the way that your precious boy, "Ivy" continues to eat and he has a full and speedy recovery.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}for you my dear.

snowbelle15
05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Awh :( Ivy will be in my prayers. I hope he recovers soon.

Pinot's Mom
05-07-2009, 08:47 PM
c'mon Ivy - we're all pulling for you, and Pinot says she thinks she knows how you're feeling, so if you want to talk, she's here!!

Anikaca77
05-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Prayers for Ivy.

Melissa

LionHart
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Keeping Ivy and you in thought and prayer.:love:

doolittleky
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2149374#post2149374