PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, please wish me lots of luck...

Kfamr
05-04-2009, 04:42 PM
My 'rents and I just put in an offer on my first house (I'll be paying but I have NO credit (never wanted a credit card in my life) so they have to help me get it.)

3 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage, pool (Kiara will be happy!) walking distance to beach and my favorite park! It needs TLC, some sweat equity, lots of yard work, paint, etc. but it's what I want - a home I can make my own. The master bedroom is HUGE and has it's own set of sliders into the pool area. It also has 2 skylights.

I'll take photos and show you more if it becomes mine! These were taken from the website.

Here's to hoping the bank accepts our offer and I'm able to get my first house!!! If that's the case, everyone's welcome to my housewarming party and to help me come paint. ;)

Karen
05-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh, good luck, Kay! We'll be wishing and hoping for you! This is a big first step, but with the current downturn in Florida real estate prices, it's the perfect opportunity for you! :)

chocolatepuppy
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
All fingers and paws crossed here Kay!!!:D

Medusa
05-04-2009, 05:50 PM
The house looks pretty nice to me. Maybe it won't take as much sweat equity as you think. Fingers and paws crossed here....

Laura's Babies
05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Wow! I love how open it is! GOOD LUCK!

(It don't look like it needs much work to me)

snowbelle15
05-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Looks like a nice house. :) Good luck!

Karen
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Wow! I love how open it is! GOOD LUCK!

(It don't look like it needs much work to me)

I'd trust Kay's - and her Dad's - word on the fact that it needs some TLC. After all, those pictures are from the Realtor's website, and probably 'cleaned up" for public appeal!

Still, we are pulling for you, Kay!

DJFyrewolf36
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Prayers on the way! :love:

beeniesmom
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Fingers crossed! Congratulations in advance gal!

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Good luck!!

Alysser
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
It's very spacious! I'm wishing you luck, Kay, that house is gorgeous. :D

luvofallhorses
05-04-2009, 08:32 PM
All paws and claws crossed here. Good luck Kay! :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
It needs TLC, some sweat equity, lots of yard work, paint, etc.
but it's what I want - a home I can make my own.

everyone's welcome to my housewarming party and to help me come paint. ;)

:cool:
Looks pretty *spiffie* to me!
Any 'gators in the pool?

As for 'painting' - you'll have to lay it out as a Paint-by-the-Numbers job -
I don't do *colors* so good. :p :o

When the tyme is right - *register* yourself with some of the stores that
feature Gift Registeries and online Shopping.

That's a good way to get some House-Warming Gifts that you can really use.
And summa the stuff might even *match*! ;)

GOOD LUCK on your offer!!
:)

Zippy
05-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Fingers and Paws crossed for you,Kay :)

cassiesmom
05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Here's to hoping the bank accepts our offer and I'm able to get my first house!!! If that's the case, everyone's welcome to my housewarming party and to help me come paint. ;)

You got it! Anything to be around the precious Muttlies! When my college roommate and her husband bought their first house, the former owner's daughter's bedroom was purple -- about the same shade as Zippy's signature background. It took a lot of primer, so I can say I am good with primer. The suggestion about gift registry is a terrific one!

carole
05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Wow i would love to own a house like that one, it is lovely and spacious and a pool and two bathrooms, pure luxury to me, i sure hope they accept your offer Kay,good luck.:)

cyber-sibes
05-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Good luck, Kay. It's cute - and sounds like its in a perfect location. Paws crossed!

blue
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
PT pool party!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
It looks great.:) I sure hope that you'll get it. Good luck.:)

Felicia's Mom
05-05-2009, 09:11 AM
I hope you get it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!:D

Bengalz
05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Outstanding! You have all paws and claws crossed here:D

caseysmom
05-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Its a great time to buy and it will be a great investment for you. Which muttlies are gonna go with you? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Pinot's Mom
05-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Everything crossed here as well! Good luck!

...and I like Blue's suggestion - PT Pool Party!

:D

anna_66
05-05-2009, 09:57 AM
The best of luck to you Kay!

gini
05-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Perfect timing to buy a home. Kay - I sure hope that you get it. It looks open and airy - a nice home for you and the kids.

lizbud
05-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Best of luck with the offer.:) The house looks great to me.

lvpets2002
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
:) Good Luck.. Besure to let us all know when we need to say Congrats..

Kfamr
05-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the wishes everyone. I really hope they accept the offer and it's mine! We'll know by today or tomorrow.

I'm undecided on who's coming with me. Kiara and Mufasa for sure. They would go nuts without me. Simba is staying with my parents for sure. I don't feel right taking him away from his home of 11 years. I don't see him being comfortable anywhere else. As for Nala, it's a tough decision. I don't want to take her away from Simba, they're best friends. But at the same time, her and I have built a strong relationship over the past few years and I really think she sees me as her person. I also think I'm more suited for Nala than my parents. They can't walk her and she listens to me a lot better.

So, I don't know? :confused:

As for a pool party, I'm so down! As long as you don't mind dog hair floating in my pool, you're welcome!

gemini9961
05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I hope it works out for you Kay!

caseysmom
05-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Good luck, maybe Nala can have visitation between the homes.

wolf_Q
05-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Good luck Kay! I'm jealous, I'd love to have my own house. Are you going to have roommates or just you and the pups? I may have to come visit and see it if you get it. :cool:

*LabLoverKEB*
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
GOOD LUCK KAY!! All fingers and paws crossed here!

I was wondering the same thing as Amy... are you going to have a roommate?

;)

Kfamr
05-05-2009, 04:13 PM
:( Didn't get it. The search continues...

Some invester offered them full price CASH for it. He's most likely going to flip it and sell it for way more than any normal person can afford.

Medusa
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I hope I don't sound trite when I say that it just means that your house is still waiting for you. I'm sorry that you didn't get it but better things are waiting. Keep the faythe. :love:

beeniesmom
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh crap! I am so sorry.
Don't worry too much though. It's a buyers market and you'll find something even better. In the meantime, you can save up some more money and try to get some credit (have your folks change one house bill.... like the phone or cable in your name).

caseysmom
05-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry, big hugs and keep looking there's more out there.

wolf_Q
05-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Kay. :( I'm sure you will find something.

anna_66
05-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Well that stinks. I'm sure there's something out there even better for you!

aTailOf2Kitties
05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Some invester offered them full price CASH for it. He's most likely going to flip it and sell it for way more than any normal person can afford.man I hate that! When my boyfriend and I were house hunting the same thing happened to us a couple times. Hang in there kid, you'll probably stumble across the perfect house when you least expect it. We got our current house while trying to visit an old friend. He wasn't home but I noticed a nice little house next door with a "for sale" sign in the yard. It had been out so long the number had faded off the sign and the grass was nearly covering it. Did some digging through county records, tracked down the owner and got it at a huge discount since it was a major fixer-upper! The owner was in poor health and just decided he didn't want to mess with fixing it up anymore. Just needed a little paint, a good mowing and oh yeah, there was a big hole in the living room carpet where they cut the body out. <<<-True story!

k9krazee
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh bummer :(

I was ready to hop in my car and make a little trip. I love painting! :p

finn's mom
05-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Man, what a bummer. Medusa's right, though, it just means that your heart house is still out there! We had the same problem recently when we put a loan in for some land to build a home on. It was perfect, and we were *so close* to getting it. The only reason we didn't was because the streets the lot is on are privately owned and not publicly. Lame. ;) But, I've just had to keep it in mind that it will happen for us when it's the right time and place. Keep your eyes open, I will add your house search to our prayers for one, too! :D

chocolatepuppy
05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry Kay. Your dream house will come along.;)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear this Kay! Keep your chin up, your dream house awaits you!:)

CountryWolf07
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh no.. boo! I wish you luck into finding your perfect house. :) You will find it sooner or later.

Pinot's Mom
05-06-2009, 10:24 AM
:(
I'm sorry to hear that, but as others have said, there's a reason-it might be that really wasn't your house. You'll find it! :)

NoahsMommy
05-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Awww, Kay I'm sorry it didn't work out. But, I'll echo the others, as soon as you find "the one" you'll look back and be able to see that what you end up with will be better for you and the pups in many more ways. :)

Lots of luck in finding the perfect home for you and the puppers. I can't wait to see your new home!

Hugs and Love,
Kelly :) :love: :) :love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Kay, I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work out.:( I know there's a wonderful house out there just waiting for you and the muttlies. Good luck.:)