PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Cleaning for my Buddy

happylabs
05-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Buddy is scheduled for teeth cleaning tomorrow. I have not had to take any cats in for this yet. They want Buddy to fast after 6:00 p.m. this evening. I was originally supposed to take him in at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. Because of my job, and also because I wasn't sure I could keep him from food and water with the other cats around, I decided to take him this evening after work. You all are going to think I am so silly but I feel badly for making him have to spend the night there in a crate all alone. He is going to be so confused and not understand why he is there. I guess maybe this is going to bother me more than it is him. What do you think?

carole
05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Oh been there done that, yes one feels guilty all right, but just remember you are doing him a favour by getting his teeth seen to, certainly saves many problems down the line, hope it all goes well for him and don't worry too much he will be just fine, HUGS.:)

Medusa
05-05-2009, 06:13 AM
My vet allows them to have water, just no food. I wouldn't worry too much, though, because I think you're right, it's probably harder on you than it is on Buddy. He'll be fine. :)