PDA

View Full Version : Smokey

IRescue452
05-03-2009, 09:31 PM
My sister's 1.5 year old cat, Smokey, died unexpectedly this morning. Late last night she was looking for him and found him in the basement. He was barely able to walk and bloated badly. He died shortly after. Whatever it was came on quickly because he had been fine that morning. My mom doesn't have the money to spend on an autopsy that won't get the cat back, so I guess we'll never know. We don't have poisons in the house so we think he either ate something that got blocked (but death within a day?) or he was playing and hurt his lower back somehow (he didn't meow in pain when we felt over him). Smokey is now buried in the backyard. My sister's really depressed. He was a good cat. Sleep well Smokey.

Taz_Zoee
05-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Oh no, that is so sad. I am so sorry. It's so hard not knowing the reason for a sudden death in such a young kitty.

RIP Smokey

Medusa
05-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Oh I am sorry. It's bad enough when expected but when it's sudden and unexpected, it's especially painful. RIP, Smokey and peace to your family. :love:

GILL
05-04-2009, 04:11 PM
RIP Smoky you will be missed.

Laura's Babies
05-04-2009, 04:25 PM
That is so sad! RIP baby Smokey.

Karen
05-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Rest in peace, Smokey!

catmandu
05-04-2009, 05:45 PM
We have haerd that Smokey Angel and Ebony Beau Tubster Angel are friends now, as they both passed on too soon , before the age of two.
:(
But tell your sister that sadly Cats sometimes get into things, and have sad consequences , that addage that curiousity killed the Cat is sadly all too true.
But Smokeys an Animal Angel Army Cat now in Hawaii and will find a wonderful place where her family and she can be together, furrever in love.
One Fine Day.

kb2yjx
05-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Sleep softly, sweet Smokey...

rg_girlca
05-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh Gosh, I am so sorry on the loss of your sister's cat. So young to be passing on to the RB.:(

My sympathies are with you and your sister at this sad time.
May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace dear Smokey.

momtomany
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I am so sorry for loss of sweet Smokey. Play happily at the bridge sweet one.