PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court vacancy?

Grace
04-30-2009, 10:27 PM
It is being reported in the NY Times, Washington Post and on Drudge that David Souter will resign at the end of the current term.

Perhaps Justice Ginsburg will get her wish for another woman to join her on the Court.

blue
04-30-2009, 10:44 PM
It is being reported in the NY Times, Washington Post and on Drudge that David Souter will resign at the end of the current term.

Perhaps Justice Ginsburg will get her wish for another woman to join her on the Court.

I predict this will not bode well for our Constitution. A trifecta for the Liberals in the making.

ETA: We should be beyond gender by now in this country, it should be about content of character not race or gender.

Puckstop31
05-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Meh.. Out with one left leaning justice.... In with another.

I'll take bets that we won't hear the word "constuctionist" once during the process. LOL

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Yee Haw!!!!

Karen
05-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Boy oh boy, I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision. No matter who is chosen, every pundit across the world will be dissecting every detail of his or her existence, and deciding whose agenda the person was chosen to pursue.

There is no human being alive who will make the "perfect" candidate - some will instantly hate and distrust him or her, no matter what!

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Boy oh boy, I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision. No matter who is chosen, every pundit across the world will be dissecting every detail of his or her existence, and deciding whose agenda the person was chosen to pursue.

There is no human being alive who will make the "perfect" candidate - some will instantly hate and distrust him or her, no matter what!

Such is the burden of leadership Karen!

smokey the elder
05-01-2009, 02:02 PM
It may be best to pick a relative no-name like Souter. Fewer targets on his/her back...:p