PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of Diesel the pittie <pic>

wolf_Q
04-30-2009, 06:45 PM
I did a portrait of my friend's pittie, Diesel, as a gift for her birthday. Okay I also used it as a final project for school, I got two things out of the way at once. ;)

It's acrylic, she wanted one in bright colors. The scanner and cameras kept making the reddish color brighter than the blue it looks better in person. I think I'm going to start doing some more like this, if anyone is interested in one like it let me know (I can do it in normal colors too).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/wolf_Q/PetsAcrylic/Dieselcolors.jpg

Here's Diesel posing with it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/dieselwpic.jpg

And while I'm at it I finally framed this pastel so here's a pic of that too
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/amywolfpastel.jpg

Here's a funny pic of Skya for good measure. She's now 10 1/2 months and 31.5 lbs. I have a bunch of new pics of all three from watching their friend Shilo and a hike but I haven't had time to go through any of them yet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/skyaweird.jpg]

happylabs
04-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Wow!!! Those are both awesome. You are talented girl! I really love the bright colored portrait.

Seravieve
04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Wow. Those are both awesome. I really, really, really like the picture of Diesel. And I never would have guessed that the wolf print was pastels.. You're very talented.

MonicanHonda
04-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Awesome pictures! I love artwork of animals. It's the only kind I really do. Lol They're amazing!

Jags mom
05-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Beautiful pieces, I love working with chalk pastel, I just wish I knew how to mix mediums. but again stunning work

WELOVESPUPPIES
05-01-2009, 06:08 AM
WOW the one you did of Diesel is cool. The pastel is absolutely gorgeous. You are very talented.

Do you do pastels for others too? I may ask hubby for something like this for one of my Christmas presents. Maybe I can get a nice picture of all my pups in one.

PM me any info, like sizes and prices....

gorgeous work, both of them.

anna_66
05-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Awesome Amy!

And give Skya a belly rub from me:D

stace1319
05-01-2009, 07:21 AM
wow! you have alot of talent! those are both great!

Varga
05-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Absolutely amazing. I took a look at your website and I must say, I am green with jealousy :p I wish I had just a little bit of your talent ;)

WELOVESPUPPIES
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
well duh....I see you have a website LOL. I took a look. I may be contacting you really soon. How long does it normally take you? Is it easier to have individual pictures of pups to put into one or try to get one picture of everyone?

I accidently deleted my siggy, but I have Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh so big difference in size.

.sarah
05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Wow Amy that is AWESOME!!! I love it!! The second one is fantastic as well. You are super talented!

Daisy and Delilah
05-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Beautiful work, Amy. You are amazing and surprise me more and more every time. I love the colors in the acrylic. If it looks better in person, it has to be breathtaking. Great job.:)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Wow, Amy! You are so incredibly talented!! Your drawings/paintings just amaze me!!!!:eek: I would love to have one done of my Sadie girl!

wolf_Q
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Sorry I was on away on a little road trip for the weekend otherwise I would have replied earlier. How long it takes just depends on how complicated the portrait is/how busy I am. I'm not going to school for the summer so I should have more time right now. I have one portrait to finish first. It's easier to put individual pictures together, as I know from experience its really hard to get a good photo of all of them at once...so you could pick your favorites of all of them and I can combine it.

well duh....I see you have a website LOL. I took a look. I may be contacting you really soon. How long does it normally take you? Is it easier to have individual pictures of pups to put into one or try to get one picture of everyone?

I accidently deleted my siggy, but I have Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh so big difference in size.