PDA

View Full Version : Cat facts!

Randi
04-30-2009, 03:56 PM
As I was searching for the famous Glenturret distillery cat, Towser, who lived to be 24 years old and has the World record as a mouser, I came across this - Towser is of course mentioned. :)

http://www.oddrob.com/catFacts.asp

lvpets2002
04-30-2009, 04:08 PM
:eek: WoW that was so interesting.. I had to print me & my boss a copy already.. Thanks for posting..

catmandu
04-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Some truly mazing Cat Facts there , and I will transfer this to my Cat File so I can study this at my leisure!!!
Thank You So Much!!!!:love::):love::):love:

lvpets2002
05-01-2009, 08:53 AM
:) I have so much enjoyed the reading.. Everyone with Cats needs to read..

GILL
05-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Those are some amazing facts, great post, thank you.

Pinot's Mom
05-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Hmm....
"Female felines are "superfecund," which means that each of the kittens in her litter can have a different father."
...did not know that.

"An estimated 50% of today's cat owners never take their cats to a veterinarian for health care."
...did not WANT to be aware of THAT!

"If your cat hides and then runs out and pounces on you, she is acting out her instinctive hunting ritual."
...she doesn't bother to hide, what does that mean?

"If you do not respond when your cat talks to you, it will soon lose the urge to communicate with you."
...my husband needs to read that! I talk back to her all the time!

"25% of cat owners blow dry their cats hair after a bath."
...I didn't know it was that common to BATHE a cat!

"A cat that bites you after you have rubbed his stomach, is probably biting out of pleasure, not anger."
...good to know!

"Cats are more active during the evening hours."
...I don't think anyone had to tell any of us that!!

"Hebrew folklore believes that cats came about because Noah was afraid that rats might eat all the food on the ark. He prayed to God for help. God responded by making the lion sneeze a giant sneeze -- and out came a little cat!"
....never heard that....awww!!

Thanks! :)

smokey the elder
05-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I love the one about the lion sneezing out the kitty!

Randi
05-01-2009, 10:37 AM
"25% of cat owners blow dry their cats hair after a bath."
...I didn't know it was that common to BATHE a cat!
Neither did I. I could not believe that so many give their cat a bath - a cat is not supposed to be bathed by humans, they do an excellent job cleaning themselves. Of course, if they have covered in mud or are sick, it's a different story.

lvpets2002
05-01-2009, 12:48 PM
:) Now my Autumn loves baths.. She is so so bigg & has such long furr that I think thats why she enjoys it so much.. Its like a Spa to her.. Now Zolene & Harley dont like them at all.. They only get butt baths if they potty on themselves.. Remember they are bad CH.. However it is correct I use the Hairdryer on them.. I do not leave them wet at all..

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Randi! Work to do and I have spent the time reading cats facts! Now I must get back to work!