PDA

View Full Version : April Showers w/in Coming May Flowers Thursday 314

lvpets2002
04-30-2009, 12:44 PM
:) Ok Lets admire all the May Flowers of their beauty.. Hey we might can get Lut to come over & share her Tulip pics.. Yes thats correct Orc we will need Flowers for Mothers Day.. Lets get things cleaned up & grass cut & ready for a Bigg Cook Out for Mothers Day.. Yes I know Orc I dont know where Richard or David is.. Hey we will open up the Bar & get things to going.. Come on in & bring a plate of snacks & some drinks of choice..:cool:

Pinot's Mom
04-30-2009, 02:14 PM
;)
I'm so glad you opened the bar! I was beginning to wonder. :confused:
Orc, how about a Vodka/Tonic (with lime) to drink, and maybe we'll have some light munchies for the warmer weather. Something that makes us feel like a picnic ... HOW ABOUT LOBSTER SALAD CANAPES?? Think you can handle that, Orc, I know you can! Here's the recipe...

(1 1/2-pound) live lobster
2 thick seedless cucumbers (usually plastic-wrapped; at least 1 3/4 inches in diameter), cut into 36 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeņo chile (including seeds)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup finely diced peeled mango
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro

Garnish: thinly sliced fresh cilantro
Special equipment: a 1 1/2-inch scalloped round cookie cutter (optional)

Cook lobster. While lobster is cooling, cut each cucumber slice with scalloped cutter (if using), discarding trimmings. Whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice (to taste), jalapeņo, salt, and a pinch of pepper.

When lobster is cool, remove meat from claws, joints, and tail, discarding tomalley, roe, and shells. Cut meat into 1/4-inch pieces. Add lobster, mango, celery, onion, and cilantro to dressing and toss well.

Top each cucumber round with 1 rounded teaspoon lobster salad.

Now, don't hurt yourself with the cookie cutter, Orc, and don't forget the fresh flowers on the bar! :)

aTailOf2Kitties
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Dang, I forgot it was even Thursday:eek:. Well since it's a virtual bar, give me the stiffest virtual drink ya got. I'm gonna get virtually smashed and start getting chummy with virtually everyone. I'll try not to scuff the tables I'm virtually dancing on.;)
Orc, gimme another!

davidpizzica
04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm here, store bought choppers and all! I guess I can try 'em out on the good food. Orc, let me use the lawn mower, you're starting to run over some flower beds. I'm a professional!

smokey the elder
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
We went from nearly 90 F on Tuesday to 50s and windy, so I'll have a decaf with Bailey's, and one of those yummy lobster concoctions (no, Little Orange Kitten...NOT for kitties!)

lvpets2002
04-30-2009, 03:56 PM
:eek: WoW this looks so good.. I know the kitties said Lobster yum yum.. Ok Orc give the lawn mower to David && come & tend the bar till Richard gets here.. Ok drinks coming up.. Roco says he will get some CatNip Tea going for Pinot & the kitty babies.. Lets me go invite Lut to bring some Tulip pics over to show David.. David dont be too upset with Orc running over your flowers.. :D
;)
I'm so glad you opened the bar! I was beginning to wonder. :confused:
Orc, how about a Vodka/Tonic (with lime) to drink, and maybe we'll have some light munchies for the warmer weather. Something that makes us feel like a picnic ... HOW ABOUT LOBSTER SALAD CANAPES?? Think you can handle that, Orc, I know you can! Here's the recipe...

(1 1/2-pound) live lobster
2 thick seedless cucumbers (usually plastic-wrapped; at least 1 3/4 inches in diameter), cut into 36 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeņo chile (including seeds)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup finely diced peeled mango
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro

Garnish: thinly sliced fresh cilantro
Special equipment: a 1 1/2-inch scalloped round cookie cutter (optional)

Cook lobster. While lobster is cooling, cut each cucumber slice with scalloped cutter (if using), discarding trimmings. Whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice (to taste), jalapeņo, salt, and a pinch of pepper.

When lobster is cool, remove meat from claws, joints, and tail, discarding tomalley, roe, and shells. Cut meat into 1/4-inch pieces. Add lobster, mango, celery, onion, and cilantro to dressing and toss well.

Top each cucumber round with 1 rounded teaspoon lobster salad.

Now, don't hurt yourself with the cookie cutter, Orc, and don't forget the fresh flowers on the bar! :)

davidpizzica
04-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm not too upset, Orc just ran over a couple of them. With Lut's help, we'll replace them.

lvpets2002
04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
:cool: Thanks David.. I have PM Lut to bring some pics over when she gets back on PT.. Its prob night time where she is at.. Hey the Lawn is looking Good David..
I'm not too upset, Orc just ran over a couple of them. With Lut's help, we'll replace them.

cassiesmom
04-30-2009, 08:53 PM
I can't enjoy the flowers because it's Still Raining in Chicago! (Note to Mother Nature -- they're not May showers, you know, so you can turn the faucet off tonight.) Flood watches and everything. Could I have coffee, please? Wait, it's nearly 9 PM - decaf coffee, please.

Pinot's Mom
04-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Orc was only following instructions; he was told to get fresh flowers for the bar, and the lawnmower seemed logical! It's OK Orc...now, another round and some more lobster, please!!:)

DJFyrewolf36
05-01-2009, 01:18 AM
I'll take an early birthday drink :D and whatever food item is on the menu!

Things are starting to fall in place, and I'm glad for that.

lvpets2002
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
:) Yes your so right.. Orc always means very well with his actions.. He is a good ole fellow.. Ok drinks coming right up.. Who wants Breakfast?? Some good sausage & eggss & pancakes w/syrup.. Orc now I am putting you in charge of cooking.. So be very nice with the eggss & syrup ok.. :p I will get some Irish Moca coming..
Orc was only following instructions; he was told to get fresh flowers for the bar, and the lawnmower seemed logical! It's OK Orc...now, another round and some more lobster, please!!:)

Here is a Egg & Sausage Caserole

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/exps32601_TH952496D16A.jpg

davidpizzica
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Orc's doing a real good job on the lawn. I could have used him at Longue Vue! Anything left over from breakfast? As long as it's soft I can have it. I'm still trying to get used to my new dentures.

Pinot's Mom
05-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I think it's soft enough for you; just work around the sausage! :)

lvpets2002
05-01-2009, 03:08 PM
:) Yes Ole Orc can make a pretty good hand when he wants to behave.. Yup David lets get out the Slush Machine & make so Frothies.. Pinots mom do you have a good recipe?? Oh they will be so yummy..:cool:

davidpizzica
05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
:) Yes Ole Orc can make a pretty good hand when he wants to behave.. Yup David lets get out the Slush Machine & make so Frothies.. Pinots mom do you have a good recipe?? Oh they will be so yummy..:cool:

C'mon, Orc! Let's get the ole ceement mixer going for those slushies! I can use one right now!!

Moesha
05-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Has anyone seen RICHARD lately? Someone better check to see if he is passed out under one of the tables.

davidpizzica
05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I haven't seen RICHARD all day. I might have to look for him in the dreaded L & F! Do you think Orc needs help at the bar?

Moesha
05-01-2009, 05:28 PM
David, you many need to check L&F, RICHARD has been absent for a couple of days. Holler if you need some backup.

RICHARD
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
computer crashed, am posting via ps2....lol, i even got online with celphone? me? on a c phone? l and f is spooky in the dark

Pinot's Mom
05-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh Goodness, I'm sorry, I hadn't checked in and didn't know my culinary expertise was requested, please forgive me!!! Orc, get the slushie maker in gear - here we go!
:)
INGREDIENTS
9 cups water
2 (10 ounce) cans frozen strawberry daiquiri mixer
2 cups white sugar
2 cups vodka
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
4 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of water and sugar to boil. Cool. Stir in daiquiri mix, vodka, orange juice and strawberries. Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container, and freeze until mixture is to your desired consistency.
To serve: Pour into a chilled glass, approximately 2/3 cup of the slush mixture and 1/3 cup of lemon-lime soda. Delicious.

A simpler recipe that's used on our deck all the time:
Fresh Strawberries
Banana if you've got it, maybe some yogurt
Rum to taste
Whatever juice is in the 'fridge
Ice
Powdered Sugar to taste

Throw it all in a blender, top it with whipped cream if you've got it, put it in a tall glass, stick a straw in it, grab your spouse and the kitty - get on the deck and enjoy!! :cool:

blue
05-01-2009, 10:16 PM
computer crashed, am posting via ps2....lol, i even got online with celphone? me? on a c phone? l and f is spooky in the dark

Send me you computer and booze money, I fix for you.

Ill include cheeseburger for Ed.

gini
05-02-2009, 10:32 AM
It is Saturday morning and I thought I would drop by and fix breakfast for everyone.

Waffles with some of Karen's special syrup!
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon (crispy)
Sausages
Hashed Brown Potatoes
Fresh fruit
Coffee with Bailey's if you want
Fresh squeezed orange juice.

It's all set up on the bar - help yourself!

lvpets2002
05-02-2009, 10:41 AM
:) Yes Yum Yum = Gini some of that good breakfast please.. Also pinot's mom could I get one of those yummy stawberrie Slushes.. Boy Howdy my Sat is going to be good..

davidpizzica
05-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Thank you, Gini! They are all soft foods, so I can break in (not literally!) my new dentures. Coffee & Bailey's will hit the spot, too.

Pinot's Mom
05-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Sorry, I'm checking in a little late! A round of Strawberry Slushies for all, unless it's time for a Mint Julep for the race! You can still have breakfast for supper as well, if you're in the mood! Crispy bacon is good any time! :)

RICHARD
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Blue,
when my comp crashed I spent your booze money on kleenex-I cried .... It's a piece of crap that ran win 98...I have a local store that has good deals on new comps-thanks to you and all who offered some help!

Before I forget? HAPPY B-DAY to Gini and DJ!
DONE!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-05-2009, 07:47 AM
OOPS.........:o , I haven't been on the forum lately, so I did nOT see thos post and lvpets pm.....!Lots of mayflowers here, remember the pics I posted a week ago :)