PDA

View Full Version : My first time posting here .... introduction.

Twisterdog
09-25-2002, 11:01 PM
Hi! This is my first post here, and I thought I'd introduce myself.

I own a boarding kennel and grooming shop. I volunteer at the local humane society, where I foster/rehab dogs. I also do some breed rescue.

I own eight dogs of my own, and currently have four foster dogs. (Which are turning into quite long-term fosters. ;) ) I also have eleven birds, two fish and a snake.

Here is a link to my dogs' webpage, if you would like to see them: http://www.geocities.com/lotza_dogz/

I'm looking forward to posting and reading on this board. :)

Karen
09-25-2002, 11:12 PM
Welcome! So which dog is your username after - Twisterdog? :) Is that a current dog? What kinds do you have?

Twisterdog
09-25-2002, 11:18 PM
Actually, Twister was a very long-term foster dog that I thought I would never find a home for! Sweet, sweet dog, but she had some issues! The first message board I ever posted to, I just made up a name really quick because I didn't know what I was doing .... "Ummmm.... Twisterdog." Well, years later, I only want to try to remember one user name ... so it is still Twisterdog. Twister has been in her wonderful forever home for almost a year now, and she is doing great! :)

Twisterdog
09-25-2002, 11:22 PM
Oops, I forgot to answer your second question!

I have a jindo, an American cocker spaniel, an Australian cattle dog, a smooth fox terrier, a Jack Russell terrier, a Jack Russell/Beagle mix, a smooth fox terrier/chihuahua mix and a whippet/pointer mix.

My foster dogs are currently a smooth fox terrier, a greyhound/pit bull mix, an unknown fuzzy terrier mix, and an Australian cattle dog.

popcornbird
09-26-2002, 01:01 AM
WOW! 11 birds! :eek: Lucky you! I have two cockatiels and they are the sweetest things! What kinds of birds do you have? I love birds! We'll love to see pictures of your birds in Pet General if you don't mind! :) There are many others who have birds here as well.

Cookiebaker
09-26-2002, 05:40 AM
Hi Twisterdog, welcome to Pettalk! I just checked out your website & your dogs are absolutely soooo cute and beautiful!! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-26-2002, 06:20 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif

Hope you enjoy Pet Talk as much as we do! I checked out your web site and you have a beautiful furry bunch! All of your pups are so adorable!

tatsxxx11
09-26-2002, 06:20 AM
A big welcome to you Twisterdog!! What a great furfamily you have there!! And what wonderful work you do in fostering those pupsters!!:) I help out part time at my friend's boarding kennel which also provides grooming services. We also hold obedience and agilitly classes. I'd love to compares notes! I hope you stay with us. It's a great group!!

lv4dogs
09-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Welcome to pet talk! I loved your dogs, very adorable & cute descriptions!

trisha0503
09-26-2002, 08:31 AM
H Twisterdog! Welcome to Pet Talk! I just checked your website and furbabies and your bird are all so beautiful!!! Nice stories too! YOu'll enjoy here at Pet Talk, peple here are very nice and very friendly.

***W A R N I N G*** - Pet Talk is very addictive!!!!!:D :D

Keep your posts coming!!!:)

ramanth
09-26-2002, 08:50 AM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!! :D

You have some beautiful furbabies and LittleBirds story is just so amazing. :D

I'm a sucker for Blue Heelers ever since I adopted Kia. She a Husky/Heeler mix. :)

Like popcorn bird, I'd love to see pics of your other animals as well.

And what kind of snakes do you have?

AdoreMyDogs
09-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Welcome, welcome, welcome! I think you will fit right in with all those wonderful fur and feather and scale kids you have :) I thought your dogs were SO beautiful, and the little starling, too, but I would really love to meet the rest of your gang. Get that camera a clickin' :)

I have two rescue dogs: Graham the aussie mix and Kersey the GSD/rottie mix. I also have a little grey and white rescue kitty named Minion.

Welcome again and have fun becoming addicted to the site :)

anna_66
09-26-2002, 09:39 AM
http://w1.501.telia.com/~u50108667/pochacco.gifGood to have you here!http://w1.501.telia.com/~u50108667/pochacco.gif

I took a gander at your site, it's great! I love all your animals, do you have any more pics to share? We LOVE pics!

Tina
09-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Hello and Welcome!! I'm sure that you will enjoy it here!http://216.40.241.68/contrib/lynx/prplhappy.gif

Albea
09-26-2002, 10:33 AM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!
You will find a home away from home here. I haven't checked you Web site yet, but I'm sure all your furry and feathered friends are wonderful.

ellensy
09-26-2002, 10:58 AM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!

aly
09-26-2002, 12:24 PM
WELCOME!!!

Wow, I have been ooh'ing and aah'ing at the pictures on your website for a while now! What wonderful work you do with the fostering and rescuing. I am so happy to see you and your furbabies here at Pet Talk. I hope you will find it as addicting as the rest of us do!!

I work at a humane society and volunteer at another humane society here. Both my dogs came from the shelter, and my kitty came from a parking lot. I also do fostering and am looking for a bigger place so I can do even more :) I dream and dream that I can someday have about as many dogs as you do!!

Once again, WELCOME! I'm going to go look back at your website again.

jenluckenbach
09-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi twisterdog,
I love to hear about people with MULTIPLE animals. It makes me feel more "normal". I have 11 cats and 17 mice. I'd love to know what type of birds you have.
Have fun with pet talk, and I can confirm that it is VERY addicting:rolleyes:

K9karen
09-26-2002, 01:12 PM
What a beautiful website!! When did you find the time?? :eek: God Bless Your Heart!! Whan an angel of mercy you are! Very touching rescue stories and I LOVE happy endings!! Welcome to "our" PetTalk Family!!!

lovemymaltese
09-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, it's nice to meet you. What a bunch of cutie pies you have posted on your site. Is Jazz part wired-haired terrior? He looks a lot like my parents wired haired named Snoopy.

mugsy
09-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Ok, I've lost control, I could have sworn I posted earlier, but obviously I didn't!! Welcome aboard. I love the work you do and Thunder and Jack are my favorites. Thanks for doing the rescue and fostering thing. My husband and I have 16 rescue dogs. We look forward to hearing more stories.

mruffruff
09-26-2002, 02:21 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

Great website. I really enjoyed the stories.

Mary

Twisterdog
09-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Wow, thanks for making me feel so welcome! :D

Let's see if I can remember everyone's questions:

Jazz is probably some type of wire-haired terrier mix, but I don't know what. She is a bit larger than a wire hair fox terrier or a westie. She is the original velcro dog, her goal in life is to someday live inside my skin! ;)

I have, in addition to my starling that you saw a picture of, three budgies, six zebra finches and one society finch.

My snake (actually my son's snake, but you know how that goes :rolleyes: ) is a rough green snake. He eats only insects, which is nice for me, because I can sacrifice some cricket - no problem! - but I could not feed a mouse or rat to a snake, I'm too much of a softie.

I don't have any pictures of the other birds of the snake, because the digital camera bit the dust, but I have a lot of pictures of my dogs and former foster dogs. I'll have to do some reading and figure out how and where to post them.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Sudilar
09-26-2002, 06:47 PM
WELCOME

You're gonna love it here. It is addicting.

I am owned by 2 rescued GSDs:
Killian 8 1/2
Shiloh 4 1/2

KYS
09-26-2002, 07:03 PM
A very warm welcome to Pet Talk,

I will be Looking forward to your many stories you
must have to share. : )

Barbiro
09-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! I thought Mugsy had a lot of pets, you absolutely topped her -- how wonderful!!

I checked out your site and read your stories. What a bunch of personalities you have there. Looking forward to seeing more pics and reading your posts.

primabella
09-27-2002, 08:17 AM
welcome!!
:D