PDA

View Full Version : Bye-bye sweatpants!!!!!

pomtzu
04-30-2009, 07:54 AM
After 4 days of unseasonable temps in the 90's, I decided the cold weather gear just had to go. Yesterday I spent the day putting away the sweatpants and velour sets, and getting out the capris, lightweight slacks, sundresses, tank tops, etc. It's so refreshing to walk in to my closet now and see all those wonderful warm weather clothes hanging there. I hate the job of doing all of that, but just seeing the heavy gear stacked in the corner of the closet in space bags is enough to put a smile on my face. It's been too cold for too long and these old aching bones are more than ready for some warm (but not hot!) weather.
Anybody else ready to kiss winter good-bye finally? :D

Laura's Babies
04-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Winter clothes just take up so much room! (and I hate winters anyway). But you know don't you that as soon as you do that, another cold snap hits? That always happens to me..

I am packing to go back to work and warmer weather gear takes up so much less room to pack that I always feel like I am forgetting something important.

pomtzu
04-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Winter clothes just take up so much room! (and I hate winters anyway). But you know don't you that as soon as you do that, another cold snap hits?

I leave a few things out - just in case!!!

Taz_Zoee
04-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I was going to say if I had done that a couple weeks ago I would have been in trouble. It's in the 90's for a few days then dips back down and is freezing (yeah, freezing for California anyway:p) rainy and windy.
I had my summer pjs out then had to switch back to the long ones!!
But my wardrobe is all season anyway. LOL I don't have much to choose from in the first place.

Medusa
04-30-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm ready but the weather isn't. It was 85 two days in a row, then it dropped to the low 40's w/rain. Right now it's raining and it's 50 something. I'm so cold blooded; I can't stand being cold. Plus it makes me ache like a toothache all over, so I keep some of my sweats and velour suits out year 'round.

Donnaj4962
04-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I switched mine out a few weeks ago, and I was sorry. We got a cold snap right after (just as Laura's Babies said would happen!). But I also leave a few sweatshirts and lightweight sweaters out so I was okay.

The weather here in Indiana has been crazy also.... cold, then warm, then rain/cold/wind. You never know what to expect! I painted my toenails last weekend, ready for the sandals season, and haven't worn sandals all week because it's been so cold! :rolleyes::confused:

finn's mom
04-30-2009, 03:39 PM
As long as I can prepare before I leave the house, I'm ok with ups and downs. I don't prefer one season over another, but I do like four seasons! We either have hot or not here in Texas. ;) I won't enjoy this summer the way I have summers of the past, but I'm sure I'll find a new, different way to enjoy it. I'll hopefully be spending a lot of time in a pool or simply in AC (whether it be in my home or inside a museum, mall, aquarium or other building). I definitely don't want to spend my entire summer in my house, though!