PDA

View Full Version : Mat clipping mishap

columbine
04-29-2009, 10:23 PM
I thought I was pretty clever, figuring out that Snudge can get so wrapped up in rubbing his chin on a toothbrush that I could actually get hold of a mat and clip it off, rather than just chopping off the outer half of it. Well, he did eventually squeak and run off, but I got the whole mat... AND A BIT OF SKIN! :eek: I totally hadn't figured in how stretchy a cat's skin is. There wasn't any blood, but that was definitely skin at the base of the mat. All those times I'd only cut off "half" of a mat, I'd actually gotten most of it.

10 minutes later, Smudge was cute-ing at me for treats, for play, for cuddles. :love: He got Kitty Kaviar, a bonus bowl of his fancy paté, a game of Grab the Dragon, and lots of pets and snuggles. Now that he's getting his 3V Caps again, the rest of the mats will eventually grow out, but I'm going to be extra careful from now on! Moral of the story - Cat skin puts rubber to shame.

Love, a forgiven and grateful Columbine

Medusa
04-30-2009, 05:54 AM
This is precisely why I become concerned about Pidge's matting problems. I want to shave her a little bit more but the temp has dropped to the low 40's again so it'll have to wait. I'm glad that Smudge is none the worse for it. He knows his mom was only trying to help him. :love:

GILL
04-30-2009, 07:17 AM
I hate too say it but I think we all have done this. I know I felt so bad that my baby had trouble figuring why he got soooooooooooooo much loving.

kb2yjx
04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
That has happened to me, too!! Raven zigged when I zagged and I got her knee!!! OUCH!!! But, Princess Raven forgave me by supper time!!!!

lvpets2002
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
:eek: Ouch = I would have been devastated.. I am sure you was.. I hate using clippers on the babies = because they will move on you everytime.. Well so glad your baby is ok & no injuries..