PDA

View Full Version : Cat Treats

happylabs
04-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Do the kitty lovin PT'ers here buy kitty treats for their cats. I was just at the store at lunch time and saw Friskies has a brand of cat treats called "Party Mix". Made me laugh. I usually buy the Whiskas Temptations for my group. I always have them on hand but I don't give them out every day. Usually on the weekends I will get the bag and shake it and 4 cats automatically appear. I sit on the floor and Tinker, the littlest one of the bunch gets right in my face. She can inhale 3 or 4 of them at once. The other cats are more patient.

Pinot's Mom
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
There is ONE, and only ONE kitty treat Pinot will eat.
http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-5031171dt.jpg

DO NOT TRY TO GIVE HER A SUBSTITUTE - she'll ignore them & won't be happy about it!

By the way, my vet calls them the dietary equivalent of Barbecued Doritoes and says she shouldn't be getting more than one at a time; three a week.

lvpets2002
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
:love: My babies get each day after I get home from work a few Whiskas Temptations.. And trust me I have tried so many diff brands of treats & that is the only one they will eat..

Donnaj4962
04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
I always have some treats on hand, but my girls aren't always that interested. Tabby has to have the soft ones, and I break them into smaller pieces for her to make it easier on her digestion. Sasha likes the crunchier ones, and usually will leave the soft ones! :rolleyes:

So needless to say, not many treats being handed out at my house. Tabby begs fro my food every night; Sasha just comes to smell and walks away.

Taz_Zoee
04-29-2009, 01:01 PM
I never gave Taz treats until a few years ago when my neighbor bought some for him. Then more recently when I was trying to get him to eat anything I got some Whiskas Temptations.
Now days he gets some Greenies or the ones Pinot's Mom posted (since I got a bunch of them free from the shelter I volunteer with). Paizly only gets some if she happens to be in the room when Taz gets them. He usually gets a few a day. :)

happylabs
04-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I forgot to mention that Casey (dog) is usually in the line-up to get a cat treat. I usually throw her one or 2. I don't even think she realizes she ate anything they are so small for her! :D

Laura's Babies
04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Mine get treats every night. Can cat food with their medicine in it. They no longer care for the temptations and other stuff like that, preferring can food Anyday! They get no more than 1/2 a teaspoon and gobble it right up and are satisfied.

RedHedd
04-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Mitzi likes Whiskas Temptations, Pounce and Greenies. She gets some every day. It's so cute - she will high-five for her treats :)

Medusa
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Specs is the only one of my Fur Posse who doesn't like treats. None of them. So I give him a few bites of Buddig turkey meat and he likes that. Otherwise, I give them Greenies chicken and Whiskas Temptations. Pidge used to love Whisker Lickin's Tender Moments but she doesn't like them any more. Too much of a good thing, I guess.

catmandu
04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
:love::):):cool::D
Lately the Animal Welfare Association has been getting us sample bags of a new Holistic Cat Food Natures Harvest , four 6 ounce bags for a dollar, no taxes.
A lot less than Whiskas Temptations, and I would say just as popular , and better off for them too!!!!!!
:D:cool::love::):love:

aTailOf2Kitties
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
My guys will eat just about anything so I just get whatever I have a coupon for. But I still have bags of treats all over the place:p

Vermontcat
04-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Milly & Izzy love treats, they have Greenies in Chicken, Tuna & Salmon, they also like the soft Whisker Lickin's in Chicken & Salmon and they also have tried the Party Mix you mentioned.
They get their treats at bedtime & when they get their harnesses off after being out in the yard.
They both meow & sit up and beg for them & Milly can high five too.:)

columbine
04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Mine get treats every night. Can cat food with their medicine in it. They no longer care for the temptations and other stuff like that, preferring can food Anyday! They get no more than 1/2 a teaspoon and gobble it right up and are satisfied.That's Smudge's favorite too - granted, it's "gourmet" canned food (Natural Balance Green Pea & Venison) loaded with 3V Caps, Cosequin, fiber suppement, and extra water - but he'll keep telling me "my bowl is empty!" when the bowl next to it is still full of Natural Balance Green Pea & Duck kibble. But I want him to eat some dry food too, to keep his teeth clean, since he's allergic to the Aspergillus niger in tooth-cleaner treats. At first he gobbled the kibble and turned up his nose at the canned! Cats...

Every now and then I'll give him a few flakes of Kitty Kaviar, which is just dried fish. Maybe I'll sprinkle some on top of his kibble... hmm...

Love, Columbine

mruffruff
05-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Until recently, they only real treat the cats all agreed to eat was Temptations. I tried the Whisker Likins crunchy and they like them. I don't know how many I tried and ended up giving to the ouside cats.

They get a few every morning before I leave. Before bed, they all get a teaspoon of Fancy Feast dry. Don't tell them it isn't treats, just regular food. Too much of it creates smelly, loose poop.

emily_the_spoiled
05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
My guys will eat what ever treat is put in front of them :rolleyes:

I give them a few in the morning (so I can get out the door) and some at night when I give medication (in Pill Pockets). So needless to say, my guys get their fair share of treats. (And a couple of them try to get more by pushing the others out of the way :rolleyes:)

Randi
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm lucky that the human of the cat I catsat recently, brought back some Temptations for Fister, he loves them - but, he also loves certain canned foods, and a normal Royal Canin Sensitive dry food. He doesn't seem to realize they're for cats under 7 years old. :p I only give him very few though.

I asked my vet about Greenies for cats a few years ago, he has them for dogs, but still not for cats. Hopefully one day!