PDA

View Full Version : Am buying some new litter boxes.

jenluckenbach
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Not an exciting piece of news, but sometimes you just HAVE to replace your litter boxes!

Since I prefer hooded boxes and because I need SEVERAL, I shopped and shopped for prices.

I found this deal..........

http://www.amazon.com/HOODED-LITTER-PAN-SET-LARGE/dp/B000J1CJD6/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

These days I don't think you can beat $13.99 for a box with a hood.

I bought 10!! so I paid no shipping (that surely would have raised their price :rolleyes: )

In about a week the cats can explore their new potties. :o

PS, and I shopped through iGive.com. so the rescue group will benefit too. :cool:

moosmom
04-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Jen,

I use long deep storage bins and they work like a charm. Since my Budman is coming back, I'm getting another one so there'll be no accidents.

happylabs
04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
My kitties do not seem to like the hooded ones. I buy just the plain litter boxes at the Dollar store for like $3. I know...I am a cheapskate! :D
I like the pretty pink one on the link you sent though. :)

Taz_Zoee
04-28-2009, 11:56 AM
I REALLY like the pink one!!! I have a dome one for Paizly that is pink, but the thing I don't like about it is the lid doesn't latch to the bottom. So when I move it to vacuum I have to pick it up from the bottom. And the thing I do like about it is the lid doesn't latch to the bottom. So when I clean it out I just lift it off and set it back on. LOL
I might have to get this one though because she is getting much bigger and it might be time to get a larger one for her.

What colors did you get Jen??

jenluckenbach
04-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I think they might all be pink. And I love the hoods because I have some cats who pee while standing up, so the srteam hits the hood and runs down, (instead of hitting the wall behind the box). I am lucky that they never turn around to pee out the front. :p

Medusa
04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes, I'd say you got a deal alright! Wow! I like the hooded ones, too, for the same reason as you stated. When they go, they stick their heads out of the hood anyhow, so they're not inside w/their own stinky smell. Good deal, Jen!

kb2yjx
04-28-2009, 01:41 PM
We mostly have hooded ones, but we have one cat, who will do an OOPS when they pee over the opening!!! That is why we have paper towels and bleach!!! You got a great deal Jen!!!

Lizzie
04-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I tried covered litter boxes many years ago when I had a male cat called Sam who used to pee standing up. However, Sam was determined to get his pee out of the box and took to pretty much standing on his head so he could pee straight up through the vent in the cover. That was so hard to clean, I gave up and just covered the wall with plastic.

Laura's Babies
04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Boo is the only one of mine that will not use a hooded/covered box. She will (mind you) when she WANTS to but that is not often.

Those ARE really pretty and a darn good price Jen! You lucked up, plus FREE shipping too! WOW! This is your lucky day girl!

Moesha
04-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I would love if Morgan would use a hooded box. He is such a big cat and he doesn't like to be in the litter. He has 3 feet on the side when he does his business, either kind. But that means that some times it doesn't all go in the box. How deep are the storage boxes? I've heard of people using them before and have wondered about trying them. Would one of you that uses them please post a photo, so I can see how it works?

Good deal on the boxes though, Jen. Does iGive.com give more money than using goodshop.com from the goodsearch link? That's what I've been using for donating to your charity.

catmandu
04-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Has anyone use a circular or round litter box, which advertises that you dont have to dig the saturated litter out of the corner!!!
Thats always a pain , now I have bursitis!!!

Taz_Zoee
04-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Has anyone use a circular or round litter box, which advertises that you dont have to dig the saturated litter out of the corner!!!
Thats always a pain , now I have bursitis!!!

Yes, the one I talked about earlier that I have for Paizly is a round dome box with the hood. And that is absolutely true, it's easier to get the stuff out. No digging in corners. :D

Here (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750510) is the one I have for Paizly only hers is light pink. Although I like the purple but they didn't have those at the store where I got it.

catnapper
04-28-2009, 09:06 PM
:D I can only imagine the excitement in a few days.... new litterboxes, new litter.... all 10 boxes having a waiting line outside of them to initiate the new stuff! :D

I got new boxes a while ago and they're sitting in the basement because NONE of my guys took to them:rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
04-29-2009, 05:17 AM
I got new boxes a while ago and they're sitting in the basement because NONE of my guys took to them:rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: Were they some kind of "strange" box??