PDA

View Full Version : brain damage?

Redd
09-25-2002, 07:15 PM
At our friends barn one of their cats had a kitten, they didnt know about it until it was atleast 2 months old. Well, they cant go anywhere near it-it is afraid of people. We think that it got stepped on by horse or one of the dogs got a hold of it because its head is constantly bobbing. Does anyone have any clue as to what this might be? A couple of people say it might have brain damage but we're not sure. We would like to take it to the vet but its kind of difficult to catch. Thanks for your help.

toughCookie
09-25-2002, 08:45 PM
maybe trap it, like they trap feral cats, you know in a humane way, though I don't know how they do that. it needs to see a vet! poor thing! people just do not GET IT... SPAY/NEAUTER ANIMALS!!!

maybe post in cat rescue, maybe someone that rescues cats can tell you what to do...

Karen
09-25-2002, 09:08 PM
How many cats are there in the barn? It might be nearly impossible to catch using smelly bait and a humane trap if there are other, more able cats about who would get there, and trigger the trap, first. Is its mama tame?

moosmom
09-26-2002, 01:59 PM
Redd,

It sounds to me like the kitten is feral. Feral cats do not trust humans. They will not let humans anywhere NEAR them. Is the mama around anywhere?? As far as the bobbing of the head is concerned, it's possible that the kitten might've had a lack of oxygen during birth which will cause neurological problems or brain damage. It also may be that the kitten DID get stepped on. The only way you're going to know is to try and get it to a vet or, being that the cat is in a barn (I assume on a farm), see if the vet will make a house call. Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Hear, hear toughCookie!!