PDA

View Full Version : Breed Guesses?

Twisterdog
04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you ... Titan, a purebred Austalian Cattle Dog. :rolleyes:

Really, that is what the people who surrendered him to the shelter said he was. They said he even has "papers". His "papers" ended up being a flyer, full of typos and misspellings, for the "KS Heeler Ranch" - BYB's who "certified" he was a purebred "healer". Not kidding.

Anyway .... what do you all REALLY think he is?

Seravieve
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
WOW That's not a heeler in my book. They're merled, not brindled.. so those patches make not sense.. or the fact that its mostly a white dog. Zeke is half heeler.. and they look NOTHING alike... He also looks too talk to be one. They're a short dog...thick, but short.

I have no guesses really, but definitely not heeler.

Husky_mom
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
come on.. look at him!!.. he´s clearly almost twins with this dog

http://www.pets911.com/breeds/dogs/images/breeds/australian-cattle-dog.jpg

well maybe not the exact same patch pattern... but how about this other one
with more "white areas"
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images18/AustralianCattleDogMaxFullGrown.JPG

ok ok... maybe this Cattle dog/ Aussie
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images16/TexasHeelerBlue1.jpg

:p;)

Seravieve
04-27-2009, 11:54 AM
LOL.. maybe he has some red heeler in him.. maybe. But the colored patches looked my brindle to me. And the fact that his ears don't stand up.. that's a dead give away that he's not all heeler.

Husky_mom
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I was only joking.. hehe.. but if he does have heeler it might be red.. but I also noticed the brindle... perhaps a boxer/lab/heeler... although he doesn´t has much merling...

and there is this texas heeler.. that looks nothing like a cattle dog..

oh wait... maybe he is indeed purebred.. healer.. haha.. yeah heAler... sorry...

nonetheless... seems like a really sweet guy

Seravieve
04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Oh I know you were! =) I looked up the Texas Heeler... Cattle Dog x Aussie mix.. I don't think that looks much like him either.

I was thinking lab x boxer as well... I really don't see any ACD in him. Maybe some pointer?

Twisterdog, whats his height and weight? And is the rest of him all white?

Karen
04-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe a shepherd gene or two in there, or pointer - that looooong nose is something not Heeler or Aussie ...

Well mixed dawg is my guess.

Taz_Zoee
04-27-2009, 02:54 PM
When I looked at that first picture I thought of my Taggart. The brown markings on the right side of his face (looking at the pic) look just like Taggarts brown markings. And Taggarts markings are only on his face, ears and one on his back and one big one by the base of his tail.
But the ears are not perky enough for an Aussie, IMO. I can safely say I do NOT see any Cattle Dog, and definitely not a purebred one.
He is a cutie though. :)

Twisterdog
04-27-2009, 09:19 PM
WOW That's not a heeler in my book. They're merled, not brindled.. so those patches make not sense.. or the fact that its mostly a white dog. Zeke is half heeler.. and they look NOTHING alike... He also looks too talk to be one. They're a short dog...thick, but short.

I have no guesses really, but definitely not heeler.

Yes, we know he's not a ACD, or mix thereof. I was being sarcastic.

I don't know his exact weight or height, he's about the size of a lab. His body is almost all, if not all, white. I don't remember for sure if he has any brown spots on his body or not, but if so they are small.

HM, he does look kind of like that last picture, doesn't he? Which is funny, that's the mix I listed him as on Petfinder, just for lack of any better guesses.

"Texas heeler" .... goodness, what next? We call that mix a WSD ... Wyoming State Dog.