PDA

View Full Version : Sydney's eye is swollen... Suggestions?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Seems like it happened overnight. She was fine when she when she went to bed (she had a nice long day of playing in the field with my brother so she was exhausted) and when we woke up this morning, her left eye is swollen. My mom washed it down with warm water, and Sydney is fine when we touch it, she doesn't complain at all. When she sleeps, she sleeps with me, in the bedroom and the door is shut so she can't get out and get into anything. As far as I remember, she was asleep all night because I didn't feel her get up at all.

Any idea what I can do to help her? It doesn't seem to cause her pain, but I'm not sure what I can do to make the swelling go down. I'd get a picture, but my camera is dead.

ETA: I guess my mom looked at it just now and it looks bloodshot. Could it just be that she got something in it and was rubbing at it?

Taz_Zoee
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
If she was playing in the field she could have either been poked in the eye by something and that irritated it. Or worse, she could have something stuck in her eye. If it doesn't seem to be getting better by tomorrow you might want to take her to the vet. Can you look in her eye to make sure there isn't something in it? You said it isn't causing her pain, so maybe she just irritated it with something from the field.

I hope she is better soon! :)

boomersooner
04-26-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree....she might have even been bitten or stung by something....all of the bugs are waking up now!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
She looks better already. It's not bloodshot anymore, and the swelling has gone down a lot.

Guess I was panicking over nothing. :p

Taz_Zoee
04-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Well, that's a good thing in this case. :)