PDA

View Full Version : Odin is BACK!!!!

nsweezie
04-26-2009, 02:13 AM
I'm hear to ask everyone on Pet Talk to send some good wishes my way.
My lovely orange boy, Odin, has gone missing.
He is an indoor cat, but he made an escape on Friday, and hasn't been seen since. I'm worried sick for him, as we live right by a rail track and a busy road. The house is so empty without him, and our other cats seem to notice that something isn't right.
Odin is the most loving and friendly cat, and I just miss him so much right now and want him back. Please keep your fingers crossed that he shows up today and if anyone has any advice please let me know.
Louise

Karen
04-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Post signs everywhere with his picture. Also check with immediate neighbors, ask them to check garages and sheds where he may have been accidently shut in. Contact any local shelters and animal control, let them know he's missing, but is not a stray.

We'll say a prayer for his safe return!

Anikaca77
04-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Prays are being sent that Odin is ok and safe. Yes please post flyers around because you never know if a neighbor might take Odin in.

I hope he comes home safe and sound.

Laura's Babies
04-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Let EVERYONE know he is missing like Karen & Anikaca77 said. Also someone on here use to say to go to the shelters and look for yourself because they may have your pet and not know it or know it and not tell you.

catmandu
04-26-2009, 04:49 PM
:love::):)
The Pet Talker Animal Angel Search and Rescue Squad is now on the job, and they are using treats from Hawaii to help lure Odin back.
Ebony Beau Tubsters with them on the search and like many Strays , he was very keen searching instincts.
Meanwhile leave something with an odor that carries so Odin gets an idea of where to go!!
We are praying that Odin will be home SOON!!!
:love::D:love::)

Medusa
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
I had a scare just the other day thinking that my cat darted outdoors but as it turned out, he was in the house all along, so I can relate to your worry. Add my prayers to the list. :love:

rg_girlca
04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Since your Odin is an indoor cat, they seldom stray far as they are very scared being outside. Somethings you can do, is go out late at night when it is quiet and shake a package of treats or put his dry food in a container and shake that, while calling his name. Put a dirty sweater or any other piece of clothing that has your smell on it out in the front and one out the back to lure him to the house. Put out some tuna in hopes that he is hungry enough to come and eat it. Also like others have said, notify all your neighbours, vets, shelters and put up flyers. Bring a flashlight out with you at night and check all around your area, under balcony's, in bushes, even shine it up in trees, while calling his name.

I hate hearing about an animal gone missing as I know exactly how you feel as one of my cats a long time ago went missing and after 48 days, I figured he was never coming back, but he did. On the 48th night, he showed up.
So please, never lose the faith.

Big time prayers on the way that your Odin comes home very soon, safe and sound and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for you.

astrid
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
I'll be praying for Odin, and for you as as well because I know how worried you must be... May he return home safe and sound:(

krazyaboutkatz
04-26-2009, 06:27 PM
He sure is a handsome boy and I home that he'll come home soon. You've been given a lot of great advice so hopefully you'll be able to find each other again.:) Lots of prayers and positive vibes are being sent his way.

nsweezie
05-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, he isn't back yet.....:(
However, we have had a report from some people 2 streets over. They feed some feral cats, as well as having 5 of their own, and have a super, cat friendly garden with a fountain and a little house the cats sleep in.
These people are convinced they have seen Odin. He is apparantly been in a bad fight with another cat- not a surprise as he is so gentle he'd never last in a fight with a wild cat.
This cat that might be Odin seems very timid, and the couple have tried to catch him, but they don't want to scare him off permanently so they are being very gentle and reserved about it.
They have taken a picture of the cat so I am going over there today to see if it is indeed Odin. If so, the couple, who also do trap-spay-release of feral cats will step up their efforts to catch him, they are apparantly quite good at getting reluctant cats.
Thank you so much for the good wishes, it does mean a lot to know people all over the world are rooting for Odin. Keep your fingers crossed!

Laura's Babies
05-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Let's hope it is Odin and they can catch him for you.

catmandu
05-04-2009, 09:38 AM
The Pet Talker Animal Search and Rescue Squad will see if they can convince Odin that those people are trying to get him back to the home and the family that he loves so much!!!
:love::love::love:
We are praying that you and Odin are reunited very soon!!!!

nsweezie
05-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Sadly, it wasn't Odin:(
However I did get to meet some lovely 'cat people', they told me that they often see new cats as they do feed and shelter strays. So they will be looking out for Odin. They also have good contacts in our area and are going to put the word out even more than we have.

GILL
05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
The CREW and I are sending our prayers the Odin will be safe at home soon.

Italia
05-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Im so sorry to hear about Odin! Dont lose hope though, Momo and i hope he is home and safe soon... Best wishes.

rg_girlca
05-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your Odin hasn't come home yet, but happy to hear that you have more people helping you in finding him.

Continue prayers on the way that Odin is found safe and sound.

catmandu
05-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Never give up hope as Moose the MagnifiCat :love::love: was once gone for 8 weeks stuck in a house that was under construction.
But the Good Lord :):)sent him home , and we are praying that suddenly Odin will be there juSt as Moose magically seemed to materialize at the back window!!

astrid
05-05-2009, 06:02 PM
...I agree, don't give up!! Our RB Chester was gone once for 5 weeks, but then he returned home..
You keep the faith and we'll keep the prayers!!!;)

Anikaca77
05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I hope Odin comes home soon.

Prays that he is safe and sound.

Melissa

lvpets2002
05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
:( Oh No Odin you need to come home now.. Your meowmom is worried sick.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss for Odin's Safe Return..

nsweezie
05-07-2009, 01:11 AM
I do like hearing about others who have had cats appear after a few weeks or months missing. It would be such a happy day if that happens.
I've just been feeling terrible about the whole thing, guilt that maybe we haven't done everything possible to get him back and praying that nothing terrible happened to him and that he knows how much we love him.

phesina
05-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Prayers that Odin will soon be home.. also, a candle has been lit for him to help light the way home: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=8350459

Please come home soon, sweet beloved boy!

nsweezie
05-16-2009, 09:19 PM
HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am the happiest person on the earth right now.
Odin arrived here about 2 hours ago, he is very skinny and full of scratches, but also purrs. When I saw him at the back door I burst into tears! Right now I have the BIGGEST grin on my face, I feel like all my birthdays at once! Thank you so much to everyone here, I do feel like there was 'force; out there that was guiding him home

columbine
05-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Waes hael, Odin! :love: I hope you at least learned to read the runes on your adventure - and that they told you in no uncertain terms to STAY HOME WHERE YOURE' SAFE!

Love, Columbine

rg_girlca
05-16-2009, 10:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/017AC512.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/017AC512.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/017AC512.gif

Doing the "HAPPY DANCE." http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/A1A11ChickenLittle.gif

Welcome back home Odin. I pray that none of your scratches are serious ones. I also hope this scared you enough that you will never ever leave home again. Prayers on the way that you have a full and speedy recovery from you adventures.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to the happy meowmie. :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2009, 11:22 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm so glad that he's home again.:)

katladyd
05-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Home is where the heart is:love:, inside with your family. They love you so much!!!

nsweezie
05-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Still on top of the world this morning, had to pinch myself!
Odin has lost a lot of weight, we are giving him a bit of food at a time as I don't want to upset his tummy.
I'm going to take him to the vet on Monday to make sure everything is fine. I have no idea where he was all this time, but thank goodness he is home!

Medusa
05-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Still on top of the world this morning, had to pinch myself!
Odin has lost a lot of weight, we are giving him a bit of food at a time as I don't want to upset his tummy.
I'm going to take him to the vet on Monday to make sure everything is fine. I have no idea where he was all this time, but thank goodness he is home!

I was going to suggest a vet visit but, of course, you're on top of the situation. :) I'm so glad that Odin is home. See? He knows where his heart is. :)

catmandu
05-17-2009, 08:08 AM
I am glad that Our Pet Talker Animal Angel Search and Rescue Squad found Odin , and steered him home where he will now have the modern equivelent of the fatted calf as the Prodigal Cat is home!!!!
HOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

astrid
05-17-2009, 12:01 PM
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! My eyes went teary too when I read the great news!!!! Odin is back!!! Thank God!!!
The visit to the vet is a must, but right now just knowing that he's home with you is awesome!!!!
Have a great Sunday!!! Please give Odin a bunch of kisses from me:love::love:

Moesha
05-17-2009, 12:26 PM
What a happy post! Welcome home Odin.

Italia
05-18-2009, 01:50 AM
YES! Welcome home odin! Thank goodness he's home!
Thats wonderful news, I can imagine how happy you must feel :)

Anikaca77
05-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm so glad Odin is home.

Thankgoodness.

I hope his vet visit goes well.

Melissa

nsweezie
05-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Odin was at the vet last night- the vet had a really good look at him and said she couldn't see any real problems, besides the fact that he has fleas and ticks. So all 3 cats are on Frontline for that now.
He also went from 6.2 kg to 4.3 kg so he lost nearly a third of his body weight! We are continuing lots of small meals and he is doing very well with that so I guess it is just a matter of time and patience to get him back to his fighting weight!
Odin has been so cuddly, he is always right there waiting for one of us to sit down and cuddle with him, I really think he is glad to be back, but not half as glad as we are!

astrid
05-19-2009, 09:52 AM
just fleas and ticks? great!! he'll gain his weight soon and everything will be perfect again;)
I'm so glad!!!
Once again, please give Odin a bunch of kisses from me:love: