PDA

View Full Version : Boston, MA

3Catcondo
04-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I am leaving for Mass tomorrow for a 2 wk stay, for training for work. I've never been there, and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm really going to miss my furbabies, but I have a couple of animal lovers looking after them, so I'm comfortable with that. I will be gone on my birthday,but my mom and sister have made arrangements to fly in this Thurs, and be with me until Sunday. That will also break up the 2 wks to where it shouldn't feel as long, with having them visit in the middle. I'm also hoping to meet Karen and Paul while I'm there. They will be the first PTers I will have met in person. I'm hoping to do alot of fun things while there, including the duck tours.
http://www.bostonducktours.com/

I will be taking my laptop so I can check in on PT and also on Facebook, so I will still feel connected to everyone and friends.

If anyone has suggestions of anything I should check out while there, please let me know. I will have lot of evenings to be able to shop, sightsee, etc.

Freedom
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
I lived in Boston for 6 years, but that was . . . 22 years ago! :eek:

I love Boston, it is a small, manageable city IMO. Easy to get around, lots to see and do, no matter what your interests are.

I'm sure a website will give you many ideas: the Boston Common and the swan boats, top of the Prudential Tower, Fanueil Hall and Quincy Marketplace (great food, unique shopping experience!), the water front has changed plenty since I was there and has many great places now.

The afternoon tea time at the Ritz Carlton Hotel is fun if that is your type of thing (I enjoyed it plenty, my Mum was British) It is a bit pricey, and you may need reservations (can't remember) but really quite an experience. I think the Four Seasons Hotel did one as well, but I don't remember doing afternoon tea there.

Have fun!

Karen
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
She'll actually be a bit West of Boston (further west than us), but I am hoping we'll be getting together! :)

smokey the elder
04-27-2009, 07:19 AM
You might want to walk the Freedom Trail, check out Quincy Market, the New England Aquarium, Fenway Park!!, whatever time permits. If there's a T (Boston's mass transit) stop near where you are, I recommend using the T rather than driving. Enjoy!

Karen
04-29-2009, 10:59 PM
We had a lovely dinner this evening, but she is having trouble with her Internet connection at the B and B she's staying at, so might not be on until tomorrow at her training session!

Her work colleague joined us for dinner - Amy, tell Annette she should definitely join Pet Talk when she's home - we all told many animal stories. Amy is sorely missing her three kitties and said her bed feels strangely large even though it's technically the same size as her bed at home - this one doesn't include 3 cats jockeying for position!

3Catcondo
05-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I had a great time at dinner w/ Karen and sharing stories about all kinds of furchildren. I'm so glad Karen took time out of her schedule to meet w/ me. I am on the home stretch now of being able to go home and see my babies. I have the rest of today, Mon-Thurs and then will be leaving Boston Friday around 1. I can't wait. I've had a great time up here, but there is no place like home. Went up the Cape yesterday and made last stop Provincetown before heading back to Westborough. Will be going in to Boston today to hang out some more, take my sister to Cheers on Beacon, and whatever other exploring, hopefully the Duck tour, too.