PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please for Willy (UPDATE! POST #13

rg_girlca
04-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone.

I am sorry that I haven't been around lately, but I've been very busy and dealing with some personal problems, but if you could spare some prayers for Willy I would really appreciate it.

I noticed late last night that Willy kept going in and out of the litter boxes and when I would go and check, there was either nothing or just a very small amount of pee. When I got up this morning to call the vet, I noticed dripples of pee mixed with blood on top of my washing machine. He has an appointement with the vets this afternoon. He doesn't look too well this morning and is obviously blocked.

So I am asking for the famous PT prayers, that he has a full and speedy recovery.

I will update later, when I get back from the vets.

Catty1
04-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Prayers that Willy is all better soon!

Hopefully they can pass a wee catheter and give him some instant relief!

He may have to be on a new food - actually, grain free food is supposed to keep the urine pH at a crystal-preventing level(according to a vet at my clinic). Ask your vet too!

It's a bit pricier, but saves $ on vet visits! ;)

Looking forward to good news on Willy!:love:

phesina
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Prayers for Willy, that the Whitecoats will make him well.

Laura's Babies
04-25-2009, 11:01 AM
OH NO!! Not our Willy! Why are making you wait til this afternoon? He needs to be seen NOW! If he is blocked, time is critical! Oh my! I am praying for our Willy and going off to lite a candle for him! Good vibes and thoughts are on their way!

kuhio98
04-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for Willy. I hope the vets can get him un-blocked and make him more comfortable. Poor baby.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh no Willy, I hope that the vet can "de-block" you asap!!!

Medusa
04-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh goodness, I've never experienced this w/my males, only my calico Puddy and it was a bladder infection that cleared up easily. I do hope that Willy isn't blocked but if he is, he'll be healed quickly and easily.

Taz_Zoee
04-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Poor Willy. I hope he is all better soon. I know how stressful it is to have sick babies.

Edwina's Secretary
04-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Well wishes wee widdle Willy!!!

Randi
04-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Fister and I send our sympathy, it's no fun being blocked. :( I hope the vet can do something about it ASAP. He may need a catheter right away, and then an S/D diet.

Sending lots of positive thoughts. :love:

Barbara
04-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Sending all my best wishes for Willy! Tigris feels with him, he knows this story :(

catmandu
04-25-2009, 03:19 PM
We ceetainly are with Laura on this thread when we saw that it was Our Little Willy the tiny Stray who has become such a Huge Favorite on Pet Talk we were stunned and saddened as Willy is not all that old a Cat!!!
:(:(:(
But Thank God, nis Meeeowmie noticed this right away, and got Willy to the White Coats where we PRAY that they can make Our Gentle Giant all right!!!
Prayers are coming from ALL OF US AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL
and we are anxiously :love::love:awaiting Good News.
WE are BIG WILLY FANS HERE!!!!
:love::love::love::love::love:

rg_girlca
04-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Thank you all for your well wishes on our Willy and yes Gary, your Gentle Giant who weighs in now at a hefty 16.8 lbs. Can we say "Diet time."

The vet was able to express his bladder and get a sample to test it for any crystals.

Good news.......NO CRYSTALS!!!!!!! He has a bad bladder infection though. He will be on Baytril, 1/4 of a pill a day for 16 days.

Thank you again everyone and now I must go and start cutting up the pills in 1/4 pieces.

catmandu
04-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Thats Wonderful News that Willys problem is not a serious one , and that his Vets are on the case now!!!
:love::love::love:
Good luck on breaking a pill in quarters , when My Vet says that I ask for meds that are gel that I can paste on thier lips as I am tres vieux to be able to break pills without crushing them!!!!
;););)
Again we are sending Prayers for Wonderous Willy , Your Gentle Giant, and the Animal Angels will bring Willy Sea Food , Low Cal of coirse drom the Experience at Koela Club in Lanai Hawaii.
WE LOVE WILLY HERE!!!
:love::love::love::love:

Medusa
04-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh that is good news! A bladder infection can be easily cleared up and quickly, too. They can be pretty painful so the meds will help w/that as well. Feel better, Willy. :love:

cassiesmom
04-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for Willy. :love:

phesina
04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
That's wonderful news!

Be well very soon, Willy! God bless you, Lorraine, for noticing this and having him checked right away.

Laura's Babies
04-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Thank God! I have been coming back a lot rechecking and waiting for news..
OK... is he easy to pill? Willy, you NEED that med to feel better and it will really help you a lot so be willing to take it and gulp it down!

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Lorraine, I'm just now seeing this.:o I'm so sorry to hear about Willy but I'm glad that it's only a bladder infection and that he doesn't have a crystal problem or blockage. I hope he'll take all of his pills like a good boy and will start feeling better soon. Please continue to keep us updated about him and take care.:)