PDA

View Full Version : Got a prescription refilled today

Medusa
04-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Do ya think the pharmacist asked me "How are you doing, Mary?" No. He asked "How's Pidge?" LOL That's ok. I don't mind, really; I think it's funny. I'm glad to have a pharmacist that cares about animals. He's quite the cat lover, too. He has several of his own and he whipped those photos out as fast as any proud dad would! :D

smokey the elder
04-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Aww! When I get Moby's syringes refilled they always ask how she's doing at my pharmacy.

Laura's Babies
04-24-2009, 02:29 PM
That is SO sweet! hummm, maybe I need to tell my vet to write a Rx for my babies from now on?

Medusa
04-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Aww! When I get Moby's syringes refilled they always ask how she's doing at my pharmacy.

They always ask how Pidge is doing when I get her meds refilled but this was my prescription. LOL

catmandu
04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Thats interesting as My Vet has always filled out the prescriptions for the Found Cats purrsonally!
I didnt know that there were meds that a pharmacist could dispense that would help Cats , but obviously I am wrong again!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

Medusa
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Thats interesting as My Vet has always filled out the prescriptions for the Found Cats purrsonally!
I didnt know that there were meds that a pharmacist could dispense that would help Cats , but obviously I am wrong again!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

There are some meds that my vet doesn't stock, Gary, so he writes a prescription for them. Besides that, his office is far away and my pharmacist is only 5 minutes away, so it's easier for me to pick them up at my pharmacy.

Freckles
04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
My pharmacy always filled one prescription for my cat. They always chuckled when calling out "Prescription for Freckles Walborn".

lvpets2002
04-24-2009, 03:23 PM
:) That made me chuckle.. Hey I think it is great that the pharmacy will do that.. I could just hear my pharmacy calling out = Spankie Spanks Kinder & Skid & Bump Kinder.. LOL:D
My pharmacy always filled one prescription for my cat. They always chuckled when calling out "Prescription for Freckles Walborn".

pomtzu
04-24-2009, 03:29 PM

Years ago I used to get that reaction too when they called out "Scooter Walt" when I picked up his insulin!

GILL
04-24-2009, 04:15 PM
We had the same when they would call out "PATCHES GILL"
Had alot of fun with that, people would say that it's a unusual name. we'd just YUP.

katladyd
04-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Can you imagine if they called them out for Tubster Panther or Juke Joint Joseph? I'd pay to see the reactions to those!

Medusa
04-25-2009, 06:34 AM
Can you imagine if they called them out for Tubster Panther or Juke Joint Joseph? I'd pay to see the reactions to those!

That would be funny! Once, though, I had Coco Puff's Rx refilled and the gal asked how he got his name. I explained and she laughed like crazy. The guy, not so much. LOL

catmandu
04-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I would love to have them call our precription for Mr Purrrr , or Miquelito the Little Orange Lion.
Especially if they had a booming voice like Harold Peary, the Great Gildersleeve.

Curiousdish
05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
When I had my other two dogs, Casey & Digby (both at the Rainbow Bridge) there were some heart medications, the one for Cushings Disease and Thyroid, all of which when prescribed by the vet, were much, much cheaper to have filled at the Pharmasists.......at times a really big savings of $86 on the one prescription ....... every penny counts!

There are some meds that my vet doesn't stock, Gary, so he writes a prescription for them. Besides that, his office is far away and my pharmacist is only 5 minutes away, so it's easier for me to pick them up at my pharmacy.

smokey the elder
05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Insulin syringes are half to a third what the vet charges.

Randi
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Isn't that nice. :) Reminds me of the girl in the supermarket I go to, she always asks, How's Fister? She is the one who introduced me to the Cat-sitting exchange group.

I can just picture if the pharmacist called out Fister's name! LOL! :D