PDA

View Full Version : Fat cats aren't always inactive

IRescue452
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
My sister's cat Mischeif has got to be about 30 pounds. He's not squishy fat with a tummy that drags, but he's monsterously huge. He's almost as big as my mom's cocker spaniel minus some height. The thing is, he's active as heck. He acts like a dog. He fetches, he jumps up on people when they come in the door (and about knocks them down), he wrestles with our belgian shepherd (and wins), and he spends the rest of the day chasing invisible spirits and fighting with the recliner (his sworn enemy). He is not free fed. He is one strange cat. I also think he's a male torbie because he has a white spot in the middle his back and more orange spots along the sides of the grey than I would expect with rusting. As if the calico gene is just small enough in him that he could be born a viable male. We should have named him "Tootsie Pop", because the world may never know.

Karen
04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Hmm, is he perhaps part Maine Coon?

Laura's Babies
04-22-2009, 03:22 PM
How about a picture, he has to be beautiful!!

catmandu
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I would imagine that Tubster Panther would tip the Toledos at 25 pounds at least and hes one very active Cat outside and doesnt really seem to eat that much when hes indoors.:love::love:
His son the Late Ebony Beau Tubster was just short of 20 pounds when FIP and FELV caused him to become an Animal Angel :(:(:( and Tubster Panther was a head bigger!!!
Tubby 2 Angel , Tubster Panthers Dad , and Ebony Beaus Grandfather was a BIG CAT TOO about 22 pounds when he went in at the Vets. :eek::eek:
Its not always fat , a lot of time its muscle!!!
:cool::D:)

katladyd
04-22-2009, 04:08 PM
My boyfriend's male cat, Buddy, is a big, active, cat also. He tipped the scales at 16 lbs. at 10-months-old! We haven't weighed him in awhile, we're scared to. He plays with his "sister" the entire day and never seems to be still. Well, he is just a year old this month, so he has a lot of kitten left in him. Big does not mean lazy!

Trinityagain
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
My Zingo is about 22 pounds and he regularly attacks the horrible bathroom rug, chases the laser dot, and plays with his string for a good while each day....