PDA

View Full Version : My mommy is starving me!!!

Stenograsaurus
09-25-2002, 11:18 AM
Hello, everyone. This is Dakota. I'm posting here while mommy is sidetracked. I have a slight problem. It all started last Monday. Mom and dad took me and my sister to the white coats for our annual visit and shots. Well, I had to stand on this big black thing. The next thing I hear is my mommy saying, Oh, my God, he weighs 80 pounds. I guess it's not all hair. Then the next day she didn't feed me as much as she usually does and I haven't had human food in over a week!!! I have tried everything I could think of to make her feel guilty and nothing is working. I sit there staring at her. I push around the food storage thing. I stand there and lick the bowl while staring at her. Nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Love,
Dakotahttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2d635b3127cce9fc8605059bc0000001010

aly
09-25-2002, 11:37 AM
Deeer DaKota,

Reece here. I just wud lik to tell ya that my mommie is doin da same thing to me TOO!!!!!! She sayed she been my mommie fer a year and a half and I done doubled my weight in dat time!!! I was soooooooo 'barrassed when I was at de hospeetal and my mommie gasped when dey told her wut I weighed. My mommie say Lolly is THIS CLOSE to bein on a 'die it' too!!

So I know how you are feeelin. I think I needa plan to get me to da kat foods! I kan see it on da bathroom counter! Mebbe you kan get to kat food too!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-25-2002, 11:55 AM
Oh Dakota and Reece, so sorry you are being startved :D Just pretend like you are fasting to protest something :D It worked for Ghandi! :D

ramanth
09-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Poor Dakota and Reece. :( You tell the mommy's to feed you guys. :D ;)

lovemymaltese
09-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Sorry Dakota I believe that I must inform you that you have been placed on a doggie diet, you will feel so much better when you lose some weight. Tango wanted me to tell you that it isn't that bad because he had to lose weight 2 years ago after his neuter surgery. He said to hang in there. :)

Dixieland Dancer
09-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Dakota and Reece,
Tell your mommies to give you low fat snacks such as carrots, apple pieces, small dishes of low fat yogurt, etc. Then you will think you are getting something great but it will not be bad for your "die it"!

If that doesn't work just try those loveable puppy dog eyes with a sad expression. That usually works on us softy humans!!

Sudilar
09-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Shiloh here.
I get to eat Eukanuba Low Fat Large Breed doggie food and you KNOW what Killi eats (when he does eat)!! I don't think it's fair!! (shhhh, but I do sneak and eat his food when no one is lookin'...shhhh) The white coat said I'm good at 97lbs., but I guess Mom doesn't want me to get fatter. sheesh
So I just want ya ta know that I sim-pa-thighs wit alla ya!

Not so svelte Shiloh

lv4dogs
09-25-2002, 01:10 PM
My mom used to starve me too. Then she started giving me these long orange things she called carrotts I refused to eat them then I finally got her to give me buiscuits & it worked she said they were low fat but she can't fool me. Well finally I lost some weight & to my suprise it was worth it afterwards I ran like a pup again and had more energy to chase cats with! It is great. I am now on a senior food which is low in fat.

sasvermont
09-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Good news bad news:

You either need to eat less OR eat the same amount but burn off those calories. If you could exercise more, it might just solve the problem.

Also, eating low cal snacks might help out in this situation. Remember puppers, its for your own good that your MOM and DAD are trying to keep you slim and trim.

In the long run, too high of weight can do much damage!

Why don't you just get with the program and play with your toys. Are you sure you are just not bored, rather than hungry?

The three slim kittens,
Gabe, Grammy Crackers and Miley

Stenograsaurus
09-25-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Good news bad news:

You either need to eat less OR eat the same amount but burn off those calories. If you could exercise more, it might just solve the problem.

Why don't you just get with the program and play with your toys. Are you sure you are just not bored, rather than hungry?

The three slim kittens,
Gabe, Grammy Crackers and Miley

The problem is when I play and exercise, then Mr. Art Ritis hurts my leg. So it's either eat less or be in pain. I just can't win.
Dakota
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2d635b3127cce9fc862eb59060000001410

aly
09-25-2002, 04:07 PM
Reece exaggerated just a bit :) He's not starving. In fact I haven't really cut down on his food much. I never give him table scraps in the first place. I think he just gained weight because he's *lazy*. Also, he's being fed regularly now which is something that probably didn't happen before. He was too skinny when I got him, but now he's borderline chubby :eek: He's up to 14 lbs.

We're gonna be taking a lot more trips to the park :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/p4c7806e54dec9025a62acc01ce57a21d/fd3becef.jpg

jackiesdaisy1935
09-25-2002, 07:44 PM
Dakota, Miss Daisy here, I just saw your picture and I thought how handsome you are. I thought I would tell your Mom what our Mom gives us for snackies, it's called "Pupcorn" and it's from Petsmart, she said it's low fat and low calorie, it's almost like real popcorn, but lighter. Maybe your Mom would get some for you for a snack, me and Perry love it. Hope he does, Perry says Hi too.
Miss Daisy

Stenograsaurus
09-26-2002, 08:56 AM
Dakota's mommy here. Dakota, you fibbed on one thing. You did so have table scraps one time this past week. You had that little piece of chicken, remember? It's not my fault you swallowed it whole and didn't taste it so you didn't remember.

Pupcorn, Ive never heard of it before. I'll have to look into that. We don't have a Petsmart around here. All we have is Super Petz. I had given Dakota Carrots and he ate it. He also likes Yogurt. I always have to buy the six pack of Yogurt for Bri and she usually only likes the one flavor so the dogs get the other flavors. I also am in the process of switching dog foods. I got Nutro Large Breed Weight Management, so I did increase the amount that he gets a day. And I was wondering, do you feed the amount it says to feed on the bag?

Oh, Reece, we have our cat food sealed in one of those containers so Dakota can't get to that either, but good luck to you. Maybe you can find a way to jump up on that big counter. Try pushing a chair over to it. That might help.

And, Shiloh, I'm so sorry you have to witness Killi eating such great stuff. But I am glad you are able to "sneak" some in for yourself.

MIss Daisy, thanks for the compliment. I always refer to Dakota as my pretty boy. He is definitely a looker. Of course, I have never seen a Husky that wasn't.

anna_66
09-26-2002, 09:26 AM
Dakota,
it's Roxey here! I love you picture, you are quite a handsome man!
(drool, drool)
Now, getting back to the subject...food. My brother Angus was getting a little on the LARGE size (120 lbs) & our mommy kinda put him on a diet too. Since I was a pup I got fed 3x's a day, so he thought he should be fed that many too (so you know mommy's they just about always give in:rolleyes: )
Anyways, he gained weight (but the doc said it was due to his thyroid too-whatever that is:confused: ), so she put him on Eukanuba Large Breed Senior. Now he gets fed 2x's a day (but this is the best part...me & Huney (well..mostly me) always save him some of our food & he sneaks it when nobody is looking! Do you have anybody you could sneak from?)

manda99
09-26-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
Do you have anybody you could sneak from?)

hee hee. cute. :)

Cincy'sMom
09-26-2002, 03:52 PM
hey 'kota. Cincy here. I'm being starved too! My Daddy tooks me to da white coats two weeks ago and dey said I weigh too much. I guess I needs to lose 10 lbs! I weighs more den my sis and she is taller den me! well, 1 down, 9 to go!

Good luck to you!

Stenograsaurus
09-30-2002, 12:07 PM
Hello, everyone. Fat Boy Dakota here. Hey, sorry I haven't posted back. Mom and dad has the whole house tore up. They put new carpet down in the living room and the toy/computer room. I am so excited because I have something new to pee on. :cool:

Hey, Roxey, I am blushing. I can't believe that someone as pretty as you would drool over me. You did help my self esteem. I was starting to feel a little self-conscious. That happens when everybody starts referring to you as fat boy all the time. :rolleyes: Can you and Huney trade places with my sister? She never shares her food with me. She always growls if I get too close to her when she's eating. I always woof down my food real fast and she is a slow eater, so I hover over her. If I step too close, she growls. Once in a while mom helps me sneak some food. She'll say my name and Patience goes running to her. (I think Patience thinks mom is giving me some special treat.) So while she's gone I dive into her bowl and eat it all up. Patience always looks confused when she comes back to her bowl and it's all gone. My mom just pats her on the head, smiles and says one of these days you'll learn. :D

anna_66
09-30-2002, 07:46 PM
Oh Dakota! I would never call you fat boy! Sometimes my mom & dad call Angus that too, but he don't care...he knows they think he's "da man"! I'm sure your family feels that way about you too.
Would you like me & Huney to come over & talk to your sister? I'm sure we could MAKE her change her mind;) That's funny that you confuse her like that-good for you-that'll teach her to growl at you again!
Oh & thanks for saying I'm pretty (mom's been kinda mad at me-so I haven't been feeling too good about myself either:o)
So, don't worry about the food, I'm sure mom will keep sneaking you food now & then!
Bye Dakota (pretty boy, not fat boy:p )
Roxey