PDA

View Full Version : Update Carly is Home!!! Yea!!! 23 April

momtomany
04-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Please pray for my Carly (Car Car). She was an emaciated stray that showed up at our house about 5 years ago. From an emaciated skin and bones cat she has grown into a big momma (16.2 pds). She is the sweetest baby and a purring machine. Last night I went into the dark back bedroom to open the window with the cat seat a little higher. I didn't realize Car Car was laying below as she is a dark tabby. I accidentally stepped on her. She got up and stretched and appeared to be fiine. Well my daughter called me while I was out today and said Carly was laying in the bathroom and breathing funny. I came home and took her to the emergency vet. X-Rays showed that I bruised her lungs when I stepped on her and they are full of fluid. I am absolutely devasted. The x-ray also showed that at some time Car Car had been shot by a 22, which is a huge shock also. Please pray for my baby that she will be okay. I haven't been posted much lately as life has really been difficult this definetely is not going to help. Thank you for praying for my baby.
I have attached a couple of pictures of her below.

Moesha
04-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh dear. What a beautiful baby. She's in good hands at the ER Vet's office. Hopefully she'll pull through and get to come home soon. How awful that she was shot at one time! Obviously she is a fighter.

Karen
04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
A prayer being sent for pretty Carly. I sometimes think cats think we can see as clearly in the dark as they can, otherwise they would take such chances!

Catty1
04-18-2009, 05:26 PM
BIG AND MANY PT PRAYERS for Carly, and for all you are going through otherwise.

Bless you for saving her...who could have shot such a lovely girl? :mad:

HUGS and looking forward to a positive update.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please continue to keep us updated about her and take care. (((HUGS)))

katladyd
04-19-2009, 12:53 AM
My prayers are with Carly, may she be home with you soon.

Medusa
04-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Goodness, it's so easy to step on or accidentally kick a cat because they're so good at making themselves invisible. My blackie Boo is an expert at this. I call him Boo Underfoot because of it. Try not to feel so bad. I know, it's easy for me to say but I'm sure we've all stepped on kitties at one time or another. But for someone to have shot at her, well, that's another story. I'm sorry that happened to her. Prayers are going up right now for Car Car and for you that all will be well and that she'll heal quickly, easily and in peace. (((HUGS))) :)

moosmom
04-19-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Carly. Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Connecticut.

Randi
04-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Carly, and I really hope she'll be OK again. :) Try not to blame yourself too much, this can happen. Just the other evening I kicked/stepped on Fister as I was going through a dark room - he never has been laying in the middle of floor before. Glad that I had soft slippers on and nothing bad happened.

What an a##hole to have shot at her!! :mad:

Sending lots of positive thoughts to Carly, and to you. :)

((((hugs))))

pomtzu
04-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Prayers that Carly will make a full recovery! :love:

And don't blame yourself - accidents happen! :(

kb2yjx
04-19-2009, 03:12 PM
BIG prayers and a candle for you both!!!

momtomany
04-19-2009, 03:46 PM
The emergency vet let me bring her home with an IV in and instructions to bring her back if her breathing became labored. I am really worried as she appears to be laboring and will decide in the next hour whether to take her back there. Otherwise I am to take her to her regular vet in the morning. Please continue to pray that she will be alright. I feel so guilty and horrible. I know it was an accident but it still hurts like crazy inside.

TommyCat
04-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh she is a beauty! I will light a candle and say a prayer for Carly that she is on her way to recovering. Let us know how she's doing.

carole
04-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Oh my gosh you poor thing, how awful for you, i never would have thought this could happen to a kitty, my thoughts are with you, and all fingers and paws crossed here that your beautiful Carly makes a speedy recovery and will be fine, HUGS to you and try not to worry the vets will take good care of her.:love:

Emeraldgreen
04-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Prayers for beautiful Carly. I can't believe anyone would be so awful to shoot her. That is horrible. Please don't beat yourself up about accidentally stepping on her. I am forever tripping over my cats and sometimes inevitably step on them. I can imagine how you are feeling though as it is clear how much she means to you. Please update us when you can. :love:

GILL
04-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Just we do have accidents, usually its tails but sometimes more. The CREW is sending their prayers and well wishes.

momtomany
04-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I took her to our regular vet who doesn't feel that I caused this problem that Carly is having. She is keeping her for observation and to do some test. She did give her a huge dose of steroids and will do another x-ray to see what is going on. She will call me this evening if she has some news otherwise I will check with her in the morning. Carly is not eating which really bothers me. She loves her treats and I put a couple in front of her and she showed no interest. I do know that she is drinking but she tinkle on the floor and carpet. I guess she doesn't feel like getting in the litter box. I don't mind though. I just want her better and to know what is wrong. Please keep the prayers going up for her. Thank you.

GILL
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Our prayers are with her and you

katladyd
04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I will keep your precious baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Moesha
04-20-2009, 05:07 PM
You and Carly have been in my thoughts. I'm hoping for a thorough recovery. Finding out what is really wrong would be nice also. Please update us as soon as you know something.

Catty1
04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
More prayers for precious Carly!

It could be that the accident got Carly to the vet in time so that the real problem could be caught early.

More prayers going out.

I hope she is well soon...I wonder if she will have to lose a few ounces off her gorgeous round self to help the situation.

HUGS!:love:

Medusa
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Prayers are continuing for Carly and her quick and easy healing.

momtomany
04-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Carly is still at the vets. She is not eating right now and that is something my Car Car doesn't have trouble with. Her breathing is about the same but the vet decided to not give her another steroid shot. She did do lab work and her kidneys and liver are fine. She is not diabetic either. She will probably x-ray her tomorrow to set what is going on with the fluid in her lungs. It is still a wait and see. I sure miss her and her stretching out and showing us her "twinkle toes". Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. We sure appreciate them.

Moesha
04-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Thank you so much for updating us. I've been here several times today looking for some Carly news. I sure hope that tomorrow brings better things for you and Carly as well. You are still in our thoughts.

momtomany
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I can't post when I am work. The "eye in the sky" won't let me on the website, so I have to wait until I get home. Again thank all of you for thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
04-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Prayers are continuing for Carly and you.....

momtomany
04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Carly may get to come home tomorrow. She is better but not well. The vet thinks that possibly I was the cause....:(
I guess in way that would be better than a host of other problems. Thanks for the prayers.

Pinot's Mom
04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh, please don't beat yourself up over this!!

Carly will be OK - she's hit a little bump that any kitty hits - human, dog, or otherwise, sometimes things just get in the wayl It can't be helped.

I'm sure she'll pull out of this just fine! Love and kisses to Carly, and peace to you - please! :love:

Moesha
04-22-2009, 09:19 PM
At least she is improving. Accidents happen with skinkids as well as furkids. It always makes us feel terrible, but please remember it was an accident. Just like when Andy was caught in the dryer. It was a terrible event, but it happened. Now we all can learn from it and hope that it doesn't happen to anyone else. I hope that Carly does get to come home because that will certainly indicate improvement in her condition. :love:

katladyd
04-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Goodness! I have lost count of the times I have accidentally tripped over, or stepped on one of the cats! It goes with the territory of having a cat, no harm was intended. Carly was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just be glad she'll be home soon:D Cats are so very forgiving:love:

columbine
04-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Cats don't understand that not everybody can see in the dark. I never used night lights until I got a cat! "But I was right here, didn't you see me?"

Please keep us posted! Be well, Car-Car.

Love, Columbine

Medusa
04-23-2009, 05:15 AM
I've learned to turn lights on because, as I said, my blackie Boo can't be seen at all. Even so, I still sometimes trip over him. Years ago I had a cat named Frisky who was always under foot and as I was closing the door, it stuck and wouldn't close. I kept trying to force it and guess why it wouldn't close? Because Frisky was there! She never made a sound, didn't cry out in pain or anything! And I didn't even see her! I felt awful, picked her up and hugged and kissed her and said "I'm sorry" over and over again but it didn't prevent her from doing the same thing later on. So don't beat yourself up; accidents happen. We would never hurt our furkids on purpose.

momtomany
04-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Carly is home and doing well. She is eating and drinking and sitting up!! She wouldn't even sit up all these days. She just laid there. She is happy to be home, talking to all of us. Her breathing has improved a lot. Thanks for all the prayers and wishes. We truly appreciate it.

Pinot's Mom
04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
That's a wonderful report; we're all glad she's home and improving. Keep up the good work, Carly! :love:

Catty1
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
YAAAAY! What great news! Give her some gentle hugs for me, ok? :D:love::love::love:

katladyd
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
This made my day! Thank you so much for keeping us informed of dear Carly's progress! Hugs and kisses to your little girl!:love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope that she'll continue to improve and do well.:)

Moesha
04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
What a relief! I'm so glad to read this wonderful news. Thoughts for continued improvement for Carly.

momtomany
04-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank all of you so much for you support. As I type, she laying up on the arm of the lounge chair. She is like night a day from last Saturday. She has rolled around and done turkey toes all evening. :D

allmycats
04-28-2009, 11:25 PM
you can't blame yourself...cats have a knack for getting underfoot!
how is Carly doing?

momtomany
05-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks for asking. She is doing great and showing us her turkey toes all the time. :D