PDA

View Full Version : New additions...

LionHart
04-18-2009, 02:56 PM
For nearly 2 years we’ve tried to catch little Rudy Tootie, (she’s a cutie patootie) one of our ferals out back of the apt complex, but she’s a sly one. :mad:
We thought she was sterile. There hadn’t been any kittens during all this time. Well you know what happens when some folks think. :o
You guessed it. The little bugger surprised us with 2 babies. :eek:
1 (BW for black/white---original right?) was born first on April 15th. 24 hrs later, Spike arrived. (Spike’s name comes from the fur on the top of little head was still wet and spiked when I found him (or her).
We were able to get Tootie and babies into a large kennel cage and hope that she’ll realize we’re not trying to harm her (or her babies) but help them. She’s eating, drinking, pooping and peeing and the little balls of fur are chubby buggers! :) Toots seems to be a good mommy.
As soon as possible we’ll start getting the babies use to human hands so they can be adoptable and then get Tootie to the vet so this won’t happen again!

Karen
04-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Congratulations! She knew who to let catch her now that she's got little ones! She and they are beeeoootiful!

3Catcondo
04-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Tootie is beautiful!!!! I'm so glad she and her kittens are safe with you, and she will be spayed soon. Thanks for taking care of her and her little ones :love:

Moesha
04-18-2009, 03:57 PM
She sure is a cutie patootie! Gorgeous!! And those babies are darling. How sweet. Glad you were finally able to snag her. I know how difficult and wiley some of those ferals can be. Good job.

catmandu
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
:love::love::love:
I guess that Toots the Cutie Patootie was waiting for the tight time to move in , maybe she wanted to make sure there was room for her Kittens and Her.
:cool::cool:
And of course Toots and Kittens had nothing to worry about as they moved in with a Cat Lover from Pet Talk, and now thier future is as bright as can be, as Momma and Babies have found thier place in the sun!!!
:cool::cool:
Bless You for helping a Momma Cat and Little Ones!!!
:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
04-18-2009, 05:11 PM
As you and everyone else has said....Mama kitty is absolutely beautiful! I said this outloud when I saw her picture.
I'm so glad you got her and her babies inside and will help them find furrever homes. :D

happylabs
04-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, the mamma is absolutely gorgeous. Glad you will be able to catch the babies and find them good homes. I am really going through kitten withdrawal this season! It has been almost 4 years since Tinky and Mack were kittens.

Laura's Babies
04-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Gorgeous!! OH Mama is simply stunning!!! What a cute name for her too. Those babies are darling! Oooooo.... what fun!!!!

cassiesmom
04-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Mama Rudy is beautiful and the kittens are darling! Bless you LionHart, for looking after them!

phesina
04-19-2009, 05:08 AM
Awwwwwwww.... Tootie the Cutie and her ADORABLE infants!

Fine work, LionHart. Thank you so much for all you are doing for these kitties!

Medusa
04-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Tootie is gorgeous! What a beautiful coat she has! Her babies are little fuzz nuggets! It's been so long since I've held a kitten. (Good thing, too. Very tempting to keep one.) Thank you for taking such good care of all of them. :)

RedHedd
04-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Aww! Tootie and her little patooties sure are cute! Congrats on catching them!

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow!!! Tootie sure is a beauty.:D Her kittens are adorable too.:) I'm glad that you were able to catch everyone and now they're in a safe place now.:) So will you be keeping Tootie?

moosmom
04-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Mama is stunning!!! Those little cutie patooties are adorable and I know will get placed fast.

lvpets2002
04-20-2009, 11:54 AM
:love: Awee Cutie Pootie is so Adorable.. The babies are just bundles of Cutie Sweetie Pies.. You mean your heart has not just broke of wanting to keep these three?? ;)

Husky_mom
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
is there a bigger font size than 7.... I can´t seem quite content writting in such small letters that momma is such a gorgeous girl!!!! ;)

babies are sooo cute!!!.. awww....

I too would´ve been after her... amazing beauty....*drools*

GILL
04-20-2009, 01:09 PM
OH DAM, I'M IN LOVE AGAIN what a beautiful family Moma's one gorgeous girl and the little ones oh boy.

katladyd
04-20-2009, 01:14 PM
It's too bad you don't live near me. All three of those lovely babies would have a good home, especially Momma Cat:love: Wow! She is gorgeous!

LionHart
04-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Thank you all and Tootie thanks you all for the kind words. :love:

The little family seems to be doing well, except for fleas! The other day we started letting Toots out of the cage a bit to mingle with her brothers and sisters and get some exercise while I cleaned things up. I'm thankful that she's trusting enough to let this happen. Today we took more than a peak at the babies and picked them up. When we did we were shocked at the number of fleas the babies have. I've tried looking on line for advise and it seems that it can be very harmful for the babies. Makes sense really, fleas feed off of blood and blood loss can cause anemia.

Most of the advise was geared to 'house cats' were you can control the situation, somewhat, with Frontline and the like, but what can we do? Tootie is a little wild one in that she runs when ever we make movement toward her. We have a flea comb but the comb is as big as the babies! And I don't know if handling them a lot right now will is the right thing to do. I can't believe that putting something on them like Frontline would be good for babies that are barely a week old.

HELP! Any suggestions?