PDA

View Full Version : Football 2009!

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I know it's early for this thread but I wanted to say Goodbye to John Madden.

Thanks for being a huge contributor to my FB watching pleasure.

Have fun in retirement and maybe now that no talent bum will stop doing his comedy shtick by imitating your voice?;):D

DJFyrewolf36
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Does that mean that they will stop making those stupid Madden video games too? THE CURSE IS REAL! Mark my words, I didn't believe it until Madden 07, when my beloved Hawks finally made it to the cover...and promptly SUCKED!

I got me a new Hawks hat for this season...lets hope the curse is broken.

smokey the elder
04-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm going to miss Madden and his odd words for things! Those are going to be BIG shoes to fill.

lvpets2002
04-17-2009, 10:13 AM
:) Oh I so agree.. I cant beleive he is realy retiring.. I will bet he comes back..
I'm going to miss Madden and his odd words for things! Those are going to be BIG shoes to fill.

RICHARD
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
:) Oh I so agree.. I cant beleive he is realy retiring.. I will bet he comes back..

Look at Brett F...........as much as I admire him????
Please go gen tly into the goodnight-YOU ARE STARTING to bug football fans?

Moesha
05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
(That's how I feel about Mark Martin.)

smokey the elder
05-07-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm like the guy in the NFL Shop commercial.. I bleed green and gold. What Favre wants to do and his alleged motivations are a disgrace. Brett! Grow up, already.

RICHARD
06-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Well, it's official, BF is going to 'see' about a comeback. He spoke to Jack Buck on his HBO show this past week.

As much as I hate to say this, I hope he doesn't. This guy is delusional.

I think it's partially the times he has 'overcome' adversity during his career.

His dependency probs, his dad passing and his wife becoming ill-all things that may have stopped any other person......

It's all in his mind now, He is a great player but it was telling when he said his body could not take the preseason games.

He just wants to slip the prelims and jump right into the lime light.

Sorry dude,

The mind is willing and the body is along for the ride.:(

smokey the elder
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Brett Favre...feh. I'm getting really sick of that guy.

Grace
06-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Is this only for Pro Football - or will we also be allowed to discuss the college games?

RICHARD
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Is this only for Pro Football - or will we also be allowed to discuss the college games?

Let's take a vote......

Yep!

It says FOOTBALL! :D

----------
There are 358 days until the World Cup, so I just may sneak some futbol in as a tease!;)

------------

OH OH OH,

What about the Donte Stallworth sentencing for the manslaughter case. Apparently he did a plea bargain/give the family some cash to get off with a lighter sentence...money talks.....you-know-what walks.:rolleyes:

Grace
06-17-2009, 02:22 PM
OH OH OH,

What about the Donte Stallworth sentencing for the manslaughter case. Apparently he did a plea bargain/give the family some cash to get off with a lighter sentence...money talks.....you-know-what walks.:rolleyes:

You know, I'm not sure how I feel about this. He did call 911 when it happened; he did take responsibility for the accident; and he's not one of those jerks like Burress.

The settlement was agreed to by all parties. The family didn't want this to be dragged on.

Do I think he should have spent more time in jail - yes. But I'm not going to blow a gasket about it, as this is what the family wanted.

RICHARD
06-17-2009, 02:49 PM
You know, I'm not sure how I feel about this. He did call 911 when it happened; he did take responsibility for the accident; and he's not one of those jerks like Burress.

The settlement was agreed to by all parties. The family didn't want this to be dragged on.

Do I think he should have spent more time in jail - yes. But I'm not going to blow a gasket about it, as this is what the family wanted.

Understood.

But what means does a working joe have to make a deal like that?

I just hate to see 'justice' perverted like that -all for the love of money.:(

Grace
06-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Understood.

But what means does a working joe have to make a deal like that?

I just hate to see 'justice' perverted like that -all for the love of money.:(

A working joe would lose, big time - or have to sell his soul to the devil.

Another problem this decision will cause - now every stupid sports figure will want the same type of arrangement.

Burress' attorney has already begun -

Plaxico Burress should receive a lenient sentence based on what Donte Stallworth got.

Donte Stallworth got 30 days in jail for killing someone driving drunk, while Plaxico Burress is facing 3-1/2 to 15 years in prison for shooting himself in the leg.

And Burress' attorney, Benjamin Brafman, doesn't think that's fair.

In an interview Tuesday night on Sirius NFL Radio's Late Hits, Brafman made sure to point out the "real disparity" in those two cases involving NFL wide receivers - a disparity that's now part of his argument for leniency in Burress' victimless crime.

"Donte' Stallworth, who is I think a fundamentally decent man, took a plea in a DWI case in which someone was killed and the jail sentence there was 30 days," Brafman said. "There are other components to the sentence - there'll be probation and community service and house arrest - but they gave him 30 days and someone ended up dying.

"In our case there is no victim. So I think I have a powerful argument as to why there should be a lenient sentence here. I just haven't gotten the district attorney to agree with me yet."

Burress, 31, is charged with criminal possession of a loaded and unlicensed weapon in Manhattan - a crime which carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 3-1/2 years.

RICHARD
06-17-2009, 03:37 PM
A working joe would lose, big time - or have to sell his soul to the devil.

Another problem this decision will cause - now every stupid sports figure will want the same type of arrangement.

Burress' attorney has already begun -

"In our case there is no victim. So I think I have a powerful argument as to why there should be a lenient sentence here. I just haven't gotten the district attorney to agree with me yet."

Burress, 31, is charged with criminal possession of a loaded and unlicensed weapon in Manhattan - a crime which carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 3-1/2 years.

Then, PB should make out a nice check to himself and everything will go away!:rolleyes:

I love the law!;)

RICHARD
06-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Los Estados Unidos just beat Espana 2-0 in the Confederation Cup (futbol).

We rock.

RICHARD
06-29-2009, 09:15 AM
UGh,

I got to the US v. Brazil game for the Confed Cup. As I stated the game at the beginning of the 2nd half, I saw them give up a goal, I got nervous and went to the kitchen.....I heard the second goal from there and didn't see the game winner.

Great showing in a series the never did well in-US soccer sucks anyway-but this team may make a showing in the World Cup....:D

Grace
07-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Steve McNair has been killed.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Former NFL MVP Steve McNair has been shot and killed. Titans owner Bud Adams confirmed the quarterback's death in a brief statement released Saturday.

Adams called him "one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl."

McNair led the Titans within a yard of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl.

RICHARD
07-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Football must be close at hand.

I saw Jerry Jones on the TV, If he does not see his shadow at the 50 yd line of the new stadium, It means that training camp has already started?

Weasel....I meant groundhog!!!!!

RICHARD
08-04-2009, 12:23 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/03/brett-favre-fans-who-are-sick-of-me-never-really-loved-me/?icid=main|main|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnfl.fanhous e.com%2F2009%2F08%2F03%2Fbrett-favre-fans-who-are-sick-of-me-never-really-loved-me%2F

Poor Brett, I was never a huge fan, so I don't care!

Prima Donna!:rolleyes:

smokey the elder
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Brett, do you want some cheese with that w(h)ine?:p

Grace
08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Poor Brett http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/hoo.gif

Grace
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Yikes, Eli Manning has signed a contract extension -

Eli Manning has agreed to a new six-year, $97 million contract extension with the New York Giants that will make him the highest paid player in the NFL with an average salary of roughly $15.3 million.

A person close to the talks who asked not to be identified says Manning is guaranteed $35 million under the deal that will keep him with the Giants through the 2015 season. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal was not signed and had not been announced.

I wonder if he'd like to adopt me?

smokey the elder
08-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Poor Brett http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/hoo.gif

:D Love the animation!

smokey the elder
08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
That traitor Favre just signed with the Vikings.:mad:

RICHARD
08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
That traitor Favre just signed with the Vikings.:mad:

Take a deep breathe...

I am joking when I say this-THe only thing that will keep Farve from playing is old age or death.

Not interested in his flip flopping. He's just another spot on the roster. GO AWAY~~~

I'd love to see what his wife says about the whole drama.:D

RICHARD
08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
JUst saw a pick of him in a MV helmet.

Didn't take long,eh?:rolleyes:

I had the sports channel on and Cris Carter said something about BF throwing to high school kids to practice.

Then it dawned on me.

What better way to 'prove' to yourself that you belong in the pros?

Throw to kids that have barely figured out 'which end is up', if they can catch your ball?

You belong in the pros!

smokey the elder
08-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Who I really feel sorry for is the incumbent quarterbacks, Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson. How would you feel in your job if you busted your heinie in the hot sun for two weeks, only to be told you were going to be bumped off the starting QB position by some old dude who hasn't put on pads since Jan. 2009?? There are an awful lot of Packers defenders who want to sack/pick off Favre!:p

RICHARD
08-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Who I really feel sorry for is the incumbent quarterbacks, Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson.

Doncha know it.

One of them looked stunned during an interview yesterday. I'd be ticked too.

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2009, 08:54 AM
I have one thing to say on this topic...

RAVENS RAVENS RAVENS
http://bestsmileys.com/sports1/25.gif

(who, by the way, had the sense to say from the outset there is NO WAY Michael Vick is playing for the Ravens!) :)

RICHARD
08-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I have to say that I do not care for T.O.

I saw his show on the tube and decided to take in a few minutes.

He's dating a 22 year old gal who wants to marry him. I was cheering for T.O. at the beginning to dump her, then I wanted him to get hitched to this bimbette and have a miserable life, ever after.:rolleyes:

This girl was a groupie x 11. He dodged a bullet on that one!!!!

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2009, 06:01 PM
NOBODY likes T.O. - that's a given!

RICHARD
08-19-2009, 07:21 PM
NOBODY likes T.O. - that's a given!

wOW, How did you post so quickly?;)

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Right now I'm watching TV and checking in during commercials...wait till Ravens season! This new connection is wonderful!!:D

Grace
08-23-2009, 10:17 PM
On September 5th, Ohio State University is hosting the United States Naval Academy. Now, I think we all can pretty much predict who will win that game.

Even though I am a Navy fan, I have such admiration for OSU right now.
Here is a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Z52GKONPc) that OSU has made about the game, and how they expect their fans to act on that day.

Gives me chills and LES whenever I watch it.

Warning - there is sound with this - wonderful sound.

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 07:06 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/26/naacp-civil-rights-groups-planning-pro-vick-rally-for-thursday/

What is wrong with that story?

DJFyrewolf36
08-29-2009, 12:24 AM
I decided to get into the football spirit and draw a picture...

http://a7.vox.com/6a00fae8df95a2000b011016c91f7f860d-500pi

Lovingly colored with gel pens! A tribute to my Hawks...looking good so far :D

RICHARD
08-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I decided to get into the football spirit and draw a picture...

http://a7.vox.com/6a00fae8df95a2000b011016c91f7f860d-500pi

Lovingly colored with gel pens! A tribute to my Hawks...looking good so far :D
Totally cool!

DJFyrewolf36
08-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Totally cool!

Thanks! Its one of the few things I have successfully drawn...Im thinking about trying my hand at other team logos too :D

RICHARD
09-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Brett Favre is a jerk. I baerly heard about the block he laid on the defensive player. Saw the video- You' think that a washed up QB would know better.

If anyone likes the other "football" and gets the English Premier League on their cable?

It's a soccer game with two fans that do the announcing for the tv broadcast. Great for learning 'proper' English and a real hoot when a team scores.

------------------

Hey, It's almost time to dust off Football Jesus for the season.....

Get your prayers in.:D

smokey the elder
09-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Favre has just made himself a big fat target with that boneheaded cheap shot.

Grace
09-02-2009, 03:11 PM
So I went looking at You Tube, and saw that stupid play by Favre.

What a jerk.

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Could anyone link me to a vid? I really want to see what happened...

RICHARD
09-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Sure bet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCSYvHuoRE.

---------------------

And on a somber note?

http://www.fanhouse.com/2009/08/31/small-town-coach-big-time-hero/?icid=webmail|wbml-aol|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanhouse.com%2F2009 %2F08%2F31%2Fsmall-town-coach-big-time-hero%2F

Grace
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
---------------------

And on a somber note?

http://www.fanhouse.com/2009/08/31/small-town-coach-big-time-hero/?icid=webmail|wbml-aol|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanhouse.com%2F2009 %2F08%2F31%2Fsmall-town-coach-big-time-hero%2F

That should be more important than any of the other junk.

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Sure bet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCSYvHuoRE.

---------------------

And on a somber note?

Thank you for both links Richard...there are some things way more important than others...

RICHARD
09-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey who does YOUR team play tonight?:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Since this is a football thread...Oregon lost to Bosie State (suprise suprise :rolleyes:)

I didn't see the game Richard but I saw the score at the end ;). Looks like I gotta find highlights!

RICHARD
09-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Since this is a football thread...Oregon lost to Bosie State (suprise suprise :rolleyes:)

I didn't see the game Richard but I saw the score at the end ;). Looks like I gotta find highlights!

Does the Boise State field make it hard to watch the game?

LOL,
I knew you'd torture me with the final score, congrats!:D

Grace
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Does the Boise State field make it hard to watch the game?

LOL,
I knew you'd torture me with the final score, congrats!:D

The Boise State players were wearing blue, and I thought it was difficult figuring which blue blob was field and which was player :)

Did you see this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWdHLrvrEe8) I think young Mr. Blount is going to be reprimanded.

RICHARD
09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
The Boise State players were wearing blue, and I thought it was difficult figuring which blue blob was field and which was player :)

Did you see this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWdHLrvrEe8) I think young Mr. Blount is going to be reprimanded.

Yeah,

There are some 'unwritten' rules about the post game mingle after a game.

You don't dog anyone you played across from.
It's always 'good game'-not "nice try", "next time" or "kicked your arse".
The beginning of the tape I saw showed the punched player slapping Blount on the shoulder pad-not as a gesture to fight, but like 'Hey, way to go"

Only god knows what was said.:eek:

--------------

For this weekend in college FB some coalition/group asked all the games to start with a midfield handshake with both teams participating.

Some college nixed the idea due to the fact that they were afraid of a fight breaking out.

So much for sportsmanship!:(

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Being from Eugene I will admit that some people need to get a grip...You should see the insanity that breaks out around here during home games! :rolleyes: For such a small town the fan (and player) idiocy tends to run high. Last football season, I had the misfortune of living in a rental that also had nightly hotel rooms. I am glad I worked graveyards at the time lol!

This year, my apartment is very far away. However, there are a lot of students of the U of O living in the neighborhood so I think I'll chain my car to my porch just to be safe...lol

Grace
09-04-2009, 04:44 PM
This year, my apartment is very far away. However, there are a lot of students of the U of O living in the neighborhood so I think I'll chain my car to my porch just to be safe...lol

And to what will you secure your porch :D

Grace
09-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Update - that Oregon player, Blount, has been suspended for the rest of the year.

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Update - that Oregon player, Blount, has been suspended for the rest of the year.

Good! Im glad to see his behavior punished. Being unsportsman like drags the game down for everyone.

And as to what I will secure my porch to...well hopefully it being attached to the building will help but since this building is old...:eek:

RICHARD
09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
The guy who 'started' the fight by being unsportsmanlike, wasn't touched.

In the tape you see him tap the Blount on the shoulder pads after he says something to him, then the coach grabs him to pull him away......that's when he took the lick.

The old football adage allpies here.

The ref never sees the first penalty-he only catches the the fight after.

Both bobos should be suspended.

Grace
09-04-2009, 05:45 PM
The guy who 'started' the fight by being unsportsmanlike, wasn't touched.

In the tape you see him tap the Blount on the shoulder pads after he says something to him, then the coach grabs him to pull him away......that's when he took the lick.

The old football adage allpies here.

The ref never sees the first penalty-he only catches the the fight after.

Both bobos should be suspended.

I saw the film from the beginning, Richard. I'm quite certain the Boise St. player didn't say anything sweet and light. But that is no excuse for a slug to the jaw.

Lady's Human
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Before the game, Blount popped off in the media about getting ready to kick Boise State's a** and other fine quotations.

Don't want players from the other team getting in your face after the game?

Don't act like an idiot before the game.

RICHARD
09-04-2009, 06:25 PM
I saw the film from the beginning, Richard. I'm quite certain the Boise St. player didn't say anything sweet and light. But that is no excuse for a slug to the jaw.

That's why god invented football helmets.:eek::confused:

If you have ever played football you miss half of the excitement on the field because you are fighting with the guy across from you.

If you -
Don't like each other
Took exception to something said on the field
Had someone cheap shot you
or want to get back at someone who was jawing before and after the game
the best thing to do is keep your mouth shut-you don't say ANYTHING to anyone except shake a hand or say "Good Game".

There is no excuse for clocking anyone for something stupid, but you cannot and should not rub anyone's nose into anything after a loss.

Think of it this way...

The guy that got clocked will be the butt of jokes for a while. People will ask hiw what he said to get the other player ticked off, they all will laugh about it and maybe it will be a lesson every time he tells the story.

His penance will be the clip of him getting clipped and almost going down.
But, he dodged a bullet by not being suspended.
----------------------

You would be amazed at what happens during a play.

It's not a place for manners and well wishes.

There aren't many rules about smack talking and showing people up-disgression is the better part of valor - and keep your chin strap buckled if you plan on talking shiat after the game.:D

RICHARD
09-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Before the game, Blount popped off in the media about getting ready to kick Boise State's a** and other fine quotations.

Don't want players from the other team getting in your face after the game?

Don't act like an idiot before the game.

I didn't hear that part of the story!

That puts a target on your back when you act and talk like that.

That is what is called blackboard smack.

The coaches will clip or print out stories from the media-such as interviews or quotes from the opposing players- and tape them to the blackboard for the team to read.

When they walk out onto the field on game day half the team is looking for your jersey number and most of them will have trace amounts of your DNA slathered all over their jerseys after the game.:eek:

RICHARD
09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.fanhouse.com/2009/09/04/alabama-high-school-pays-fitting-tribute-to-fallen-coach/?icid=main|main|dl4|link7|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanhous e.com%2F2009%2F09%2F04%2Falabama-high-school-pays-fitting-tribute-to-fallen-coach%2F

Follow up to the fallen coach story.

RICHARD
09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Here we go....

David, where are you!?!?!?!?!

----------

OH, the U.S. team needs one more victory to secure a berth in the World Cup in Africa next year!

RICHARD
09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
I am soooo happy.

Fox Sports has decided not to do the weather on their pregame shows.

It means that the big mouth weather broad won't ruin my mornings with stupidity!

Wheeeeee!

Grace
09-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I am soooo happy.

Fox Sports has decided not to do the weather on their pregame shows.

It means that the big mouth weather broad won't ruin my mornings with stupidity!

Wheeeeee!

She's pregnant with baby #2.

RICHARD
09-11-2009, 03:24 PM
She's pregnant with baby #2.

Please lord, help that poor child.

JR is on the morning show here in Lost Angeles.

She was bearable in the years past, now? I cannot even watch that channel in the a.m.

My mom used to watch it in the morning and laugh at what she would wear.:eek:

-------------------

The John Madden Curse lives.

Troy Polamanu is featured on the cover of the John Madden video game.

EVERYONE who gets that honor ends up having a crappy season or getting hurt.
TP got jacked last night!:eek:

Grace
09-11-2009, 03:29 PM
The John Madden Curse - is that similar to the SI curse?

Maybe worse, as you say those featured end up injured. With SI it's usually just a loss :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-11-2009, 04:03 PM
The John Madden Curse - is that similar to the SI curse?

Maybe worse, as you say those featured end up injured. With SI it's usually just a loss :rolleyes:

Yep.....It's just like the SI curse....

Hey, you sure know alot about sports curses..........

Do you have any 'pin cushions' at home?:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Shawn Alexander got hit with the Madden Curse as you all may recall :mad:.

I feel like a fool for buying a copy of the game :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-11-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/maddencurse.asp
:rolleyes::confused::eek:

Grace
09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
≈ Legend ≈

RICHARD
09-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I loves me my Sunday Night Football.

Bob Costas is looking old. THAT dude never aged-he always looked like a kid.
NOT any more.

WHY, WHY, WHY do they have to put that no-talent Keith Olberman have to even be on the tube during halftime?

KO was an OBNOXIOUS sports reader on KTLA here in Lost Angeles and he has not lost his touch...if he ever had one.

And what is the deal when they show a shot of the booth with Cris Collinsworth's head in the way of the scores?

Good games today!

RICHARD
09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Dear Football Jesus, Not to be confused with Touchdown Jesus...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ndstadium_basilica_dome_tdjesus.jpg

THank you for wonderful games (especially the NE/Buff game that just ended)
this weekend.

Thank you for making football fun for the opening weekend and please take care of all the players, fans and people who enjoy football in any way, shape and form.

Also please keep the beer cold, the weather nice and clear any motes from the eyes of the officials.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_eyes.gif

Amen.

RICHARD
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Were those some games last night?

Even tho I am a Raider fan, I was impressed with the way they played.
The announcers were saying "are the Chargers THAT bad, or Raiders THAT good?" I don't care, the game was one of the better ones they have played in a long, long time.

Thanks FBJ!:D

Pinot's Mom
09-15-2009, 11:16 AM
ravens....Ravens...RAVENS...RAVENS!!!:D

pomtzu
09-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I didn't watch the Eagle's game, but I heard that McNabb sustained a broken rib in the game on Sunday. Hmmm - I wonder what's next - blow out that knee again??? They have to find some way to get Vick in there when he's finally allowed to play. At least they are bringing Jeff Garcia back for now. What a stupid move that was to get rid of him in the first place. Almost as stupid as signing Vick. :rolleyes::eek::mad:

Grace
09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Dear Football Jesus, Not to be confused with Touchdown Jesus...

For those not familiar, here is the real deal -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/IMG_0354.jpg

Problem is - after they renovated the stadium, adding seats upwards, poor Jesus could no longer be seen from the stadium, in his entirety.

RICHARD
09-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Problem is - after they renovated the stadium, adding seats upwards, poor Jesus could no longer be seen from the stadium, in his entirety.

As long as he keeps his hands up in the air to signal a score?

All is good?:D

-------------------------

The refs took a TD away from the Raiders, late in the game, that really irritated me. But, so is life andsports!:mad::eek::confused:

smokey the elder
09-16-2009, 12:07 PM
The Packers actually managed to win a close one for a change! Nice long bomb against Da Bears with under 2 min. left. Green Bay's defense is a terror! They stuffed Matt Forte the whole night.

DJFyrewolf36
09-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Did anyone see Washington upset USC yesterday? That was a darn good game! I get to watch football all day today...so Ill post my thoughts when I get home...posting from the phone is a pain!

cassiesmom
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh my goodness, the Bears just beat Pittsburgh on a Robbie Gould 40+ yard field goal. I shut it off when Pittsburgh was up 14-7!

RICHARD
09-20-2009, 09:25 PM
You can't leave the TV at all...

YOu have to watch it to the end. I think Football Jesus will bless us with a good year......

DJ,

Be nice....:eek:;)

Why do I dislike Jerry Jones so much?

DJFyrewolf36
09-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Richard I am being nice. :D Im all for upsetting the BCS but when Washington does it Im doubly thrilled! Besides I need some sort of solace, my butt is sore from watching the abysmal FAIL of the Seahawks against San Fran. Maybe San Fran will go far :confused: :D

Anyone watch the Cinci Green Bay game? Talk about one not to miss!

Pinot's Mom
09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Oh my goodness, the Bears just beat Pittsburgh on a Robbie Gould 40+ yard field goal. I shut it off when Pittsburgh was up 14-7!

...and might I say I'd like to send Da Bears a thank you card! Anyone that beats Pittsburgh gets one from me!

The RAVENS are 2-0! :D

RICHARD
09-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Some really good games in the last twoo weekends!:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
...and might I say I'd like to send Da Bears a thank you card! Anyone that beats Pittsburgh gets one from me!

Seconded! (sorry David lol)

The Niners are 2-0 too! :eek::eek::eek:

RICHARD
09-23-2009, 10:19 AM
http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/09/22/chip-kelly-pays-fan-for-ducks-flop/

I wonder........:D

smokey the elder
09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
*sniff* What was that awful stench coming from Lambeau Field on Sunday? Oh, it was the offensive line!:D:p

RICHARD
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
*sniff* What was that awful stench coming from Lambeau Field on Sunday? Oh, it was the offensive line!:D:p

It's not cheese?:confused::eek:;)

Wait until mid season and check out the stench from Oakland.:o

DJFyrewolf36
09-23-2009, 05:36 PM
http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/09/22/chip-kelly-pays-fan-for-ducks-flop/

I wonder........:D

Maybe you should start keeping your reciepts relating to anything involving Oakland this year...hehe

Oregon was HORRIBLE vs Boise State but that horrible? I might ask Seattle for mental damages for the game vs SF...now that was worthy of a refund.

cassiesmom
09-23-2009, 06:04 PM

Don't send it till the end of the season! We're talking about the Bears here - they could still finish 1-15.

Grace
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
The Detroit Lions just won their first game since December 2007!!

RICHARD
09-28-2009, 11:29 AM
The Detroit Lions just won their first game since December 2007!!

they cheated!;)

-------------

I have to say that I really have been disgusted about all the 'sliding' the
announcers have been giving Favre and Vick.

MY only hero is Rich Gannon, after the Raiders let him go, he became very vocal about how they treated him. He has since retired and became an announcer.

He was set to do the Oakland/Denver game and was banned form the pre production meetings because he was too critical of the team.

Anyway,
The idiots calling the games have elevated both BF and MV as couple of guys who just hit a little speed bump on the way to the NFL.

BF is a prima donna and I can hardly wait for more and more players to start whining about playing extra preseason games.

MV and his smarmy EFF U smirk when they ask him about how he feels about playing in his first game... He pulled a fast on on the dogs, the REAL FANS of football and what is acceptable as far as off-field behavior.

I still don't understand that one, Mr. Commish!

Moron.

Cataholic
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
There is a rumor going around that Cincinnati beat the Steelers yesterday....

smokey the elder
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Yesterday was a Red Zone Channel day for sure! So many close games.

I think there were as many Packers fans as Rams fans in the Edward Jones Dome yesterday! I heard "Go Pack Go!" quite a few times.

RICHARD
09-28-2009, 06:08 PM
http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/09/28/junior-seau-run-down-by-bull/

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Fool!:D

Grace
09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
That's what I call a load of http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/bs.gif - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/lol1.gif

RICHARD
09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
That's what I call a load of http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/bs.gif - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/lol1.gif

Still in the package.:D

Grace
09-28-2009, 09:34 PM
This is really scarey -

LOS ANGELES – Southern California tailback Stafon Johnson had emergency throat surgery Monday after a weightlifting accident.

The senior who scored the No. 7 Trojans' go-ahead touchdown against Ohio State two weeks ago was bench-pressing when the bar slipped from his right hand and fell onto his throat.

Probably fractured his trachea.

RICHARD
09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
This is really scarey -

Probably fractured his trachea.

No kidding......

In other FBnews?

Some kid at the high school I went to had the game of ages last week. He ran for 420 yards and scored a few points too!

I have been looking for a web story on him to post...pretty crazy!:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Blah...what a bad week for my teams :rolleyes:

*hides until next week*

Grace
09-29-2009, 06:32 PM
More on that USC player -

LOS ANGELES – Southern California tailback Stafon Johnson probably wouldn't have survived his weightlifting accident without his muscular athlete's neck, which helped maintain his airway when a weight bar crashed down on it, a doctor said Tuesday.

Johnson could communicate non-verbally with his family members and teammates on Tuesday morning, less than 24 hours after his bench-pressing accident in the Trojans' weight room. The bar crushed his neck and larynx, which required seven hours of surgery.

Johnson's fitness helped him survive, said Dr. Gudata Hinika, the trauma medical director at California Hospital Medical Center.

Johnson is unlikely to play again for USC, but coach Pete Carroll is grateful for the team leader's improved health.

"He's not talking, but he was doing his wave and writing," Carroll said. "It's very uplifting for his mom and his family and all the guys who got a chance to go down there."

Hinika said Johnson is recovering well and is in stable condition. Johnson, who was taken away from USC's campus wearing a neck brace, woke up Tuesday morning after undergoing an emergency tracheotomy, followed by reconstructive surgery.

Johnson's mother, Kim Mallory, happened to be working at the same downtown Los Angeles hospital where her son was transported Monday.

It's unclear when Johnson will be able to speak again, but he's expected to fully recover. The news was greeted with sighs of relief at USC's Heritage Hall, where the seventh-ranked Trojans gathered before Tuesday's practice in preparation for Saturday's key game at No. 24 California.

"We're connected. This is a very tight program and a very tight team," Carroll said. "Stafon has been a spiritual leader and a leader on the field for a long time here. We're going to do everything we can to support him and his family. This morning, everyone has been encouraged."

DJFyrewolf36
10-04-2009, 11:09 PM
On a happy note this week...Yay Oregon!

And on a much more annoyed note...BOO Seattle!!! They looked like garbage! Way to score two tuchdowns at the last minute when you are down by MORE THAN TWO SCORES. :mad:

RICHARD where are you, I need a hug...

RICHARD
10-04-2009, 11:49 PM
RICHARD where are you, I need a hug...

LOL,
Seattle fans and Oakland fans hugging?:D

Well, if no one is looking.......:D

What the hell happened with both teams.:rolleyes:

Pinot's Mom
10-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Well, I haven't been on in over a week so I have some catching up to do...

LAST WEEK: Ravens WHOOOMPED up on Cleveland!! Go Boys!! :D

THIS WEEK: :( What happened on the last drive??? SO CLOSE!!

I think I have to be quiet now for a week as well....

pomtzu
10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Well, I haven't been on in over a week so I have some catching up to do...

LAST WEEK: Ravens WHOOOMPED up on Cleveland!! Go Boys!! :D

THIS WEEK: :( What happened on the last drive??? SO CLOSE!!

I think I have to be quiet now for a week as well....

I was thinking of you yesterday when I saw the game. My granddaughter is a Pat's fan, so she was watching and holding her breath at the end. I was going to email you then, but I thought I'd let you and Coop cry in your beer (or wine) in peace! :D

lvpets2002
10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
:rolleyes: I am so pee owwdd at our Quarter Back that its unreal.. Yes I am talking about Tony Romo with the Dallas Cowboys.. He just gets worse with each game.. I sure think they need to look into a new Quarter Back.. And he does not even have JS as a girl friend distraction this year..:p

pomtzu
10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
He just gets worse with each game.. I sure think they need to look into a new Quarter Back..

Could I interest you in Michael Vick??? :confused::eek: There's a lot of people in Phila who would love to see him go to Dallas - or anywhere for that matter!:D

Pinot's Mom
10-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I was thinking of you yesterday when I saw the game. My granddaughter is a Pat's fan, so she was watching and holding her breath at the end. I was going to email you then, but I thought I'd let you and Coop cry in your beer (or wine) in peace! :D

Thanks, Ellie, I appreciate that! I have to look on the bright side, though; we're 3 & 1 and .... WE DON'T HAVE MICHAEL VICK!! :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2009, 03:43 AM
LOL,
Seattle fans and Oakland fans hugging?:D

Well, if no one is looking.......:D

What the hell happened with both teams.:rolleyes:

I'm a good sport, remember? :D Maybe next week will be better. Whats up with San Fran this year? I don't care how many 4-0 teams there are...I think the 49ers have a good shot in the post season this year :cool:

lvpets2002
10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
:rolleyes: Heck NO we dont need MV in Texas.. Yawll just keep him on the East Coast ok.. By the way I think he has already tried to come to the Cowboys & we have already rejected him If I am remembering right..:p
Could I interest you in Michael Vick??? :confused::eek: There's a lot of people in Phila who would love to see him go to Dallas - or anywhere for that matter!:D

Grace
10-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Armed Forces Tripleheader
By Tim Lemke, Washington Times
Oct. 5, 2009

You've got Army. You've got Navy. You've got Air Force. And they're all playing, one right after another, in a tripleheader on Saturday on CBS College Sports.

The cable network is taking advantage of this rare scenario to proclaim it "Armed Forces Appreciation Week," with classic games featuring the service academies and profiles of current and former players.

CBS College will also offer a free preview for all cable and satellite subscribers this week.

The Armed Forces Network will simulcast the games to miltary installations overseas.

The football schedule will be as follows:

Vanderbilt at Army: 12 noon ET

Navy at Rice: 3:30 p.m. ET

TCU at Air Force: 7:30 p.m. ET

Prior to each game, there will be an on-field ceremony with team captains honoring Army football alum Pete Dawkins, Navy football alum Joe Bellino and Air Force footbal alum Chad Hennings with footballs and American flags that originated with troops overseas.

Another intriguing tidbit worth noting is that CBS golf analyst David Feherty will serve as a sideline reporter for the Navy-Rice game. The amusing Scotsman is involved with the Troops First Foundation, and created a charity devoted to soldiers wounded by Improvised Explosive Devices (IED's.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CBS does a fantastic job broadcasting the Service Academy games. They are actually on the CBS College Sports channel. Then CBS does the Army-Navy game in December.

http://www.navygear.com/store/graphics/00000001/go_navy_beat_army_banner_thumb.jpg

RICHARD
10-06-2009, 04:55 PM
The games will be played on OCT. 10......

RICHARD
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Vanderbilt at Army: OT, Army W 16-13
Navy at Rice: Navy W -63-14
TCU at Air Force: AF L 20-17.

----------------

U.S.A makes it into the 2010 World Cup...:D

---------------

And Thank George the Rams are worse than the Raiders?:rolleyes:

----------

DJ,

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/10/11/seahawks-fullback-owen-schmitt-gets-a-little-too-fired-up/

;):eek::confused:

Grace
10-14-2009, 10:10 PM
From the NY Times -

October 14, 2009
California School Has a Montana and a Gretzky at Quarterback
By KAREN CROUSE

WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. — In the halls of the Oaks Christian School, students’ artwork is displayed next to pieces by Charles Arnoldi, a noted American painter who uses tree branches in his compositions. Twigs from lofty family trees are also arranged, to arresting effect, by Coach Bill Redell on the rectangular canvas that is the football field.

Quarterback Nick Montana is the son of Joe Montana, who led the San Francisco 49ers to four Super Bowl victories and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000. His backup is Trevor Gretzky, whose father, Wayne, won four Stanley Cups and proceeded directly to the Hockey Hall of Fame after retiring as the N.H.L.’s career leading scorer.

The composition of the Oaks Christian Lions, who are 5-0 and ranked fifth in the country by USA Today, ensures that each game has the feel of a movie premiere, with fans in the stands staring at the fathers as they watch their sons play.

Trevor Gretzky insisted that people recognized Nick Montana’s father more often than his own at the games. “Especially my generation; no one really knows who he is,” Trevor said of his father. “People don’t notice him compared with Joe Montana.”

That was not necessarily true when the Lions played recently at Venice High School. After the game, while his mother, Janet Jones, fell into conversation with other parents on the field, a steady stream of people drifted over to his father to have photographs taken with him. As Wayne Gretzky walked toward the exit, fans continued to give chase. Between poses, he pleaded, “Janet, let’s go!”

Nick Montana’s father watches games from the top row of bleachers, a foam cup of coffee in one hand and a baseball cap low on his forehead. Shortly after Nick threw an interception at Venice, Joe Montana cupped his hands over his mouth and shouted in his son’s direction. Nick was oblivious, but a teammate nudged him and gestured in his father’s direction.

Looking up, Nick Montana saw his father point his fingers at his eyes and motion as if he were trying to bail water out of a boat. He wanted his son to go through his receiver progressions. Later, Nick Montana shrugged and said, “I had no idea.”

He was a toddler in 1994 when his father played his 15th and final N.F.L. season, with Kansas City. Trevor was 6 in 1999 when his father wrapped up his 20-year N.H.L. career, with the Rangers. Because they cannot remember much of their fathers’ playing days, each has Rose Mary Woods-like gaps in his knowledge of his father’s career.

During an ESPN interview last year, Nick Montana said he did not know the player on the receiving end of the Catch. (It was Dwight Clark.) Trevor Gretzky, who is 6 feet 4 inches and took a turn in goal at his father’s fantasy camp in Canada two years ago, drew a blank when his father said he filled the net like Ken Dryden, the 6-4 Hall of Fame goaltender who won six Stanley Cups with the Montreal Canadiens.

The sons recognize that their fathers’ achievements are better known to many others. They also accept that people make presumptions about them based on their fathers’ athletic reputations.

“People think you’re snobby, you’re into yourself, you have a big head,” Nick Montana said with a sigh.

They kill the assumptions with humility and do their best to blend in. As their teammate Brian Fifita said, “They’re just kids trying to be kids.”

Trevor Gretzky, a 17-year-old junior, is four inches taller than his father, an elongated clone physically but otherwise his own person. By the time Wayne Gretzky was 17, he had set a single-season scoring record for the Ontario Major Junior Hockey League. Trevor does not mind being Nick Montana’s understudy, saying, “To be a starter at quarterback here at Oaks is such an honor, you have to wait your turn.”

Trevor Gretzky began his high school football career as a linebacker, and he is also attracting the interest of N.C.A.A. Division I colleges as a catcher in baseball. After seeing his fluid throwing motion behind the plate, Janet Jones had a hunch he would be a good quarterback. She arranged for him to meet Steve Clarkson, a quarterbacks coach based in Southern California whose list of clients includes the Arizona Cardinals’ Matt Leinart and Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen, a former Oaks Christian star.

“Will you just tell me I’m not crazy?” she asked Clarkson.

At first, her son did not know how to grip the football properly, and his first few throws sailed end over end like punts. But he caught on quickly.

Clarkson said, “I remember calling up Coach Redell and saying, ‘You’re not going to believe this, but Janet was right.’ ”

Redell, 69, was no stranger to Wayne Gretzky, who remembered him as a quarterback for the Canadian Football League franchise in Hamilton. In 1967, Redell led the Tiger-Cats to the Grey Cup.

Wayne Gretzky accompanied his son to his introductory meeting with Redell and said, “Did you know I got your autograph when I was 9 years old?”

Without missing a beat, Redell winked at the younger Gretzky and said, “See, I was the Great One before your father.”

Trevor Gretzky is not in direct competition with his father’s legend, for which he considers himself blessed.

He cannot imagine trying to be the Greater One.

“I think Nick’s situation is 10 times harder than mine,” he said. “My dad was in a whole different sport. They can’t compare my stats to his.”

Nick Montana, 17, a senior, moved with his family to Southern California last year to be closer to Clarkson, his personal coach. He enrolled at Oaks Christian, whose passing offense was a major drawing point. Upon arriving on campus, he bonded with Trevor, one of the few other teenagers on the planet whose father is a sports icon.

“We probably talked about it once,” Nick Montana said. “I asked him about his dad in Canada and what it’s like when he’s there, like, does he get mobbed?”

At 6-3, Montana, who has committed to Washington, is an inch taller than his father. The resemblance is so striking that when he throws on the run, one nearly expects to see Jerry Rice downfield.

“Nobody has as much pressure as he does, being the son of a Hall of Famer,” Clarkson said. “But he’s not fazed by his last name. He’s not rattled by anything. If he has a bad play, it’s followed up by seven, eight or nine great plays. His personality is very eerily Joe-like.”

One of Nick Montana’s favorite receivers is Trey Smith, a junior who is developing into a Division I prospect, Redell said. Trey’s father is the actor Will Smith, who has cleared his schedule so he can attend every game.

“I’ve heard some kids at our school saying, ‘I’m going to go to the game to see Will,’ ” Trevor Gretzky said with a lopsided grin. At that moment, he could have passed for his father.

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Westlake-T.O. is an elite private school "over the hill" and Clarkson runs a QB 'school' that cranks out QBs like nobody's business.

The P.S.'s out here crank out very good athlete's and if they specialize in a sport? They get waiting lists of kids and parents who want to play for the programs.

I saw Joe Montana play yesterday- that was 15 years ago?

BS!;)

smokey the elder
10-15-2009, 02:28 PM
It's really neat to see sons of former NFL players coming up in this generation (the Manning brothers; Howie Long's son, Chris Simms, etc.) In a game Saturday Ironhead Heyward's son played for Ohio State and Al Toon's kid played for Wisconsin! I think Jerry Rice's son is in high school.

One odd bit of trivia: James Laurinitis (sp?), who plays for the Rams, is the son of wrestler "Road Warrior Animal".:p

DJFyrewolf36
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Vanderbilt at Army: OT, Army W 16-13
Navy at Rice: Navy W -63-14
TCU at Air Force: AF L 20-17.

----------------

U.S.A makes it into the 2010 World Cup...:D

---------------

And Thank George the Rams are worse than the Raiders?:rolleyes:

----------

DJ,

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/10/11/seahawks-fullback-owen-schmitt-gets-a-little-too-fired-up/

;):eek::confused:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just another reason to :rolleyes: at this season lol

Lady's Human
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM
If anyone has seen a quarterback wearing the Tennessee Titans uniform, please contact Jeff Fischer.

-7 yards passing?:eek:

For a game?:eek::eek:

Moesha
10-18-2009, 07:01 PM
That wasn't even the worst part of that game. Oh my! That was ugly. :eek: It was like a car accident. I couldn't change the channel. And since I'm in Tennessee, they showed the entire game!

Lady's Human
10-18-2009, 07:19 PM
On the upside, #12 set a new NFL record.......most TD passes in a quarter.:D

cassiesmom
10-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh dear, what happened to Tennessee today? It stopped being fun to watch when the other team was scoring and scoring and there was almost no defense. Now da Bears are playing.

DJFyrewolf36
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
If anyone has seen a quarterback wearing the Tennessee Titans uniform, please contact Jeff Fischer.

-7 yards passing?:eek:

For a game?:eek::eek:

I was flipping through the stations at work and I couldn't bear to watch more than a few seconds...:eek: is right!

Seattle looked like garbage yet again...my division SUCKS!

*can I say sucks on here?* :confused:

RICHARD
10-19-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't even peek anymore.;)

I have to say that watching Denver keep going is not making me feel any better?

-7?

Holy poop.

I wonder what the O-line has to say this morning.;)

DJFyrewolf36
10-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I wonder what the O-line has to say this morning.;)

If it isn't "Sorry for the abysmal fail. We will be giving todays pay back to the team to buy training videos" they aren't saying the right thing...:D

smokey the elder
10-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I want to go up to Jeff Fisher's team and say, "Who are you and what have you done with the Titans??"

The Packers won in spite of the usual penalties and sack troubles. I thought they were supposed to fix that during the bye? FOCUS, people! *virtual Stooge Slap to the lot of them*

smokey the elder
10-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Best name of the year: Elvis Dumervil, defensive lineman for the Broncos. He leads the lead with 10 sacks! He's a little guy, too.

Grace
11-07-2009, 05:52 PM
NAVY 23

Notre Dame 21

Second straight victory for Navy at South Bend. Gets Navy into the Texas Bowl; probably sinks the Irish's chances for a bowl bid.

RICHARD
11-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Gets Navy into the Texas Bowl; probably sinks the Irish's chances for a bowl bid.

You know, That is where Touchdown Jesus lives.:eek::)

Grace
11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
You know, That is where Touchdown Jesus lives.:eek::)

Where - in Texas?

Actually, Notre Dame could go to a bowl game, but it won't be one of the BCS bowls. As my son said just a few minutes ago - that was a $12,000,000 loss for the Irish - think bowl payoff. And it pretty well eliminates Jimmy Clausen from Heisman consideration.

RICHARD
11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Where - in Texas?

No at ND......

But TDJ listens to everyone across the world.

Grace
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
No at ND......

But TDJ listens to everyone across the world.

Oh, I knew that - I even have pictures. Took this one back in 2005 when we were down there for the Navy game. That one Navy lost :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/IMG_0354.jpg

lvpets2002
11-09-2009, 10:15 AM
:eek: WoW I think the Dallas Cowboys Have Finally Woke Up.. Hey they played last quarter yesterday pretty good.. Now if they wont loose train of thoughts..:D

Pinot's Mom
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm glad for you. Unfortunately, the Ravens went back to sleep this week. :(

cassiesmom
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Well... the Bears were 3 and 1 - now they're 4 and 4. When does baseball start again?

DJFyrewolf36
11-10-2009, 02:33 AM
My thoughts this week:

Seattle = Yay! :D Could we PLEASE play this good more often? (minus the abysmal FAIL in the first quarter)

San Fran = BOO! :mad: The Titans, come on! (no offense to Titan fans :D )

Arizona did GREAT this week...:rolleyes:

Oregon = Triple BOO!!! :mad: Way to choke defense. The offense had that game won, you don't put up over 500 total yards and LOSE!

Heres to a better week for left coast football...

PS: GO NAVY!

RICHARD
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
What about dem Raiders!

There feel better?:D

--------------

I had the MNF game on last night and I had to check the paper this morning to see who won!:eek::D

davidpizzica
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
What about dem Raiders!

There feel better?:D

--------------

I had the MNF game on last night and I had to check the paper this morning to see who won!:eek::D

The Steelers won, RICHARD! They played very well in that thinner atmosphere.

Pinot's Mom
11-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Meaning no disrespect, David, but that does not improve my feelings on the football situation in general. Pittsburgh wins and Baltimore loses....boo....hiss...

smokey the elder
11-10-2009, 02:12 PM
WHY can't Green Bay win at Tampa Bay? Is that team full of morons? STILL no offensive line. STILL way too many penalties.:mad:

DJFyrewolf36
11-10-2009, 03:27 PM
WHY can't Green Bay win at Tampa Bay? Is that team full of morons? STILL no offensive line. STILL way too many penalties.:mad:

Maybe the moron teams can have a playoff lol :D

You in RICHARD?

RICHARD
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
LOL,

I was a Dallas fan on Sunday-anything is possible.:)

cassiesmom
11-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Da Bears lost to San Francisco, coached by former Bear Mike Singletary, 10 to 6. A much lower score than I expected. Now they are 4 and 5.

RICHARD
11-14-2009, 08:44 PM
DUDE!
What happened to USC?

The wheels fell of the bus, the transmission scraped on the ground until it caught on fire. Then the gas tank blew up, just to be sure.

35 points, that was painful:eek:

RICHARD
11-20-2009, 03:20 PM
OH ME, OH MY.

I just saw the controversial goal in the France/Ireland qualifier for the World Cup.

I just have two words to say about THAT.

Where were the refs?:confused::eek::rolleyes:

cassiesmom
11-21-2009, 08:20 PM
The Chicago Bears football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field.

Head coach Lovie Smith immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white
substance unknown to players was the GOAL LINE.

Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to
encounter the substance again this season.

RICHARD
11-21-2009, 08:36 PM
The Chicago Bears football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field.

Head coach Lovie Smith immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white
substance unknown to players was the GOAL LINE.

Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to
encounter the substance again this season.

Classic. LOLOLOL!

Poor Notre Dame!:eek:

Pinot's Mom
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm beginning to hate football. :rolleyes:

Ravens, you ALMOST HAD IT!! Ed Reed, and our new kicker, whatever your name is, I could smack you right now.

OK - finished venting - continue your NFL viewing.:mad:

DJFyrewolf36
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Seattle STINKS :mad: :mad: :mad:

I knew that the Vikings would kill them today...doesn't make watching it any more pleasant...being home sick didn't exactly help either :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
11-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Green Bay let the 'Niners get too close in the second half, but they've improved a lot! Al Harris and Aaron Kampman may be out for the season, though.:(

RICHARD
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
What?

The Raiders won?

And it was a gift win anyway!:eek:;)

lvpets2002
11-23-2009, 03:32 PM
:p Well the Dallas Cowboys are hanging on By Their Rinnee Tinn Tinnnss.. They had better step it up on the Defense or Elsessss..

davidpizzica
11-24-2009, 08:21 AM
I wonder who the Steelers are going to get for a quarterback next week? Big Ben got his bell rung last sunday, and Batch broke his wrist in the same game. Heinz Ward??

lvpets2002
11-24-2009, 11:40 AM
:rolleyes: Yup our so Called QuarterBack got sacked in the back Sunday && I feel sure he will not be in Thanksgiving Game.. Maybe we will use our Suppose to be Good Backup QuarterBack.. Maybe he will open some eyes with the coachs..
I wonder who the Steelers are going to get for a quarterback next week? Big Ben got his bell rung last sunday, and Batch broke his wrist in the same game. Heinz Ward??

RICHARD
11-28-2009, 11:21 PM
WOW, some great football today!

Great catches, plays and endings...

Lady's Human
11-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Did the NFL take the weekend off and use substitute players?

Yawn.

Moesha
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Must not have watched the Arizona/Tennessee game. Of course, it probably wasn't aired in most places. I actually only watched the last 2 minutes.

Lady's Human
11-29-2009, 07:54 PM
No, but I'd like to credit Fox for cutting away from one absolutely terrible blowout to another absolutely boring blowout........midway through the third quarter.

They did show the final seconds of the Titans/Cardinals, though.

Well, maybe the Patsies can hammer NO and salvage the weekend tomorrow night. :p

cassiesmom
11-29-2009, 08:32 PM

Only the Bears did. They were up in Minnesota today . I didn't even bother to watch it because I knew they wouldn't win against Favre.

Moesha
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, maybe the Patsies can hammer NO and salvage the weekend tomorrow night. :p

I don't care what the final score is as long as Brees gets more fantasy points than Brady. I'm playing my brother, and the game will come down to the battle of the Monday night quarterbacks.

Pinot's Mom
11-30-2009, 07:49 AM
The RAVENS WON, doing the HAPPY DANCE!!! :)

lvpets2002
11-30-2009, 09:34 AM
:o You know Dallas CowBoys are still Winning.. No less than by their rinny-tinn-tinnss..

Grace
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Richard, have you heard about this boy? (http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/6341/one-last-look-usc-draws-inspiration-from-fan)

I had read something earlier in the season, but didn't know until my son sent the link that he had the eye removed.

Cheers for the USC team :love:

RICHARD
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Richard, have you heard about this boy? (http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/6341/one-last-look-usc-draws-inspiration-from-fan)

I had read something earlier in the season, but didn't know until my son sent the link that he had the eye removed.

Cheers for the USC team :love:

Wow,
Great story.

That is what sports is really about.

RICHARD
12-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Just saw the World Cup drawings for groups

The U.S. got a great draw.

6 months!

Grace
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
In case you didn't see it in PARADE magazine -

When Army Battles Navy
by John Feinstein
12/06/2009

This coming Friday night, on the eve of the 110th football game between Army and Navy, Anthony Noto, 41, will walk into a bar in Philadelphia wearing a black Army letterman's sweater.

He will be greeted by David Lillefloren, 40, and they will hug each other, order drinks, and toast.

The men became friends off the field after three years of battling each other on the field--as Army and Navy players often do. They still argue--every year--about whether Lillefloren, an offensive lineman who graduated from Navy one year after Noto graduated from Army, sent Noto flying on the opening drive of the 1990 game.

"I pancaked you," Lillefloren will say, using a football term for knocking someone flat while blocking.

"Not me," Noto will answer. "It was our other linebacker. I'll show you the tape."

"I remember it. I got you," Lillefloren will respond.

"Who won the game, Dave?"

"Who has won the last seven games, Anthony?"

And so it will go all night.

For years now, they have had a friendly bet on the game. Their latest is that the loser has to wear his letterman's sweater the night before the next year's game--whether it fits or not.

On Friday, Noto, who has lost the bet seven straight years, will be wearing his Army sweater.

While Lillefloren and Noto are teasing and toasting, this year's teams will be getting ready to play in the only rivalry in college football where the opponents truly feel bonded to one another.

Army cornerback Mario Hill will go to bed knowing he has one final chance to beat Navy.

"My last game in high school, we finally beat our archrivals for the first time," Hill says. "I've spent this whole year thinking my college career will end the way my high school career did. ‘’
"There's no one you respect more but no one you want to beat more," he says. "Every year, I get chills when we run onto the field. But I want to hear our alma mater played second--just once--before I'm through."

One of the great traditions in sports is the playing of the alma maters at the end of the Army-Navy game. The players, coaches, and students (the entire corps of cadets and the entire brigade of midshipmen attend the game) stand together. The losers always go first. Then the players cross the field together to hear the winner's song.

"The greatest feeling you can have in the world is crossing that field to hear 'Blue and Gold' [Navy's alma mater] after they've played Army's song," says Ram Vela, who at 5 feet 9 and 193 pounds may be the smallest linebacker playing major college football. "When we stand there and I know the Army guys are standing right behind us, or sometimes even with us, it's like nothing else we experience. It sounds corny, but they are our brothers."

In many ways, Vela is a poster boy for those who play for Army and Navy. Since every graduate of both academies must serve five years in the military, almost no one with serious NFL ambitions considers either school. That means the coaches seek players like Vela who may be overlooked because they lack size or speed but who make up for it with smarts, toughness, and desire.

As a high school senior in San Antonio, Tex., Vela jumped at the chance to go to the Naval Academy. He not only became a starter, he made the key defensive play of Navy's stunning triple-overtime upset of Notre Dame in 2007, jumping over a Notre Dame blocker for a fourth-down sack late in the game. It was the first time in 43 years that Navy had beaten the Irish.

"We all like the idea that what we do here is overcome odds, do things we aren't supposed to be able to do," Vela said. "Most of us have been told that we aren't good enough to play big-time football. There's nothing we love more than proving those people wrong."

When they play the alma maters after the game on Saturday, regardless of who wins, Lt. Cmdr. Damon Myers will no doubt feel waves of emotion. He will be in Kabul, Afghanistan, where he is currently deployed, meaning the game will begin shortly after midnight. But he will find a way to watch it or listen to it one way or the other.

In 1997, while a junior at Navy, Myers was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes seven days before the Army-Navy game. He was admitted to Bethesda Naval hospital for treatment and watched the game that Saturday from the hospital, choking up when he saw that not only were his teammates wearing the letters "DM" on their helmets, the entire brigade was wearing them.

Navy won the game that day, breaking a five-game losing streak to Army, and his teammates dedicated the game to him. Two days later, Myers was resting in his room when a nurse told him the superintendent had come to visit him. Myers was delighted that Adm. Charles Larson, superintendent of the Naval Academy, was coming to see him.

But when the door opened, Larson wasn't there. Gen. Daniel Christman, the Army superintendent, was, and he was carrying a football. He introduced himself to Myers and said, "Damon, our football team wanted me to bring this to you."

It was a game ball, signed by every member of the Army team. "They all want you back on the field next year," Christman said, smiling. "They want a chance to whip you and your teammates."

A year later, Myers was on the field as a Navy senior. Army won the game late 34-30, and as he crossed the field to hear Army's alma mater, Myers was emotional, thrilled to be healthy and playing but sad to have lost his final college football game.

As the song and his tears started, he felt an arm around his shoulder. He looked up and saw General Christman. Without a word, he buried his head on Christman's shoulder and cried.

"There was no need to say anything," Christman said later. "At that moment every year, Army and Navy are one team. And everyone on that field knows it."

As does everyone watching. Regardless of who has to wear the letterman's sweater a year from now.

PARADE Contributing Editor John Feinstein is the best-selling author of 25 books, including "Cover-up: Mystery at the Super Bowl."

DJFyrewolf36
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks for that Richard!

Yay BCS time...GO DUCKS!

RICHARD
12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
these dang Raiders!

I have to stay consistent and mock them in victory.:eek:

Cincy'sMom
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I can't believe I haven't posted at all on this thread, with both my Cincinnati teams doing so well!! Now that the Nascar season is over I can change my focus.

UC's game against Florida will be tough. We do not have a Defense and I don't know if our offense can go scrore for score with Tebow.

Bengals are starting to look a little week to me, but I think if we can win 2 of the last 4 we will get in the playoffs for the first ime in years. A great season so far!

Grace
12-12-2009, 05:29 PM
NAVY - 17

ARMY - 3

Ricky Dobbs, Navy's junior QB, got a rushing TD, his 24th of the year. With that TD, he set the NCAA single season record for rushing TDs - previously held by Tim Tebow of Florida.

Pinot's Mom
12-13-2009, 03:09 PM
The boys in purple are still alive!!:D

It is, at the moment 48-3 against Detroit (REALLY, 48-3), and Pittsburgh lost to Cleveland on Thursday (Really, Cleveland! Sorry David) - things are looking up!:D

GO BOYS!!:)

DJFyrewolf36
12-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I think Ive posted this before...

SEATTLE SUCKS!!!!

*sigh* they need to rebuild...a lot.

At least I can root for Navy, Air Force, Nevada and Oregon in their respective bowl games! :D

cassiesmom
12-14-2009, 07:23 PM

Yawn.

The Bears did, again, against the Packers. They are now officially out of contention for post-season play. This morning on news radio I heard the sports commentators saying they only lost by one TD. (Yes, but they still lost.) Pinot's Mom, your Ravens play the Bears next weekend, so I don't think you will have to worry. When is the Super Bowl on, I am ready for funny commercials.

kokopup
12-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Roll Tide

(1) Florida 13, (2) Alabama 32...... SEC Champions

MARK INGRAM - 2009 HEISMAN WINNER of
... Alabama was selected as the 75th winner of the Heisman Memorial Trophy

...Alabama (1) against Texas (2) should be one whale of a game.

National Champion ...we will know on the 7th of January

RICHARD
12-16-2009, 11:17 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34454096/ns/sports-nfl/?GT1=43001

Wow,

No one learns anything from watching what happens to others.:rolleyes::eek:

Cincy'sMom
12-17-2009, 03:07 PM
RIP Chris Henry. Seemed it was finally getting his life together after 5 arrests...given more chance then most common feople would have. Such a waste. Thoughts and prayers for his children.

Grace
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Today, Army-Navy Just a Game, Tomorrow It's for Real (AOL Fanhouse)
David Whitley is a national columnist for FanHouse

PHILADELPHIA -- If the NCAA really wants to cure what ails college football,
it should pass one rule. Make every player and fan attend an Army-Navy game.

Maybe they'll get a sense of pride or responsibility or whatever was going
through Alejandro Villanueva's mind Saturday night.

"It's time to hand in the cleats and pick up the rucksack," Army's wide
receiver said.

Cleats you probably know. A rucksack is a backpack, the kind Cadets lug into
battle. As bad as it felt to get beaten 17-3 by Navy, losing the next
skirmish could be much more costly, if not potentially life-threatening.

It will be in Kabul or Kandahar or one of those places that would make even
Ray Lewis tremble. We all know that drill, how kids like Villanueva go off
and serve their country instead of the NFL. We're so used to it that the
Army-Navy game is almost a cliche.

They are long-faded football powers who still get top billing because we owe
them that much. They play hard, they sing each other's alma mater then we
move on to more important things, like who won the Heisman?

Before Saturday, I was for that future No. 1 pick from Nebraska with the
unpronounceable first name. Now I'd vote for Villanueva. You would too if
you had the privilege of experiencing an Army-Navy game.

Army hates losing to Navy worse than Alabama hates losing to Auburn. Navy
hates losing to Army worse than USC hates losing to UCLA. The difference is
players and fans at Lincoln Financial Field can comprehend an actual war.

That's why, unlike the standard Eagles game, you could wear a visitors
jersey Saturday and not have to worry it would end up in a urinal. With you
still in it.

There was no need to worry that your radio antenna would be ripped off your
car because you painted "Go Navy" in shoe polish on the back window. You
could scan the program and see where starters were majoring in things like
Economics, Mathematics and Aerospace Engineering Astronautics.

You could have rubbed your ear as Villanueva discussed walking off the field
for the final time.

"When you do everything you can and leave your guts on the field, it's easy
to hang up the cleats and say 'It's time to move on to bigger and better
things."

There's something bigger than football?

You wouldn't have known it for 3 hours. Navy came in with eight wins and a
bowl bid in hand. It had beaten Army seven straight times by an average
score of 39.1 to 10.1.

But first-year coach Rich Ellerson had squeezed five wins out of the Cadets.
One more and they'd get invited to the Eagle Bank Bowl. The players wanted
it so badly, they were willing to spit up blood.

Army quarterback Trent Steelman (pictured) didn't quite do that, though
Ellerson said his he might have broken a rib in the first half.

"I'm probably not supposed to say that," the coach said. "I'll probably get
sued."

That would be frivolous, and these guys don't do frivolous. The last time
the nation saw them, they were at West Point listening to President Barack
Obama commit 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan.

They don't ask why, they just do. A big reason they do it is because they
know the guy next to them depends on them. That's why Steelman could turn
toward Villanueva after the game and say something without worrying how it
would sound.

"I love him."

What's not to love? Villanueva may be the first player in college football
history to switch from offensive tackle to wide receiver.

"He didn't know wide receiver from third base," Ellerson said.

Villanueva was 6-foot-10 and almost 300 pounds. But Ellerson noticed he had
a nice stride, good hands and decent speed. He issued new orders to his
captain. A few million down-and-outs later, Army had a leading receiver.

Villanueva had five catches Saturday for 62 yards. He almost had a sixth
catch after Army drove to the Navy's 8-yard line with 2:45 left. But
Steelman's next toss was deflected to Navy's Ram Vela. That killed Army's
last hope of ending the hated streak.

"All I can say is I wish I caught it," Villanueva said. "I wish I could
still be in the game, but it was incomplete."

So was his career. O-for-Navy.

One last time, he walked down and stood in front of the small sea of
gray-suited Cadets and sang Army's alma mater. All the whooping Navy fans
got quiet and took off their hats. Navy's players stood at attention behind
Army.

Then it was the Midshipmen's turn. They ran to the other side of the field,
where thousands of classmates in their dress blues were celebrating. The
band struck "Blue and Gold," and both teams stood at attention.

You just don't get that from "Rocky Top."

If only the entire football season could be more like Saturday afternoon in
Philadelphia. But we have future NFL stars to watch and a BCS title to
decide.

Even if you never make an Army-Navy game, try to remember players like
Villanueva. All they'll be doing is lugging around those rucksacks, making
sure the rest of us can get caught up in bigger and better things.

RICHARD
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Great game last night!

I love overtime.:confused::D:cool:

davidpizzica
12-29-2009, 06:55 PM
The Steeler's chances at being in the playoffs are right now on life support, but still there. It was a must win against the Ravens (sorry Pinot's Mom!) and we did it! Now we'll have a better chance against the Dolphins on Sunday. GO STEELERS!

RICHARD
12-29-2009, 07:22 PM
http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/funny-sports-pictures-davis-vader-joined-darkside.jpg

Pinot's Mom
12-29-2009, 08:08 PM
The Steeler's chances at being in the playoffs are right now on life support, but still there. It was a must win against the Ravens (sorry Pinot's Mom!) and we did it! Now we'll have a better chance against the Dolphins on Sunday. GO STEELERS!

David, that was HEARTBREAKING! We actually won the game, but were so stupid in penalties- so many points were taken away we lost it. Sometimes it's so frustrating being a Ravens fan. Well, we have to win this week (again) to even have a whisper of a chance.
I think I hurt my larynx yelling at the screen.:rolleyes:

cassiesmom
12-29-2009, 10:42 PM

Yawn.

Apparently the substitute team that's been filling in for the Bears for the past month finally left, because the team that played Minnesota last night actually looked good! Unbelievable! Why, Bears, why could you not have played like this all season? (sigh) (holding head in hands)

davidpizzica
12-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I think I strained my voice yelling at the screen, too! The Ravens and the Steelers certainly play interesting football against each other!

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I hate the Miami Dolphins.

Well, not the team, per se?

--------------

I was watching the game on Sunday and got up to grab a soda.

I had just turned to grab a glass and I heard an air raid siren go off.

For you young-uns who do not remember ARS?

On the last friday of the month at 10 a.m. the city would test the air raid sirens to make sure the system worked. If you were not prepared or forgot about the test? You were in for a great scare!

The school I went to was half a block from the siren and you really got an earful-and your heart would sink to your stomach with the fear of it being a nuke being dropped on your head.

Anyway, the Dolphins think it's great fun to play that sound when they have the ball.

I stopped and almost crapped my pants when I heard it. I ran into the front room and heard it coming from the TV set....

Boy, was that interesting...

Morons.:rolleyes::mad:

kokopup
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Tomorrow is the BCS National Championship game from the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

#1 Alabama
#2 Texas

This should be a whale of a game. Heres hoping my team wins.
ROLL TIDE
http://crimsontider.com/images/logo1.jpg

RICHARD
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
The jets for the flyby just flew over the house!

Wow, you could tell those were military jets.:D

let's rock and roll.:)

Good Luck to both teams!

Pinot's Mom
01-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Tomorrow is the BCS National Championship game from the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

#1 Alabama
#2 Texas

This should be a whale of a game. Heres hoping my team wins.
ROLL TIDE
http://crimsontider.com/images/logo1.jpg

Just got home from choir practice....'bama - 14, Texas - 6 .....:)

kokopup
01-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Roll Tide Alabama National Champions

(2) Texas 21, (1) Alabama 37

RICHARD
01-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I wish Mc Coy hadn't gone down with tha injury.:eek:

---------

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

-------------

Hey,

DJ?
Shanahan to Seattle?:eek::D

kokopup
01-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I wish Mc Coy had been in there also. I wanted to see both teams play to their original game plan. With Mc Coy out both teams changed everything making for a very uneven game. I believe the outcome would have been the same because both teams would have been playing all 4 quarters. We would have seen the best and worst of both teams. The Tide would still have prevailed.

RICHARD
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Told myself that I was going to watch a WHOLE football game today.

8:10 into the Pats/Ravens?:eek:

I hope this ain't stinker.

One more thing.
When you make the first tackle of the day and start jumping around like you WON the game, it's only Karma that an 83 yeard TD is the next play.:confused::o:mad:;)

I have no dog in this fight. I want a good close game.:)

RICHARD
01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
I just looked up and watched Brady get picked off.

I may be the bad luck.:D

Why is TB just sitting on the bench heart broken?

Get up and rally the team!

-------------

Why do they have to put microphones everywhere during the game?

And, I hate that sound effect CBS uses when they cut to the next shot..

boomersooner
01-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't particularly care for most Texas fans, (not all, by any means, but a lot!) anyway, I was rooting for Alabama!! Many down here think the game was "tainted" because Colt didn't play. Colt's a great kid, and I hated to see him hurt, but injuries are just a part of the game. It happens....Oklahoma lost an average of one a week to injuries this season....it just happens....you have to deal with it....Kokopup...I also think Alabama would have won, too....it was almost like they got really conservative with the Texas back up in.....Colt usually doesn't do well against really good defenses....(only faced two this season, and he didn't fare well in either game...they won, but he didn't do as well) so I think Alabama's D would have gotten him a lot....sheesh, I miss college football already!!

RICHARD
01-10-2010, 07:02 PM
double u, oh, double u

Pinot's Mom
01-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I just looked up and watched Brady get picked off.

I may be the bad luck.:D

Why is TB just sitting on the bench heart broken?

Get up and rally the team!

I know, it just broke your heart, didn't it. I think we made him cry! ;)

I called my brother from the party right after the game; I had everybody yell GO RAVENS, then told him I loved him and hung up...(he's in CT and a Patriot's fan)...I'm a BAD SISTER!! ;)

GO RAVENS, GO RAVENS, GO RAVENS! :D

davidpizzica
01-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I know, it just broke your heart, didn't it. I think we made him cry! ;)

I called my brother from the party right after the game; I had everybody yell GO RAVENS, then told him I loved him and hung up...(he's in CT and a Patriot's fan)...I'm a BAD SISTER!! ;)

GO RAVENS, GO RAVENS, GO RAVENS! :D

Oh, you ARE terrible, but that was a great win for the Ravens. I must have given them the power of the terrible towel!

smokey the elder
01-11-2010, 10:37 AM
The Packers-Cardinals game was "defense optional" until that last play! I still think the ref swallowed his whistle on that face mask on Rodgers at the end, but I'm a TAD biased...:p

RICHARD
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
The Packers-Cardinals game was "defense optional" until that last play! I still think the ref swallowed his whistle on that face mask on Rodgers at the end, but I'm a TAD biased...:p

but wasn't that a great game?

As a fan, I love high scoring, goofy plays and 96 points to split between the teams.

I loved it....but then again? I am a raiders fan.:rolleyes::eek:;)

lvpets2002
01-11-2010, 12:25 PM
:) Hey Hello over here in Tx.. Our Dallas Cowboys have decided to play some good ball now.. So lets see if they can stay on the same page of winning until the end of the season..:p

smokey the elder
01-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm in a quandary who to root for in Vikings vs Cowboys. As a Packers fan I'm obliged to root against the Vikings, especially ever since they signed The Traitor.:p But I don't like the Cowboys, much either. But their quarterback was a long shot to get into the NFL, and from Wisconsin to boot, so maybe...see below!:)

Oh, and Arizona over the Saints. Warner has the hot hand right now.

As far as the AFC: I'm cheering for the Jets and Ravens, because I usually root for the underdog if I don't have a team I feel strongly about (read: Packers) in the playoffs.

I think a Cards vs. Vikings NFC final would be cool, though: the two oldest quarterbacks ever to lead their team to the finals?

RICHARD
01-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm in a quandary who to root for in Vikings vs Cowboys. As a Packers fan I'm obliged to root against the Vikings, especially ever since they signed The Traitor.:p But I don't like the Cowboys, much either.

You mean you don't tune in to yell at the TV set for three hours?;)

I had two stock reasons for watching a game that I had no interest in.

One, I cannot use anymore.:eek:

The second? I wanted the teams to beat the poop out of each other because they may play a team I wanted to win the following weekend!:eek:;)

---------------

So Pete Carroll has a few bad years then defects to the NFL?:o;)

DJFyrewolf36
01-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Pete Caroll...the rat jumps from the sinking ship. Will he sink the Seahawks too? Only time will tell :rolleyes: At least though if the rumors about the salary cap are true, Seattle DOES have a lot of money...

I think its their turn to buy a championship. ;)

As for this year, I'm rooting for Arizona all the way! I love every team in Seattles division...with the exception of the Rams.

smokey the elder
01-12-2010, 07:08 AM
"Buying" a championship just doesn't work in the NFL. Look at the Redskins. If you buy a lot of stars you end up with a lot of prima donnas, egos and drama. (JMHO);)

RICHARD
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Jumping rat scenario.

This IS a pet site.;)

We'll have to see what happens.:eek:

STE,

You are correct, it's a different mindset for pros.

It's called money!:(

DJFyrewolf36
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I would hope that the Seahawks do better this year and restructure the team because they need it badly...I would feel bad if they got hugely paid players and went further down into the basement. I guess I gotta keep the faith!

boomersooner
01-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Just reported that Lane Kiffen from Tenn. is going to USC.....don't know much about him......

RICHARD
01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Just reported that Lane Kiffen from Tenn. is going to USC.....don't know much about him......

Kiffen coached the Raiders for a bit...that was a story in itself!:eek:

kokopup
01-12-2010, 09:43 PM
The Raiders will be getting a mouth if Kiffen ends up there. They have had a
few other mouths in their history so he will fit right in. Will he be taking dad
with him?

RICHARD
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
The Raiders will be getting a mouth if Kiffen ends up there. They have had a
few other mouths in their history so he will fit right in. Will he be taking dad
with him?

Kiffen did coach for the OR's and was treated like any other coach for the organization....badly.:eek::( He coached the 07 season!

smokey the elder
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
The Al Davis who owns the Raiders now is not like the founding father of the AFL he once was. I think the NFL should declare the Raiders dysfunctional and kick him out (force him to sell or something.) He took a once proud organization and ruined it, IMO.

Green Bay's Woodson won defensive Player of the Year! Woot!:D

RICHARD
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
The Al Davis who owns the Raiders now is not like the founding father of the AFL he once was. I think the NFL should declare the Raiders dysfunctional and kick him out (force him to sell or something.) He took a once proud organization and ruined it, IMO.

Green Bay's Woodson won defensive Player of the Year! Woot!:D

There was a great book on how the AFL and NFL mergered and AD's theft of the Raiders is well documented in it.

I have it somewhere and will get you the title, a great read for sports/history buffs!

Pinot's Mom
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Go Ravens, Go Ravens!!:D

orangemm
01-16-2010, 06:21 AM
What she said!!!

Go Ravens! We love you!!! Kick some butts!:D:D:D

3Catcondo
01-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Let's go COWBOYS LET'S GO!! On the way to go watch the game at my sister's house. :)

RICHARD
01-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Go Saints, Put the first handful of dirt on Brett Farve.

Moron,

lvpets2002
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
:o Well I dont think the CowBoys was even at their game yesterday.. Suck Suck they was really bad.. MMmm so their season is over for this year.. I sure hope at this coming drafts they sure find a good quarter back to replace you know who..:confused:
Let's go COWBOYS LET'S GO!! On the way to go watch the game at my sister's house. :)

Pinot's Mom
01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
...sniff....sniff...
No more Ravens this year:(. That being said...GO SAINTS!!:)

lvpets2002
01-18-2010, 12:23 PM
:) I am going to say Vickings.. They did such a great job stomping the Cowboys yesterday that I think they will make it.. Also I would Love to see the Saints go all the way too.. Hey this coming weekend is the Vickings & Saints playing = right?? That should be a Great Game..
...sniff....sniff...
No more Ravens this year:(. That being said...GO SAINTS!!:)

smokey the elder
01-19-2010, 10:48 AM
It would be nice if there had been more than one good game this weekend. Congrats, Jets! (Oh, BTW, Go Saints!) I'm rooting for any team that DOESN'T have a player named Favre.:p

RICHARD
01-21-2010, 06:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/europe/story/012110-italian-channel-apologizes-for-beckham-prank

You cannot use your hands in -ootball! Everyone knows that!

RICHARD
01-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Now.. go home and stay home.;)

lvpets2002
01-25-2010, 09:21 AM
:eek: WoW did you all watch the Vickings & the Saints.. Boy Howdy talking about close.. And just to think the Kicker for the Saints that did the last points in overtime is from Texas.. Yup a town about 30 min from me.. Hey the Jets & the Colt game was good too.. I cannot wait for the SuperBowl.. Colts vs Saints.. Going to be a great game here.. Hey I think this year I will be looking forward to the game & not the commercials..:p:D

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
All the commercials are about people punching each other?

It got old after Betty White got stuck!;)

lvpets2002
02-08-2010, 12:02 PM
:eek: WoW what a Super Bowl Game.. Woo Hoo the Saints WoN.. I am so Excited for them..

RICHARD
02-25-2010, 12:57 AM
One can only hope the ship sinks, gets torpedoed or hijacked by ruthless Somali pirates?

http://travel.aol.com/travel-ideas/articles/oakland-raiders-fan-cruise?ncid=AOLCOMMtravdynlprim0817&icid=main|main|dl4|link6|http%3A%2F%2Ftravel.aol.c om%2Ftravel-ideas%2Farticles%2Foakland-raiders-fan-cruise%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMtravdynlprim0817