PDA

View Full Version : Cunning plan worked. (1 photo)

ChrisH
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Because in a month or so the bungalow is going to be turned upside down whilst heating is updated I figured I should get a new carrier, one that Ebbs would be comfortable in for a longish period.
I'd read here how some cats use their carrier as a bed so I thought I would leave it out to give it a try and, as you have already guessed, it worked. :D

It arrived earlier this afternoon and after some time taken to put it together -it was fiddly - I put it in place. Ebbs went and had a looksee then went in the living room, a little while later I check the bedroom and there she was, one happy camper. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Ebby%202009/newcarrier.jpg

Thanks for the idea PT! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thumb.gif

btw anyone thinking of buying a new carrier I thoroughly recommend this one,
http://www.hagen.com/uk/cats/addinfo/pet_cargo_cabrio.cfm
besides being a front or top loader it has a lot of other good features. And Ebby endorses it too. :D

catmandu
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
UNTIL OF COURSE YOU WANT TO SAY, TAKE EBBS TO THE VET!!:eek:
AND THEN YOUR LITTLE EBBS WILL SHUN HER CARRIER AS THOUGH YOU HAD SET IT ON FIRE!!!
BUT ITS WORTH TTHE PRICE JUST TO GET THAT VERY SWEET AND NICE PHOTO OF EBBS LOOKING SO PRETTY.
:love::love::love:
SHES A DOLL!!!
:love::love::love:

Barbara
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Ebby- being one of the most attractive cats around you of course have one of the most elegant carriers....ahm... luxury beds;)

happylabs
04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
That is a really nice carrier. I like that it has the food and water dish on the door. Ebby is a handsome cat and the color of the carrier goes nicely with his beautiful coat.

Medusa
04-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Don't ya just love it when they think they've got one over on you? I originally put a carrier out a day in advance of a vet visit because it used to be that, as soon as the cats saw a carrier, I'd hear fuzzy paws scurrying in different directions. Then I'd spend way too long trying to catch the one who was to go to the vet. When they saw that it was just sitting there unoccupied, they decided to investigate and later I saw 3 of them crammed into one carrier. Now they all love to sleep in them.

I'm glad it worked out for you, too. It makes vet visits so much more pleasant, too. :)

Taz_Zoee
04-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I think mine don't like the carrier because it smells like the vet. Although one carrier is always open in Paizly's room. I've caught her in it once or twice (in the beginning) but not recently.
My carrier is a soft one and it also has the top and front openings. I found it online a few years ago for about $15 and I haven't been able to find one like it again.

But I agree that Ebby looks great in that carrier. :)

GILL
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I love Ebby and I hope she like her new house.
We leave 3-4 out with the doors off and a nice soft towell, every one uses them and yes some times 2 or 3 at a time.
When come back from the vet the towel is changed before it carrior is left out. They all know the dryer smell, nice warm towel.

Freckles
04-16-2009, 11:25 AM
In the past, I would need to tip the carrier and slide Freckles out.
I like the fact this one opens fully at the top. It looks sturdy. Is it heavier than other carriers?

lvpets2002
04-16-2009, 11:45 AM
:eek: WoW that is a very nice carrier with such a very Cute package in it.. Your baby is Adorable.. Oh my babies love to sleep in the open carriers..

Anikaca77
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Awww I'm glad to see that your baby loves the new cat carrier.

ChrisH
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments about my sweet girl. {{hugs}}

In the past, I would need to tip the carrier and slide Freckles out.
I like the fact this one opens fully at the top. It looks sturdy. Is it heavier than other carriers?
Sorry, I don't really know. I have only ever used the one other carrier and it was an all wire one, like a cage. I like it because, like the new one, it has both top and front opening. It is now a little on the snug side for my tubby girl but it is not for that reason I decided to get a new one, it is simply not comfortable for her to be in for longish periods of time.

carole
04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
what a beauty your kitty girl is, and i love her new carrier and the colour , very befitting for such an elegant,gorgeous girl.,thanks for sharing.:)

cassiesmom
04-16-2009, 06:50 PM
What a nice carrier and what a GORGEOUS model! Hi, Ebby, beautiful kitty!

Laura's Babies
04-16-2009, 08:49 PM
All I have to do is bring one in and put it down and somebody is in it. I have even had to pull one out to put one in that was going to the vet. Amy use to sleep in her's ALL the time, it was her safety zone. Then the living room got crowded and I had to put it away...

katladyd
04-17-2009, 01:15 AM
We have one open in the spare bedroom. None of the cats will go near it. Go figure.

Medusa
04-17-2009, 05:49 AM
I leave them out in the living room or patio room where the cats usually are, especially in the winter because they snuggle together inside for warmth. I place a big, fluffy towel inside, too. If you're trying to make it easy for vet time, place a couple of treats inside. Sure makes it easier. Just close the door and voila! :p

astrid
04-17-2009, 10:01 AM
What a beautiful and elegant carrier!!! and how gorgeous your girl is!!!
Sophie uses her carrier not to sleep but to "hide" :rolleyes:

catnapper
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Looks like a great plan. My guys also hang out in their carriers if its let out... I just posted my question thinking that I can't see them wanting to lie in it for a while. Pouncer especially loves sleeping in his carrier. Which is funny because he's the one I have the hardest time getting into it when vet visit time comes :p