PDA

View Full Version : V8 supercars fever time again in my city...

carole
04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Well it is that time of year again, every year in April for the next seven years my city Hamilton will be hosting the V8 races, should be fun, i Love all the hype in the city, i can sit back in my lounge and watch them and hear the reality of it all in the back yard,looks like a nice weekend weather wise as well.

Go Kiwis Go kiwis.:):D

kokopup
04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
It sounds like a great event. I am an avid NASCAR and LEMANS Series
race fan. I usually go to the Super car and Hot ROD shows in Pigeon
Forge Tennessee every year. I see where your local GREEN PARTY is making noise over the race.

http://www.greens.org.nz/node/17487

RICHARD
04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
them and hear the reality of it all in the back yard,looks like a nice weekend weather wise as well.

Go Kiwis Go kiwis.:):D

HOw big is your backyard?

There is nothing more interesting that a V8 without a muffler!:D

carole
04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Well you are more informed than me i did not know about the green party and their issues, frankly i think it is only one weekend a year, and I am not overly concerned, sure i believe in looking after our environment too, but i really don't think the V8 races are going to make that much difference, probably what they are asking would cost us ratepayers in the long run.

Anyhow should be a good time in the city, last year was a lot more hype and tickets were sold out, and there was the usual complaints,but this year plenty of tickets available, guess the current economy has hit it hard, but i am still hoping it will be a huge success, brings a lot of that gold stuff we all like into the city too,mind you it probably costs us a packet as well.

Richard the back yard is pretty small lol, but yep i sure can here those babies, and i like the sound of it, makes it more exciting.

Tomorrow all the fun begins, i will be a bit of a couch potato this weekend, watching my fair share of the races, being a strong Holden girl myself, I am hoping we do well this year.:):D

kokopup
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Your beloved Holden is sold in this country as a Pontiac. The newest
Holden V8 is sold here as a Pontiac G8. It seems that the only way our
US automakers can market an acceptable car is to import it from Australia or Europe and rebadge it.

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/g8_header.jpg

carole
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Now that is one nice car,interesting i did not know that, yep the practice races start today, so should be firing up soon, and i will be hearing all the buzz no doubt lol.:)