1 part Vodka
1 part Tequila
1 part Triple Sec
1 part Gin
1 part Rum
1 1/2 parts Sweet and Sour Mix
1 splash Coca-Cola

Directions
Mix ingredients together over ice in a glass. Pour into a shaker and give one brisk shake. Pour back into the glass and make sure there is a touch of fizz at the top. Garnish with lemon.

Serve in a Collins Glass

DONE!

Most of us do need a drink after talking to the "tax man":rolleyes::eek:

Sit back and enjoy, for the rest of the year? We work for us, now!:eek:

Grace
04-15-2009, 03:44 PM
My favorite!! Pour me a double!!

Karen
04-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Probably tastier than the results of the original Boston Tea Party - take extremely cold North Atlantic (salt) water, add crates of tea, stir. Then go home and drink coffee.

In honor of my New England forebears, I'll have a cinnamon iced coffee please!

The daffodils and vinca and narcissus are all blossoming, and looking quite cheery! Cold and windy, but it LOOKS pretty outside!

lizbud
04-15-2009, 04:35 PM

I love them.:) But after the second drink ,I sing to everybody.:D
It isn't pretty.:D

Grace
04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I love them.:) But after the second drink ,I sing to everybody.:D
It isn't pretty.:D

However, after my double, it will be :D

lizbud
04-15-2009, 04:53 PM
However, after my double, it will be :D

Maybe so :D

Hey, is there any food around here?

Cinder & Smoke
04-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey, is there any food around here?

FOOD??

After a couple *snorts* of the DoD ... who could possibly need or want Food?

Will a GLASS hold that stuff?
Or should it be offered in a Stainless STEEL cup?

Pour me one, pleeze.

:D

RICHARD
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM

One double!

DONE!

I made a really tasty 15 bean soup today!

Anybody want some.....I gotta a crusty bread too!

Karen.

LOL at you analogy. One cinnamon tea?

DONE!

LIz,
Simon Cowell ain't here....rock on!

DONE!

C&S,

If you drink quickly, it won't matter?:D

DONE!?!

slick
04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Oh Richard, I'll take some of that bean soop!!! I'm sure Max won't mind the odd "wind storm" tonight. :D

What a week so far! I really need to just stop, sit back and chill. Bartender, could I have a double DOTD please??? It's just what I need now.

Love you all! :love:

Karen
04-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Dear barkeep, avoiding the tea in honor of the neck of the woods in which I reside. Hmm, this is Thursdays, so no allergens - lemonade, please!

aTailOf2Kitties
04-16-2009, 06:53 AM
plain old non-alcoholic iced tea for me. Don't skimp on the sugar, neither. If you can still see through it, then it's not sweet enough ;)

davidpizzica
04-16-2009, 07:05 AM
RICHARD, I need a bowl of that 15 bean soup. It's cold & foggy in da 'Burgh right now. However the Penguins got it warm last night with a win over the Flyers! Want me to crank up the ceement mixer? Orc, give me a hand. NOT LITERALLY!

KYS
04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I would love some tasty 15 bean soup.
I need all the comfort food I can get right now.
Besides paying taxes, I am crossing my fingers right now, that the DWP will not raise our rates again. "fat chance it won't happen"
Their is no way I can cut water use anymore than I already have.:rolleyes:
Oh! I guess I can stop taking showers and flushing the toilet.

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Oh Richard, I'll take some of that bean soop!!! I'm sure Max won't mind the odd "wind storm" tonight. :D

What a week so far! I really need to just stop, sit back and chill. Bartender, could I have a double DOTD please??? It's just what I need now.

Love you all! :love:

YOu could do the old "Oklahoma" evening, Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain! Ed don't mind!:D

Double DOTD, and bean soup!?

DONE!

Karen,

One large lemonade! One of the finer things in life!

DONE!

TO2K,

One dense N/A, 'cloudy' Iced Tea?

DONE!

David.

One bowl of soup! Before you go out and play you have to eat your soup!
I have the feeling that all sports championships will remain in the east this year!

DONE!

KYS,

I feel your pain. If you have put in a low flush toilet the the water saving shower head I don't know what else to suggest, We are fighting the same kinds of rate increases out here!

One bowl of soup and a pox on the DWP?

DONE!

KYS
04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
RICHARD:One bowl of soup and a pox on the DWP?>>>

Thanks Richard,
A pox on the politicians too if they pass the rate hikes.
Venting:
(I already have the water saver stuff accept for 1 toilet which I rarely use.)
I cut water usage years ago and that is the problem.
If I did not cut years ago, cutting the 15% now would be no big deal.
So the public who did not ration voluntarily will easily cut their water usage, but for those of us who did, will be punished by paying the higher rates.

This water problem has been a problem since I was a child. The DWP and our State should have fixed the problem back than instead of letting the rain and snow pack run off into the Ocean etc.
Thank you for letting me vent. :)

Pinot's Mom
04-16-2009, 09:10 AM
We made it to Thursday!! :D
Hey, barkeep, one of the DOTD for me too, please! The mood is lifting with the weather here - the rain FINALLY stopped and we're seeing this odd bright orb in the sky! We're headed for the 60's!
Lemme get some of that soup, too, before we reach 70 degrees!
I don't think Orc should have any more soup - there's a funny odor around him! :rolleyes:

HAPPY THURSDAY ALL! :)

Medusa
04-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I sure do need somethin'! But I'm just coming back from some type of flu bug and I've been dizzy for days. Today is the first day that I feel somewhat normal. (Yeah, ok, I'm a dizzy blonde.) So my DOTD is going to have to be non-alcoholic. How about a glass of V8 on ice and I'll pretend? :p

lvpets2002
04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
:eek: What Long Island Tea == you know Richard thats my favorite.. Gives me a triple please & some of that bean soup.. I wills be over here trying to stop Orc from taking one of his hands off & giving it to David.. Oh please what ever you do Do Not Give Orc any bean soup.. You know what happens when you have gas pressure & metal together..:p:D

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
RICHARD:One bowl of soup and a pox on the DWP?>>>

Thanks Richard,

Thank you for letting me vent. :)

Even Thursdays ventures into the political arena every now and then.

I think our bill will go down some. I'll have to post another DH thread on THAT story!

Have a drink and more soup?

DONE!

PM,
A DOTD for you and more bright orb in the sky!
And I don't smell anything!;)
When things get tough, I look at my calendar, tomorrow always seem to show up!

DONE!

Medusa,
How's about a 'virgin mary" in stead of V8?:D
It's a miracle!:D Feel better!

DONE!

LP,
Gas pressure and metal.....hmmm......

A pressure cooker?:rolleyes::eek:

A triple and bean soup!
DONE!

lvpets2002
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
:o Yup have you ever took the lid off a pressure cooker too soon.. :rolleyes:And the pot be full of mashed potatoes..:p Well I have & kabummm potatoes all over the ceiling..:D Yes I was young..

LP,
Gas pressure and metal.....hmmm......

A pressure cooker?:rolleyes::eek:

A triple and bean soup!
DONE!

RedHedd
04-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Mmm. I'll have some iced tea and some of that soup. If it's anything like TJ's 17 bean soup (I follow the recipe on the bag), it's DELISH! and a vat of that feeds an army of one for many days!

RICHARD
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Mmm. I'll have some iced tea and some of that soup. If it's anything like TJ's 17 bean soup (I follow the recipe on the bag), it's DELISH! and a vat of that feeds an army of one for many days!

LOL,
And does nothing for the Ozone layer?:eek::D

Ice tea and soup- I'll get the name of the brand I use, it has a little flavor packet inside too!

DONE!

My nephew who isn't a bean fan, told me that they were really good and he liked them!:eek:

LP,

Now we are a bit older wiser and still laugh about the potato wallpaper?:D

aTailOf2Kitties
04-17-2009, 01:54 PM
:o Yup have you ever took the lid off a pressure cooker too soon.. :rolleyes:And the pot be full of mashed potatoes..:p Well I have & kabummm potatoes all over the ceiling..:D Yes I was young..
you were lucky. My boyfriend was at a friend's house when the pressure cooker just plain exploded as he walked past, leaving large 2nd degree burns on his face, chest, shoulder and arm. :eek: Took a good while for all of that to heal up, but somehow he didn't get any permanent scarring.

Grace
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Is there any of that soup left? Like most things it probably tastes better on the 2nd day. Serve me up a bowl, please; along with another LIT.

Thanks in advance :love:

RICHARD
04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
you were lucky. My boyfriend was at a friend's house when the pressure cooker just plain exploded as he walked past, leaving large 2nd degree burns on his face, chest, shoulder and arm. :eek: Took a good while for all of that to heal up, but somehow he didn't get any permanent scarring.

We'll send the ORC outdoors for a while.....let him go play on the swing in the garden?

DONE!

Grace.

Oh, you bet it's better the second day!

One bowl, bread and butter and another LIT?

DONE!

gini
04-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, good Saturday morning! Thought I would drop by - do a bit of a clean up to help out - and then I would like to just kick back and do nothing - maybe have some soup later on.

Ooops, it looks as though everyone is sleeping in on this glorious Saturday morning. I will tiptoe!

RICHARD
04-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, good Saturday morning! Thought I would drop by - do a bit of a clean up to help out - and then I would like to just kick back and do nothing - maybe have some soup later on.

Ooops, it looks as though everyone is sleeping in on this glorious Saturday morning. I will tiptoe!

Was out the door to go shopping....Home made shrimp cocktails for dinner!:D

A drink, miz G?

DONE!

cassiesmom
04-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Not Long Island, just iced tea with lemon, please. It's nice out in Chicago tonight - still 70F at 8:15 PM :) but we'll be getting tomorrow the rain that Kansas and Missouri got today. So I'll be back for bean soup.

RICHARD
04-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Not Long Island, just iced tea with lemon, please. It's nice out in Chicago tonight - still 70F at 8:15 PM :) but we'll be getting tomorrow the rain that Kansas and Missouri got today. So I'll be back for bean soup.

Ice tea with lemon? And a worry free storm front?

Done!

You can have a shrimp cocktail too?:D

Moesha
04-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Can you make a good sweet tea for this southern lady? On the rocks. Hold the lemon. (and the storms too) Thanks.

RICHARD
04-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Can you make a good sweet tea for this southern lady? On the rocks. Hold the lemon. (and the storms too) Thanks.

I'll have the ORC deliver it to you while you watch the race!.........I have to tear my eyes away from it........I may jinx my driver!

One sweet tea, rocks, forget the citrus!

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
04-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll take a double myself...after that dismal performance by Colorado on the baseball diamond today...;)

Cant fault LA though, they had some great at bats!

I'll take some of that bean soup too

aTailOf2Kitties
04-18-2009, 11:38 PM
I am one happy race fan! Next week's drinks are on me, folks! Not literally, LOL

blue
04-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Long Island Ice Teas!

Just make a pitcher and back away.

RICHARD
04-19-2009, 04:55 AM
I'll take a double myself...after that dismal performance by Colorado on the baseball diamond today...;)

Cant fault LA though, they had some great at bats!

I'll take some of that bean soup too

I am trying not to get too excited about the ManRam....

Hot Bean Soup?

DONE.

TO2K,

A whole week of NASCAR bliss...No, not Mike Bliss!

I'll drink to that!
DONE!

Blue,

Gotcha.....backing away.....want a straw with that?

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
I just want to know - is it Thursday yet?

RICHARD
04-21-2009, 10:28 PM
I just want to know - is it Thursday yet?

24/7!

You can stop in anytime and usually there is someone here. It slows down because people get spring fever and go out to play!

Ice tea?

DONE!:D