PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

Puckstop31
04-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Stimulating the economy I am...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Bow.jpg

A RedHead Toxik compound bow. Basically a Diamond Black Ice bow, rebadged for Bass Pro Shop. 7" brace height, axle to axle of 32-5/8ths and can draw 70lbs. Good brace height I think and the longer axle to axle makes for a more stable aim once drawn. I put about 100 shots through it and have already have it retuned with a new peep sight, new draw loop and increased the weight to 55lbs. Want to get the muscles up to 65lbs by September. Then I can get it ready for broadheads and Autumn Archery Deer season. Less hunters, better weather, more deer and a REAL challenge. Or, if I get lucky and harvest my first turkey early I can take it out for a MASSIVE turkey hunting challenge.

Woot!

Any other bow hunters here?

sparks19
04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I swear... if he could... he would kick me out of tghe bed and give my spot to his new toy lol.

BUT I told him he can repay the favor when I get my n ew camera and want to go on and on about that hahaha

blue
04-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Pretty dang cool. Is it Nuge approved?

Never got into bows, I like things that go boom.

Puckstop31
04-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Pretty dang cool. Is it Nuge approved?

Never got into bows, I like things that go boom.

Nuge approves any bow. Especially if you buy his brand of broadheads. LOL

Granted, his broadheads are lethal. My bow hunter buddy has harvested 7 deer (so far) using Nuge broadheads. None of them ran more than 30 yards. That is a good thing for many reasons.

I like things that go bang too... But I am craving , more and more, a challenge in my hunts. I want the true "alpha predator" experience. Which means losing more than you win. That makes the wins all the better. Plus, no matter what, even when I lose, being out there is a simply awe inspiring experience. God is a magnificent artist.

blue
04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
But I am craving , more and more, a challenge in my hunts.

Thats why I like fly fishing. That, and I am challenged with most reels but a baitcaster.

Puckstop31
04-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Thats why I like fly fishing. That, and I am challenged with most reels but a baitcaster.

Never tried fly fishing... I like to fish. But am nowhere serious about it. LOL I like the beer part of fishing better. :)

Ask Tanya about her last big fishing experience. ;)