PDA

View Full Version : Tax Day Tea Parties.

blue
04-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Who is going? Ill be at the one in my town.

Follow the link to find one near you. Link (http://taxdayteaparty.com/).

Puckstop31
04-14-2009, 09:55 PM
There are hundreds of them... Power to the people! :)

I am really going to try to make the Harrisburg, PA event. I might (cough, cough) get sick. ;) Especially hearing that some union hacks are going to "counter protest" and try to drown it out. How insane is that? Rather than actually debate, just try to shout down the other side.

blue
04-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Map to see if there is one near you. Link (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=112875499027114938790.0004647d9f61bab744fd4&ll=38.272689,-96.679687&spn=27.495109,57.128906&z=4).

Puckstop31
04-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Awesome...

America is a truly amazing country. Let the people be heard.

Can't wait to hear what the lib rags have to say about tomorrow.... After 8 years of "dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

Puckstop31
04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
We The People....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123975867505519363.html

The best part, IMO.

"With regards to stage time, we respectfully must inform Chairman Steele that RNC officials are welcome to participate in the rally itself, but we prefer to limit stage time to those who are not elected officials, both in Government as well as political parties. This is an opportunity for Americans to speak, and elected officials to listen, not the other way around."

Likewise, I spoke to an organizer for the Knoxville tea party who said that no "professional politicians" were going to be allowed to speak, and he made a big point of saying that the protest wasn't an anti-Obama protest, it was an anti-establishment protest. I've heard similar things from tea-party organizers in other cities, too. Though critics will probably try to write the tea parties off as partisan publicity stunts, they're really a post-partisan expression of outrage.

We've been served up the same line of BS for way to long. Republicrat or Demorican.... There is very little difference any more.

This kind of thing gives me a hope that has been missing for a long time. It's good to see that the people are getting restless with the same old thing.

Karen
04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
I won't be attending, but of course there's one in Boston - that's where it all began! Getting to either spot on a normal day is difficult enough, and I am sure they'll both be mobbed today!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I won't be going. It's just a pointless waste of good tea. The gov ain't listening people!

Puckstop31
04-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I won't be going. It's just a pointless waste of good tea. The gov ain't listening people!

This kind of complacent attitude is whay we bicker back and forth instead of focusing on the real problem...

We have the power to MAKE them listen. We only need get off our arse and DO it. Today, the people have spoken. MILLIONS of us have.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D97J48IO2.html

God Bless Texas!

Laura's Babies
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM
They had one here today and seeing it on the news was the first I heard of it.

Medusa
04-16-2009, 05:34 AM
They had one here today and seeing it on the news was the first I heard of it.

Some channels weren't giving it much coverage and a few of the ones that did were dismissive and some even rude. I don't get it. Aren't we supposed to speak out when we're unhappy w/the way things are? To my knowledge, no one was unruly or destructive, so why the media inattention?

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Some channels weren't giving it much coverage and a few of the ones that did were dismissive and some even rude. I don't get it. Aren't we supposed to speak out when we're unhappy w/the way things are? To my knowledge, no one was unruly or destructive, so why the media inattention?

We are not supposed to question the messiah and those right wing goody two shoe right wingers behave themselves.

It's more fun to march about the war and break or destroy other people's stuff.

That's a good demonstation. Heavy on the DEMON.:D

-------

I saw a great clip from CNN where Susan Rosegen tries to school a prostestor she is interviewing! FUnny~

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2009, 10:04 AM
This kind of complacent attitude is whay we bicker back and forth instead of focusing on the real problem...

We have the power to MAKE them listen. We only need get off our arse and DO it. Today, the people have spoken. MILLIONS of us have.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D97J48IO2.html

God Bless Texas!

Complacent, eh? Tell me all knowing one, did your party do any good? (besides make fish sick from the tea dumped into their environment, I mean)
NOPE!!! :rolleyes:

kitten645
04-16-2009, 12:47 PM
"Complacent, eh? Tell me all knowing one, did your party do any good? (besides make fish sick from the tea dumped into their environment, I mean)
NOPE!!! "

Amen. Sour grapes IMHO.

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM
CNN and MSNBC are the biggest bunch of turds on he planet.

I was tripping thru the channels and came across the Half man/Half pundit, Rachel Madcow.

She made a reference to the Tax Tea Parties and the people who were going to participate, she used the term for a lewd act - I am not going to repeat it here, for obvious reasons- and used it repeatedly during the few days before protests.

I ain't no prude, but I did tune in to her show so I'd really know what she was talking about and I was trying to get the gist of her "joke".

--------------------

I am totally amazed that until today no one -the public who watch her crap- made a fuss about it. I guess what is good for the goose, deserves a real gander?

Now, I guess she was not being too impartial and had a great deal of fun-nudge, nudge, wink, wink getting her copy written then approved by her producers, who might just be too stupid to figure out what the magic word was all about.:rolleyes:

I never thought I'd see the day when a major network would let such an obvious term go out over the air.

But then again, I never thought I get to see any challenge the Anne Coulter/Dude Looks LIke a Lady achievement award.

------

Rachel ManCow is a funny, desperate icon, that has an array of idiotic facial expressions that go along with the idiotic 'news/opinions she fronts on her show.

I wonder if CNN will give her a job when the shine comes of the turd?

Puckstop31
04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Complacent, eh? Tell me all knowing one, did your party do any good? (besides make fish sick from the tea dumped into their environment, I mean)
NOPE!!! :rolleyes:

LOL....

Sure it did. People are talking about it. People of like mind are coming together. Fixing what is broken in this country is not something that will happen overnight. It might take a generation.

Puckstop31
04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Amen. Sour grapes IMHO.

Sour grapes about what? Because if you mean about Obama winning... You don't know what you are talking about. The press did a good job of making it seem like that is what these events were about.

Its not about Democrats, Republicans, George Bush, Barack Obama or any single personality.... It is about the culture in Washington DC. The utter hypocrisy of ALL of them.

WE have to spend our money wisely and keep the checkbook balanced... Why don't they? When we take a loan, we have to pay it back and take loans that we can reasonably pay back... Why don't they?

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 03:20 PM
WE have to spend our money wisely and keep the checkbook balanced... Why don't they? When we take a loan, we have to pay it back and take loans that we can reasonably pay back... Why don't they?

Most politicians can't even pay their back taxes!:D

Grace
04-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Its not about Democrats, Republicans, George Bush, Barack Obama or any single personality.... It is about the culture in Washington DC. The utter hypocrisy of ALL of them.

So you say. Then why this --

Kate Maloney held a cardboard sign that read "Pin the tail on the jacka$$" with a picture of Obama on a Democratic donkey.

Other protesters also took direct aim at Obama. One sign in the crowd in Madison, Wis., compared him to the anti-Christ. At a rally in Montgomery, Ala., where Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" blared from loudspeakers, Jim Adams of Selma carried a sign that showed the president with Hitler-style hair and mustache and said, "Sieg Heil Herr Obama."

Source - FOX NEWS (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/15/anti-tax-tea-party-protests-expected/)

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 04:25 PM
The Hitler 'stache is really a fun kinda accessory!

I do remember GWB being adorned with one and everyone dying with anger about GW "Big Brother" Bush enacting the Patriot Act.

No one wanted to have the gov't. get into their email, phone or computer records, but they sure as shiat want a bailout because they were stupid with money and/or investments.

Protesters always showed up at the "G" gatherings, broke, burned and tossed bricks, rocks and bottles at the cops. And nothing but a 'Tsk, Tsk' from the CNN/MSN/MSNBC desk drivers.

Hundreds of gatherings-pretty peaceful and hassle free-except for that Ted Nugent, who assailed the crowd with his loud axe-and the media really showed their true colors.

-----------------------

I'd really like to see what AH would look like with an afro and a tan.

------------

PS,

You are correct about the hypocrisy on 'the hill', My gal, Nancy Pelosi made a comment that dismissed the relevance of the TTPs.

God,
Please remove the stupidity and the arrogant leadership from our Congress and strike the women politicians from Cah lee for nee ah with some forethought, sense of their constituents and the ability to think before they blather on aimlessly.

Amen.

Puckstop31
04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
So you say. Then why this --

Source - FOX NEWS (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/15/anti-tax-tea-party-protests-expected/)

Every group has their nutjobs. These were rallies organized by simple groups of citizens. Of course there are going to be some of those types. It wasn't a pre-screened event with teleprompters and a "rent-a-mob".

But of course we are going to focus on the few.

But tell me Grace, what IF it was all about a anti-Obama thing? What's wrong with that? That seems to be a sticky point with you... Dissent of the current administration.

Grace
04-16-2009, 06:07 PM
But tell me Grace, what IF it was all about a anti-Obama thing? What's wrong with that? That seems to be a sticky point with you... Dissent of the current administration.

For the simple reason that the monetary crisis we are in now was not caused by Obama alone.

If it was to be only anti-Obama, then why not label it that way?

Medusa
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
It wasn't labeled anti-Obama because it wasn't anti-Obama, regardless of the few classless and juvenile name-callers. George Bush was called a lot worse. It was 300,000 people expressing their freedom of speech. That can only be a good thing.

Puckstop31
04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
For the simple reason that the monetary crisis we are in now was not caused by Obama alone.

I agree 100%. George Bush got it started, along with some excessive greed in some mega-corporations. Granted, the companies were given the rope to hang themselves by the government....

Obama has continued Gerorge Bush's, basically, Keynesian economic style. Only on a much more grand scale. I cannot find an example of Keynesian economics "fixing" an economy. It might be out there and I would welcome that debate.

If it was to be only anti-Obama, then why not label it that way?

Grace, I said it was NOT intended to be and it most cases was NOT a "anti-Obama" event. Most of the people I know, my friends who talk about this stuff... All agree that the problem is career politicians who continually ignore the Constitution. Politicians who play us, against us. I mean listen to how we argue with each other here... I used to be as guilty, if not more so, than most.

We might not agree.... We might not EVER agree. But we need to look each other in the eye and say what we mean and mean what we say. But without rolling eyes... Reasonable debate.

Obama is just a man. I believe things would be no different, especially economically, if McCain had won... If Hillary Clinton had won.... If Mike Huckabee had won... Its the culture in DC that is the problem. I do not believe they respect us. I do not think they understand our history. Our gut ability to get through the tough times and get better, on our own. What government is doing, IMO (with historical precedent as a backup) is making us more dependant on them to take care of us.

In essence... They want us to be their slaves, rather than the free people our founding documents should make us.

In a word.... LIBERTY. Dependance upon anyone else is not that.

blue
04-16-2009, 11:39 PM
If this is how the MSM "reported" on the Tax Day Tea Parties, I can see why Grace and the Obamanation are confused on the idea behind the protests.

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2tg8gxCDU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftaxdayteaparty%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded).

For the last 8 years protests where the highest form of Patriatism the MSM could report to us, now protests are seen as a thing for the MSM to ridicule.

CNN attacking Fox, CNNs bias is showing.

RICHARD
04-17-2009, 12:18 AM
If anyone is interested...

I was laughing so hard about the CVV/Susan Rosegen 'interview' she did that I forgot to mention this...

She starts to lose control of the interview because she starts to yell at the poor guy....

As things goes badly she uses the guy's point about Illinois, Lincoln and Obama against him.

She starts to yell, "The State of Lincoln is giving you a 400 dollar tax break!"

Is that one of the 57 states that BO mentioned in one if his speeches?

--------------------

And BO made a comment that he was not aware of any of the TTPs were going on.

Lovely,
A politician that knows and cares what goes on in the country. Or do you think it wasn't issue enough for the daily brief? I can see where the basketball playoffs could make a person pass up on the front pages of the paper!:D

blue
04-17-2009, 12:44 AM
If anyone is interested...

I was laughing so hard about the CVV/Susan Rosegen 'interview' she did that I forgot to mention this...

She starts to lose control of the interview because she starts to yell at the poor guy....

As things goes badly she uses the guy's point about Illinois, Lincoln and Obama against him.

She starts to yell, "The State of Lincoln is giving you a 400 dollar tax break!"

Is that one of the 57 states that BO mentioned in one if his speeches?

--------------------

And BO made a comment that he was not aware of any of the TTPs were going on.

Lovely,
A politician that knows and cares what goes on in the country. Or do you think it wasn't issue enough for the daily brief? I can see where the basketball playoffs could make a person pass up on the front pages of the paper!:D

Are you saying the POTUS has body odor?

blue
04-17-2009, 12:50 AM
The Hitler 'stache is really a fun kinda accessory!

I do remember GWB being adorned with one and everyone dying with anger about GW "Big Brother" Bush enacting the Patriot Act.

My brother made the front page of, I think, USA Today with Hitler "W" picture.

Someone adorning "O" with a stache Im sure is a racist, even though the comparison is stikingly much more accurate.

RICHARD
04-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Are you saying the POTUS has body odor?

I am trying to keep it political, not personal.;):D

Logan
04-17-2009, 05:45 PM
There is one going on here, right now (Friday night). I saw on the news that they are estimating the crowd at over 10,000 people, already, and it just started at 6 pm! I wish I had gone, now. I just didn't plan ahead. I think its sort of neat to see people standing up and rallying together, peacefully, with a common cause.

Edwina's Secretary
04-17-2009, 09:53 PM
I think its sort of neat to see people standing up and rallying together, peacefully, with a common cause.

That is how I felt when I marched in the anti-war protest while visiting San Francisco a few years back. So peaceful....so united. Just people standing up and uniting against a common cause -- a war we felt was very, very wrong.

Oddly enough...some people thought we were wrong to do that. Go figure????

cassiesmom
04-18-2009, 08:21 PM
There was one down in Springfield in front of the state capitol. It got a lot of media attention because Illinois has a lot of debt (thanks Blago) and the governor and legislators have been talking about different ways to fund state services with the available monies without making big cuts or huge tax increases. No easy answers there. I believe there was also one in downtown Chicago.

Edwina's Secretary
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM

Just to make sure my memory was correct...I googled...Cindy Sheehan and Fox News....dismissive and rude
would be nice compared to the way she was treated for speaking out when she was unhappy with the way things are....

She was called a traitor, nuts, bad mother, and many horrid names.

I am all for peaceful protest...have done it. If you want to protest taxes or war or a supreme court decision or whatever - go for.

Just show a protest with which you disagree the same respect as a protest with which you agree.

Medusa
04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Just to make sure my memory was correct...I googled...Cindy Sheehan and Fox News....dismissive and rude
would be nice compared to the way she was treated for speaking out when she was unhappy with the way things are....

She was called a traitor, nuts, bad mother, and many horrid names.

I am all for peaceful protest...have done it. If you want to protest taxes or war or a supreme court decision or whatever - go for.

Just show a protest with which you disagree the same respect as a protest with which you agree.

If Fox did that, it was wrong to do so, IMO, but for CNN to do it w/the tea parties doesn't make it right either. Quid Pro Quo should not apply. That's tantamount to school yard fights. "S/he started it!" Juvenile.

Edwina's Secretary
04-19-2009, 06:31 PM
If Fox did that, it was wrong to do so, IMO, but for CNN to do it w/the tea parties doesn't make it right either. Quid Pro Quo should not apply. That's tantamount to school yard fights. "S/he started it!" Juvenile.

Just curious...when did CNN call one of the tax protesters ugly names?

Medusa
04-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Just curious...when did CNN call one of the tax protesters ugly names?

I don't know. I didn't say that they did. I said that they were rude and dismissive.

Edwina's Secretary
04-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Here's some example of rude and dismissive...all from Fox and all about anti-war demonstrators...

Fox News host and Weekly Standard executive editor Fred Barnes also stated:

BARNES: You know, I was struck by how uninformed and morally empty these demonstrations were.

[...]

BARNES: These demonstrators are both morally vacuous, they're stupid, they're disingenuous.

[...]

BARNES: They just don't want a war and they hate the U.S., Mort's right about that.

On the February 17, 2003, edition of Hannity & Colmes, co-host Sean Hannity stated of the protesters:
HANNITY: Had we listened to the appeasement movement, the pacifist movement, the same protesters back then as the ones today, the world wouldn't be a safer place. Why do they even have any credibility based on their failure after failure, historically speaking?

[...]

HANNITY: Steven, by the way, these are Marxist groups. They do organize this thing with very anti-American ideas. I don't believe every anti-war protester is anti-American. I'm not suggesting that.

I haven't seen this "rude and dismissive" behavior toward the tax protesters. It may well be there.

But it would be hard to top.....the fair and balanced quotes above.

Again...protest whatever you like...it is the martrydom I find a bit disingeneous.

Medusa
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Ok, for the record, I wasn't one of the protestors and I certainly don't claim martyrdom. I'm not even sure whom you're talking about regarding martyrdom. The tea parties were protests against higher taxes and runaway spending, not against any one person including President Obama. That's the last I'm going to say on the subject. There is too much arguing in the Dog House as it is w/out my adding to it. I think by now everyone knows how you feel, ES, so to go back and forth about it is tedious. If the "we" in the slogan "Yes we can!" is all inclusive, then the back and forth finger pointing has to end before any progress can be made.

Edwina's Secretary
04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Well Medusa...I understand the protest....and I support the right of citizens to do it. I have no problem with it at all.

I haven't a clue why you see my politics as a part of the discussion. I just don't understand why you referred to the news coverage as "rude and dismissive." I could care less if the protest was about Obama or The King of Siam.

Truth is truth.

blue
04-22-2009, 12:15 AM
I just don't understand why you referred to the news coverage as "rude and dismissive."

So you missed this in your searching?

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms45EzMR0f8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgunsnet%2Enet%2Fforums%2Fshowthr ead%2Ephp%3Ft%3D356188%26page%3D1%26pp%3D30&feature=player_embedded).

This, link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOrPzVECSjo).

And this, Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q).

This link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLsKt4O4Yw8).

And...

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-OWDjOQfI).